Not open for further replies.

JanniGirl

Jun 17, 2010
✟2,188.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I simply find them untrue, McScribe. Sex is a reproductive function for animals. Since we're blessed to be created in the image of God, we are not mere animals. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure that animals find sex enjoyable and most certainly don't do it for "pleasure".

Your premise seems false rather than merely distasteful (though it is that, as well).

Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Enjoyable physically, sure. If you just want to "get off" and that's what you deem the purpose of sex is. Yes.

So sad, if that's all that some can conceive sex as, though. In my opinion its MUCH more than that.

Well and not only that..but if you want to get technical..the only reason its pleasurable is to ensure that we will repeat the process over and over to better ensure that we procreate..Even the female [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] it has been recently discovered the contractions pull the sperm up into the uterus.And even more fascinating although they cant figure out HOW but the contractions lead that sperm onto the side of her uterus that has the ovary that has already or is about to release the egg..

So if we are going to go with what sex is "for"..Mscribe the pleasure part is NOT separte from to procreate..the pleasure part is an "inusurance' policy that we will engage therefore procreate.

The bonding that occurs in couples?Another insurance policy..that we will stay together long enough to raise the young to a point that they can survive on thier own.

So Mscribe..if you want to get down to it..what sex is REALLY for?Is to procreate..for our species survival..just because it feels good doesnt mean thats the "puropse' it was actually DESIGNED for..So if you want to go with "what its for" ..you shouldnt engage unless you are trying to have a child.

Its as usual..people going on about the "need" for sex..its no more a "need' than havign children is..which is also a STRONG desire in many..and not only that..no one has a problem tampering with and preventing conception..but yet they make out like its against nature..to abstain..or to have to "wait" for it...or if someone doesnt beleive its the most important or cant be "lived' without element of life in general or marriage..

Dallas

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yes, well obviously we can conceive and have children without love, parents or family, but they are raised best in this context. The thing itself, at it's most stark, is breeding and growth. But the Bible shows by faith and truth how children are to be raised by loving discipline, care and guidance, with God's example of parenting.

The same thing applies to sex. Sex is basically a biological function. In the context of a loving marriage it comes to fruition. We are not disagreeing but perhaps you find my words distasteful.
I'm glad you posted this....because that was my point earlier. That is how I make the distinction......sex CAN be without love, relationship, and honor...even in marriage---because marriage also doesn't necessarily equate with love, commitment, and honor .......or, it CAN be the way I believe God intended it to be...WITH love, commitment, and honor. To say that sex = love denies that it CAN even exist in an unloving environment.

Upvote 0
Apr 15, 2009
Canada
✟16,558.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I simply find them untrue, McScribe. Sex is a reproductive function for animals. Since we're blessed to be created in the image of God, we are not mere animals. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure that animals find sex enjoyable and most certainly don't do it for "pleasure".

Your premise seems false rather than merely distasteful (though it is that, as well).

You have no basis for saying it's false, actually.

First of all, there are a number of animals that find sex pleasurable. Dolphins do, pigs do, Pygmy chimpanzees do. Interestingly there are a number of physical properties involved with this.

Second, human beings do in part use sex to reproduce. This is a scientific fact. Sperm and ovum connect, and can produce a fertilized ovum which results in a baby. That's biology.

Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I know sex in cats..isnt "enjoyable"..I know for the female its actually rather painful..thats why they ONLY do it when they are in heat..and that drive..and Im sure they have a "short term memory" on the pain part..overtakes and they are on a mission once in heat ..to mate..

Dallas

Upvote 0
Apr 15, 2009
Canada
✟16,558.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I'm glad you posted this....because that was my point earlier. That is how I make the distinction......sex CAN be without love, relationship, and honor...even in marriage---because marriage also doesn't necessarily equate with love, commitment, and honor .......or, it CAN be the way I believe God intended it to be...WITH love, commitment, and honor. To say that sex = love denies that it CAN even exist in an unloving environment.

