Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
It's been a half-hour already ... and only crickets.

Where are the forum's most vocal critics of Roy Moore? Why aren't they calling for Franken's immediate resignation?

Franken's statement,

“I certainly don’t remember the rehearsal for the skit in the same way, but I send my sincerest apologies to Leeann. As to the photo, it was clearly intended to be funny but wasn't. I shouldn't have done it”

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Franken's statement,

“I certainly don’t remember the rehearsal for the skit in the same way, but I send my sincerest apologies to Leeann. As to the photo, it was clearly intended to be funny but wasn't. I shouldn't have done it”
So ... It might follow that all Roy Moore needs to do now is issue a similar statement apologizing to anyone who might have different recollections of personal space violations.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So ... It might follow that all Roy Moore needs to do now is issue a similar statement apologizing to anyone who might have different recollections of personal space violations.
Sure. If they happened.

Maybe we all should. ;)

Dear world,

I sincerely apologize for any times in my recent or distant past when I may have violated your personal space in a way that made you feel uncomfortable. Although I am not aware of any time I may have done that, I know that I can not know the sensibilities of every person and therefore It may have happened without my knowledge.

I'm sorry.

P.S. Except for that one girl in the back seat of my Chevy back in 1970 down by the river after the drive in movie. You said no twice before I finally let go of your boob. You know who you are. I'm especially sorry!

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
He could. I do worry that the allegations against Roy Moore seem to be pilling up. I know that he scares the GOP establishment and Democrats, but are they together clever enough to produce a forged yearbook signature, as Moore is alleging it is.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Informative
Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

TestifyToTruth

Nov 24, 2016
Australia
✟110,283.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
From the Catholic Church (which I am very sad but also angry about, given I received my faith from growing up Catholic with good priests, nuns and others - at least that was my experience) to Hollywood (where rampant institutionalised sexual abuse was allowed to persist for decades) to the BBC (where Jimmy Saville was able to abuse and violently sexually abuse 100s of children over decades while being the face of British Broadcasting Commission youth music TV) to high level politics (Belgium and the "House of Horrors" pedophile dungeon cover-up and allegations of politician involvement - where 100,000s Belgians marched in the "white march" and the fire department sprayed the "filthy" parliament with water) to finally the Washington DC Swamp.

We are in the early stages of the apocalypse for sure. Apocalypse means the unveiling. Light will be shone in dark places. The "Finders" and "Franklin scandal" were early unveilings of high level pedophiles and coverups.

Much more is coming now. Moderators and deep state trolls can't keep saying "conspiracy theory - move along folks, nothing to see here..."

Listen to this great interview:

• Informative
Reactions: HereIStand
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,156.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well...except what he's done is claim it's all a lie and then wrapped himself up in a "I'm just being persecuted for Jesus sake!" flag. :wave:
tulc(thinks that sounds quite different) :sorry:

Reactions: Yarddog
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It

I was only expecting to emcee and introduce the acts, but Franken said he had written a part for me that he thought would be funny, and I agreed to play along.

When I saw the script, Franken had written a moment when his character comes at me for a ‘kiss’. I suspected what he was after, but I figured I could turn my head at the last minute, or put my hand over his mouth, to get more laughs from the crowd.

He said to me, “We need to rehearse the kiss.” I laughed and ignored him. Then he said it again. I said something like, ‘Relax Al, this isn’t SNL…we don’t need to rehearse the kiss.’

He repeated that actors really need to rehearse everything and that we must practice the kiss. I said ‘OK’ so he would stop badgering me. We did the line leading up to the kiss and then he came at me, put his hand on the back of my head, mashed his lips against mine and aggressively stuck his tongue in my mouth.

I immediately pushed him away with both of my hands against his chest and told him if he ever did that to me again I wouldn’t be so nice about it the next time.

Not long after, I performed the skit as written, carefully turning my head so he couldn’t kiss me on the lips.

I didn’t tell the Sergeant Major of the Army, who was the sponsor of the tour. I didn’t tell our USO rep what happened. [/QUOTE]

Tell them WHAT? Report WHAT?
You agreed to the skit, you read the script, you went along as the script was written, you said OK, you laughed, "you secretly thought" you could allow him to kiss you on the side of your face, you didn't like the manner in which he kissed you, you pushed him away?

Franken repaid me with petty insults, including drawing devil horns on at least one of the headshots I was autographing for the troops.

Petty insults and sexual innuendos are often part of "comedy" entertainment.
Defacing an others property, is a crime, whether or not one thinks it is funny;
THAT should have been reported.

To the complainant ~
And? An 11 yr old skit kiss your agreed to is news?

You agreed, to go on the trip and be an emcee and introduce the acts.
You agreed, to revise your purpose for going on the trip, and to be part of an act.
You did nothing to recuse yourself after reading the "skit".
You "secretly" thought you could change part of the "skit", you didn't like.
Then you didn't like, what you could not manage "to secretly change".
The "kiss"...That's on you. "NO" should have been sufficient, and would have had zero effect on your "career".

It wasn’t until I was back in the US and looking through the CD of photos we were given by the photographer that I saw this one:

Nothing funny about a man groping a woman while she is sleeping.

I wanted to shout my story to the world with a megaphone to anyone who would listen, but even as angry as I was, I was worried about the potential backlash and damage going public might have on my career as a broadcaster.

You "wanted to shout your story" - but you chose not to.
Too Bad your FEAR about your "career" was more important than doing what was RIGHT.

Not just because 2017 is not 2006, or because I am much more secure in my career now than I was then, and not because I’m still angry.

You had connections in the broadcasting arena, and did nothing.
You had access to the Attorney General's office, like anyone else, and did nothing.
You had access to the photograph, the photographer, witnesses, and did nothing.
Your "career" is more secure. Poor message your project.

While I find "his" behavior sickening - I'm not much impressed with "your" behavior either, then or now.

God Bless,
SBC

Last edited:
Upvote 0