Sep 6, 2007
England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
God doesnt believe in real Atheists .
That's nice. I exist whether or not he believes in me.

Everyone knows , deep down, that it takes a personal theistic Creator (A Person) for the personal things in our Cosmos/Earth/Us.
Don't presume to dictate to me what I think. I do not believe in God regardless of your prejudice.

Its just that God is seen as a kill-joy to the immoral fun we so often desire.
Fun that hurts no-one cannot be in any sensible way seen as immoral.

Upvote 0

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
TheyCallMeDave said:
Im not ignorant about them ; I wanted to be one for a good 10 adult years, Ive read all the atheist books from notable authors who claim to be atheist themselves, I hang around people who like to label themselves as an atheist, and ive read the Bible many times on passages that dissect atheism including the motives for wanting to be One. Im very informed as to the ins and outs of atheism and the practice of it.

You say that, but clearly demonstrate the you don't understand the basic concept of what atheism actually is.

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Correct. I dont know of ANY real atheists .... just those who want to be called that and want to have the lifestyle of such. Regards.
An atheist is someone who meets the all of the following criteria:

1. Does not affirm that gods exist.
I satisfy the above criteria. Therefore, I am an atheist.

Pleased to meet you :wave:.

(But why would anyone want to be called an 'atheist', given that, in the USA, they're more reviled than *gasp* terrorists? And what is this 'lifestyle'? Have I been missing out on orgies and baby eating?)

Seriously. What lifestyle? I mean, it's clear you don't actually know anything about atheism or atheists. You claim to have done this:
Im not ignorant about them ; I wanted to be one for a good 10 adult years, Ive read all the atheist books from notable authors who claim to be atheist themselves, I hang around people who like to label themselves as an atheist, and ive read the Bible many times on passages that dissect atheism including the motives for wanting to be One. Im very informed as to the ins and outs of atheism and the practice of it.
Yet come out with such hilarious garbage as this:
God doesnt believe in real Atheists . Everyone knows , deep down, that it takes a personal theistic Creator (A Person) for the personal things in our Cosmos/Earth/Us. Its just that God is seen as a kill-joy to the immoral fun we so often desire.
Not only do you know nothing about atheism, you blatantly and demonstrably lied about having studied it.

Think about it. We're atheists. We of all people know what atheism is really about. Who do you think you're going to fool by spouting such lies? It'd be like an atheist telling Christians that, "Oh, I've studied all about Christianity, I've read all the books, so I know that Christians are all ignorant backwater hicks who lynch blacks and murder gays" - don't you think those people would spot the lie?

Think about it.

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
and yes - i know some will wish to enter into long scripture debates .but on this i do not.

;) No worries here, I've never seen a Scriptural debate in E & M (regardless of how much atheists like to attempt to discuss the Bible)

Upvote 0

Michaelismyname

Jun 11, 2012
✟1,230.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
"The Bible is wrong and there is no god."
"The fool says there is no god."
"Says who?"
"The Bible."
:doh:
you say the bible is wrong - based on ...nothing .!.

i say it is true because i have beleived it -applied it and tangibly experienced that which it promises.

hmm let me see ,shall i believe that which i have tangibly experienced or your chosen opinion based only on your chosen opinion - i would be a fool to choose your opinion.

Upvote 0

Skavau

Ode to the Forgotten Few
Sep 6, 2007
England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
you say the bible is wrong - based on ...nothing .!.
I would suggest he says the Bible is wrong based on lack of evidence in favour of it.

i say it is true because i have beleived it -applied it and tangibly experienced that which it promises.

hmm let me see ,shall i believe that which i have tangibly experienced or your chosen opinion based only on your chosen opinion - i would be a fool to choose your opinion.
I'm not sure anyone's asked you to not believe in it.

Upvote 0

wannabeadesigirl

Dec 28, 2007
✟17,294.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
Just throwing this out here to Christians but what is your opinion on 1st Corinthians 5:12
"What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?"

If I may speak frankly it's rather counterintuitive to believe that somehow a Christians belief in God is deeper than an atheists belief he doesn't exist. For a Christian God Exists. There's no question. To an Atheist God Does Not Exist, there is no question. Therefore it is counter intuitive for Christians to go about trying to convince anyone God does exist rather than presenting their faith in a straight forward A-Z fashion and leaving it at that.

So let's stop with the "you're foolish" "well you're more foolish" arguments, put them in a different thread and go BACK to the discussion at hand, which is why exactly is it wrong to have sex outside of marriage.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jminnesota

Sep 4, 2012
US
✟16,633.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
in my view sex outside of marriage is not wrong but its just better if your married is all it means something more then just sex. sex becomes making love and not just sex. and the more you make love the more the relationship gets deeper and deeper.

Upvote 0
in my view sex outside of marriage is not wrong but its just better if your married is all it means something more then just sex. sex becomes making love and not just sex. and the more you make love the more the relationship gets deeper and deeper.

Sex does not magically become making love just because you got married.

Upvote 0

Chajara

iEdit
Jan 9, 2005
Milwaukee
Visit site
✟12,941.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green

This happens when you fall in love with somebody, not when you marry them. A marriage license doesn't automatically turn casual sex into lovemaking.

Upvote 0

jminnesota

Sep 4, 2012
US
✟16,633.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
if you marry for the right reason and love eachother then sex to me is love making. 2 people having sex not married if they love eachother then yes that is love making as well. god would rather you be married before you have sex as it is in the bible.

Upvote 0

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
if you marry for the right reason and love eachother then sex to me is love making. 2 people having sex not married if they love eachother then yes that is love making as well. god would rather you be married before you have sex as it is in the bible.

So marriage is neither necessary nor sufficient for love making?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.