This seems to be something we agree on. Marriage is another example. Human beings in a sense need either monogamy or social groups to raise children effectively. But the thing itself is just barely enough. The kind of marital love the Bible advocates transcends that. It changes it from function to a higher and better purpose.

Upvote 0
Apr 15, 2009
Canada
✟16,558.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I know sex in cats..isnt "enjoyable"..I know for the female its actually rather painful..thats why they ONLY do it when they are in heat..and that drive..and Im sure they have a "short term memory" on the pain part..overtakes and they are on a mission once in heat ..to mate..

Dallas

It really does depend on the animal. Interestingly animals that instinctively mate for life rarely have sex, and there are few physical differences among them. What an amazing world we live in. Some animals with bigger females than males, others in reverse, some which change their sex depending on anything from population to weather.

Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mcscribe..its not just "sperm and ova" connect..that is the POINT of the penis going on the vagina to begin with..the fact that it feels good is the INSENTIVE to put the penis in the vagina so the chance of reproducing is greater.

But no one has any issue(not no ne but many) with INERFERING with the sperm connecting with the ova..but then cry "NOT NATURAL" when someone suggest interfering with tha act itself which brigns pleasure..

Its clearly picking and choosing..calling one "unatural" and the other mums the word..or God gave us a brain for a reason..Yep..he gave us a brain..but BIRTH control is INTEREFERING with the MAIN purpose sex was created for..and pleasure is DRIVE or insentive ..you are partaking in the part that you LIKE about sex..acting as if its completely seperate..its NOT seperate..its all a PART of the grand plan to procreate.

Dallas

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Apr 15, 2009
Canada
✟16,558.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Mcscribe..its not just "sperm and ova" connect..that it the POINT of the penisis going on the vagina to begin with..the fact that it feels good is the INSENTIVE to put the penis in the vagina so the chance of reproducing is greater.

Btu NO one has any issue(not no ne but many) with INERFEREING with the sperm connectign with the ova..but then cry "NOT NATURAL" when someone suggest interfering with tha act itself which brigns pleasure..

Its clearly picking and choosing..calling one "unatural" and the other mums the word..or God gave us a brain for a reason..Yep..he gave us a brain..but BIRTH control is INEREFERING with the MAIN purpose sex was created for..and pleasure is DRIVE or insentive insentive..you are partaking in the part that you LIKE about sex..acting as if its completely seperate..its NOT seperate..its all a PART of the grand plan to procreate.

Dallas

What's your point?

Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Exactly..the "we are married so its ALL good" is a cover up..you can be beign USED for sex inside of marraige..you can be being taken advantage of for sex in marriage..Sex in marriage can be extremely a selfish act.When one person wants it and the other person is "required" to do so regardless of their feelings is nto made a "good thing" simply because its within the "bond" of marriage..its just as sick IMHO..Its also "not good" just because you are marreid for sex to be a center...for me and many people I know anyway..

Dallas

Upvote 0

JanniGirl

Jun 17, 2010
✟2,188.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Truth is, we don't know whether animals "enjoy" sex. They certainly cannot tell us. And if we want to consider ourselves mere animals, then we would only have sex for procreation as that is the only "biological" function.

I take the view that we are not mere animals (flesh & bone only) but that as beings created in the image of God, we have souls and it is our soul that makes us human. It's not just our intelligence.

Upvote 0
Apr 15, 2009
Canada
✟16,558.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Truth is, we don't know whether animals "enjoy" sex. They certainly cannot tell us. And if we want to consider ourselves mere animals, then we would only have sex for procreation as that is the only "biological" function.

I take the view that we are not mere animals (flesh & bone only) but that as beings created in the image of God, we have souls and it is our soul that makes us human. It's not just our intelligence.

