Bootstrap

Jun 17, 2008
Durham, NC
✟11,739.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
If someone can provide for themselves and their family, they should. If not, welfare exists for a reason.

I pay a lot of taxes, and I hope that my tax money will be there for those who truly need it, and that they will accept it without guilt. I hope that those who do not will help me support those who do.

Upvote 0
S

StarryEyes

I had to really try to not be harsh.

I just did my taxes before I posted that and it wasn't easy because I do not make a lot of money, but I still had to pay income taxes. And it ticks me off that someone who in all likelyhood makes more money then I do is trying to find ways to make me (or people like me) pay for his child.
:thumbsup: me too

Upvote 0

eatenbylocusts

Senior Veteran
Oct 13, 2005
✟14,434.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
jongier-if you and your fiance are going to continue living together then it seems to me that a marriage should be happening asap. I think I read the baby was due in May, so this all may be moot. I understand about finances being tight, but we should be looking to God's directions first and formost. Want to live together, have sex? That belongs to marriage. And I have to say that marriage should not be entered lightly and without preparation and counsel.

Upvote 0

RichP

Saved
Sep 16, 2009
Bristol, UK
✟7,628.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Conservative
I really think that you know the answer to this. Get married. Not only for economics but for your child, for fiancee and yourself.

I also have to say I don't really like the fact that you are delaying your marriage so you can take advantage of something that is ment to help people who couldn't come up with the money themselves. (Not people who it would it would just make things more difficult. Paying out money always makes things more difficult for anyone.)

In all honesty I'll just tell you that you should stop living together if you arn't going to get married. Its obviously making things very difficult in regards to your pre-marital celibacy.

Your committment to the whole thing will show through your actions.

Personally I'd just recommend getting married in a small cerimony immediatly. That would save a whole lot of headache. If you guys want a larger cerimony or wedding then do it later as a renewal of vows.

FANTASTIC ADVICE!
my fiancee and I were going out as non-christians and then I converted and we stopped having sex and God told me I had to give her a chance to explore christianity and then she became a Christian too. I have a job in london for next year after my post-uni gap year. My girlfriend and I had agreed to move in together in London but when we became Christians we knew this wasnt going to be compatible with our faith, so I proposed and we are getting married next june, a month before we move in together.

Also I agree believe marriage is a legal thing but this doesnt escape the fact that marriage has not changed, it is your declaration before others and God which cannot be broken! I held the this belief before I bacame a Christian when people condemned pre-marital sex.

Reactions: DanC922
Upvote 0

DanC922

Dec 18, 2004
Wichita, Kansas
✟1,604.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
FANTASTIC ADVICE!
my fiancee and I were going out as non-christians and then I converted and we stopped having sex and God told me I had to give her a chance to explore christianity and then she became a Christian too. I have a job in london for next year after my post-uni gap year. My girlfriend and I had agreed to move in together in London but when we became Christians we knew this wasnt going to be compatible with our faith, so I proposed and we are getting married next june, a month before we move in together.

Also I agree believe marriage is a legal thing but this doesnt escape the fact that marriage has not changed, it is your declaration before others and God which cannot be broken! I held the this belief before I bacame a Christian when people condemned pre-marital sex.

That's great! :)

Upvote 0