Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is no sin with becoming separated, two people who are married. See if you can prove from scripture the God approves of remarriage when the former partner is still alive.
Just proves to me that there is no union with God while married to the devil. The old nature must die. No way around it. Btw, the old nature is symbolic of legalism so good luck. I’ve spent enough time on this. Have a nice day.

Might be worth taking a look at who you spend your imaginary date night with to see how Christ looks at it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Just proves to me that there is no union with God while married to the devil. The old nature must die. No way around it. Btw, the old nature is symbolic of legalism so good luck. I’ve spent enough time on this. Have a nice day.

Might be worth taking a look at who you spend your imaginary date night with to see how Christ looks at it.
I am actually married, and dont imagine dating anyone.
I am also very glad marriage is only for this life and not the next one!

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
There is no sin with becoming separated, two people who are married.
Maybe.
It doesn't "say" it is sin, but
isn't it written that the wife belongs to the husband, and not to be separated for any length of time except when BOTH AGREE ?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Rather a mistermeaner when the thread is about testing God. Or maybe that’s the other thread that is running simitaneuosly.
People are not testing God when they commit adultery or disobey His commands concerning marriage -
they are rebelling against Him and will receive the punishment that God says is just for their sin.
The penalty for sin is still death.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Thank you for detailed examples. However, I'm surprised that while you quote examples from OT, you disagree with divorce, which OT allowed.
WHY was divorce "allowed" in the OT, according to Yahuweh Almighty Creator ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Maybe.
It doesn't "say" it is sin, but
isn't it written that the wife belongs to the husband, and not to be separated for any length of time except when BOTH AGREE ?
Actually that verse is referring to sexual intercourse, to come together again lest Satan tempt you to cheat on your spouse.

I was referring to a a more permanent separation, not a divorce. Paul mentions it as ok, for we are called to peace, and some marriages are violent.

Upvote 0