If you show me where I said humans are mere animals I will apologize. I said nothing of the kind in my opinion. What I said is that sex is at root a biological function, that's not the same thing. Furthermore, scientific observation can tell us a lot about animals. If you don't know about it personally your opinion with all due respect doesn't make mine invalid since I have studied it and am referring to scientific opinion based on years of study.

Yes, we do have souls, we are made in God's image. However sex is not a form of magic. It is what we choose do do with it that demonstrates love and caring of our spouse. It is choice that brings us closer to God and one another. I am not entirely sure about what you are disagreeing with here.

Upvote 0

Athene

Grammatically incorrect
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
✟42,546.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
If you show me where I said humans are mere animals I will apologize. I said nothing of the kind in my opinion. What I said is that sex is at root a biological function, that's not the same thing. Furthermore, scientific observation can tell us a lot about animals. If you don't know about it personally your opinion with all due respect doesn't make mine invalid since I have studied it and am referring to scientific opinion based on years of study.

Yes, we do have souls, we are made in God's image. However sex is not a form of magic. It is what we choose do do with it that demonstrates love and caring of our spouse. It is choice that brings us closer to God and one another. I am not entirely sure about what you are disagreeing with here.

^^^This^^^

/thread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Conservativation

Jun 18, 2009
✟13,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

OUTSTANDING post.

and no, you made no intimation about people being animals, thats just the handle that can be grabbed to use to vault over your points and leave them not addressed

Upvote 0

Created2Write

His Pink Princess
Mar 12, 2010
Oregon
✟13,703.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Great post.

Again, since this continues to be missed by some, no one has said that sex creates love where there isn't any already existing, no one has advocated sex being a greedy, self-satisfying physical action, and no one has suggested that sex is the only important aspect in marriage.

Okay? Good. Now we're clear.

The only points that have been made are these:
1. To some people, sex is a relational need.
2. To some people, love, honesty, respect, communication, trust and friendship(which are all ingredients to a healthy, happy marriage) are incomplete without sex. Meaning, to some here, sex is also an important ingredient to a healthy, happy marriage.

No one has to agree. But it would be nice if the misrepresentations would stop. How many times do we have to clarify the same things before you'll believe us? It seems with every single post we're having to re-clarify, "No, actually, we're not talking about that, we're talking about this." It's exhausting.

Upvote 0

Conservativation

Jun 18, 2009
✟13,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is exhausting, but if someone came right out with the opinion about sex thats buried in all that lots of folks would object, heck even some of the ones saying it, if it was stated straight out, would reject it. Its not just misrepresenting it here so to have an easy target, its a way to even think about it and include the added hyperbole so that one's feelings towards it can be internally rationalized. In that way I dont think they add these things just for the forum, and thats why its always impossible to even get an admission that stuff was added. Its in theor core belief set the way it gets stated here is the way its weighed and evaluated in the mind. It seems totally fine and reasonable to have a more/less negative view on something when you mentally frame it with these distortions, to the point I cant even tell if some have ever honestly and without hyperbole thought about sex simply as is, rather than it being ALL that's important, etc.

Therefore, there is no font big enough nor statement clear enough to move the two tectonic plates back into place

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Great post.

Again, since this continues to be missed by some, no one has said that sex creates love where there isn't any already existing, no one has advocated sex being a greedy, self-satisfying physical action, and no one has suggested that sex is the only important aspect in marriage.

Okay? Good. Now we're clear.

The only points that have been made are these:
1. To some people, sex is a relational need.
2. To some people, love, honesty, respect, communication, trust and friendship(which are all ingredients to a healthy, happy marriage) are incomplete without sex. Meaning, to some here, sex is also an important ingredient to a healthy, happy marriage.

No one has to agree. But it would be nice if the misrepresentations would stop. How many times do we have to clarify the same things before you'll believe us? It seems with every single post we're having to re-clarify, "No, actually, we're not talking about that, we're talking about this." It's exhausting.
Umm.....there is no need to yell. It isn't that you aren't being "heard".

Reactions: JaneFW
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.