✟4,598.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hello everybody :)

In another thread, there was some talk about sex, and how women sometimes use sex as a weapon. Being that I'm in a silly mood, I figured that I'd pester you all about the idea.

So, I understand that it is hurtful for a woman to always turn her husband away when she is upset, and I agree. Many times I've heard men refer to this as if their wives were using sex as a weapon to get what they want by withholding sex.

Now, here is something that I am curious about. If a man and woman have a loving and healthy sex life, would a man be just as upset if his wife sought him out for amazing sex for the purpose of not only the connection, but also to soften him toward giving her something that she wanted? (It could be anything, emotional, physical, material; being that the object isn't the point)

Women, how to you feel about your husband possibly paying extra special attention to you sexually to soften you toward something that he would like from you? Would you be more apt to be generous with him because he made such an effort to see to your pleasure or do something that you liked that he normally didn't do often?

The only thing that I would like to clarify is that I'm not talking about someone being harmfully manipulative like rolling their spouse in the hay just so they can run off with their credit card or something. What actually got me thinking about it was how my husband will purposefully initiate sex because he knows that if he can work me over a bit, I soften toward him and have a hard time remaining angry, which leads to better communication. It's devious and crafty, and I know that he is doing it, but I don't mind. I think it's kind of cute how that lil bugger will push my buttons with that sly smile on his face.

So, anyway, how do you feel about using sex as a way to sweetly motivate a spouse into doing something peachy? *wiggles eyebrows*

bkg

Standing for Restoration
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟8,627.00
Faith
Non-Denom
From a Jimmy Evans CD:

Women get in touch with their sexuality through emotions...
Men get in touch with their emotions through sex...

I believe this, BTW... Given that, sex can be a very powerful TOOL for women to soften a mans heart, make him comfortable with expressing emotion, etc..

My ex-wife used to tell me that I only say "I love you" in the bedroom... I think there is credence to what Jimmy is saying.

Upvote 0

Violet

living in marital bliss
Apr 14, 2004
Texas
✟8,730.00
Faith
Baptist
Well that would never work w/me because he always gets what he wants anyway lol.

But yea, when I'm upset w/him about something he has this way of making me forget. Then two hours later I'm thinking "Heeeey, I'm mad at him. Aren't I?" lol...

Most of the time I don't mind but there are times that I really want to talk to him about things that he doesn't feel like talking about so he manipulates me to forget about it lol.

Upvote 0

bliz

Contributor
Jun 5, 2004
Here
✟14,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe I was clueless and ignorant when I married, but I'm just as clueless today. It has never occoured to me to use sex as a weapon, or to minipulate my husband through sex and I would be angry and very upset if I thought he had used sex in that way. I find such ideas are incompatable with a Christian view of sex.

Frankly, I am uncomfortable with some of the language that has been used thus far in describing sex between a husband and wife. For example:

"... my husband will purposefully initiate sex because he knows that if he can work me over a bit..."

"... he always gets what he wants anyway lol.

'It's devious and crafty, and I know that he is doing it, but I don't mind. I think it's kind of cute how that lil bugger will push my buttons with that sly smile on his face. "

"... there are times that I really want to talk to him about things that he doesn't feel like talking about so he manipulates me to forget about it lol."

Have I lost my sense of humor or perspective today? What has been described would make me feel used; it would cheapen our sexual relationship and seriously harm trust in our relationship.

Perhaps it is my husband and I who have a strange marriage... We have a very active sex life (yes, even at our advanced age) and we both find sex to be a lot fun, in addition to being a wonderful expression of love and a great bond. We talk, and disagree and work things out. But I have never felt that I have been manipulated through sex, and I have never even considered using sex to minipulate my husband.

We are hardly perfect people, but our sex life is simply off limits.

Upvote 0

Violet

living in marital bliss
Apr 14, 2004
Texas
✟8,730.00
Faith
Baptist
Bliz I understand what you're saying. But I could never feel used by my husband sexually. And honestly I really don't think it's his full intention to make me forget because he knows eventually I'll remember and bring it up anyway. He says that I'm so cute when I'm mad (which is quite annoying) and it kind of turns him on. I'm pretty forgiving and I don't stay angry for long at all.

And I just don't see anything wrong w/him getting whatever he wants. I'm a very giving wife and want him to have everything. What's wrong w/that?

Upvote 0

Jenna

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
✟4,598.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
*laughs* Oh Bliz, this isn't nearly as serious of a topic as what you are making it. :) Please don't be uncomfortable about my language. lol My husband is a very loving man, and I enjoy his playfulness, even if he is a mite mischievious in it's execution. When I say "weapon", it's quite innocuous. Maybe I should have said 'feather tickler' instead? ;) To get too serious about it is to take away from what I am really getting at.

For example, if my husband brough me home roses and I took one of those soft buds and caressed him all over with it and followed with even more sensual play, and then whispered in his ear that I would just love for him to get me flowers more often, is that being too terribly manipulative? *wiggles eyebrows* I mean, I would be using sex to make it appealing for him to give me what I want. Does that scenario make people uncomfortable?

Upvote 0

kayanne

Jan 25, 2004
✟1,049.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
jenna, i think i know what you mean. we do little playful back and forth things like that all the time. i think it's fine and healthy (for us anyway).
for example, the other night, my husband and i were out for our date night, and i asked him if we could stop by a particular store that was having a shoe sale, because i wanted some red sandals. he hates to shop, so just agreeing to go was a very loving gesture. well, at the store, i found not only red sandals i loved, but brown ones also, so i asked him if i could get both (he's the money manager). he told me sure, get both, and i winked at him and said seductively "i owe you...." he knew what i meant, and he did "collect what was due" after our date. it was all just in teasing fun---we probably would have been intimate after our date regardless of the shoe shopping. but that's just one example of how he tries to do things to make me happy, i try to do special things to make him happy, and we both end up very happy most of the time.
i don't think it's manipulative, i think it's just a wonderful cycle of: wife treats husband special, husband does something special for wife, wife feels loved and reciprocates, husband feels like husband-of-the-year and does something special again for wife---it just keeps going around. sometimes s*x enters into the cycle.

Upvote 0

Funkmd

awake
Aug 30, 2003
Maryland
✟7,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Jenna,
I understand what you are saying.

I think that sex or just any intimate alone time with your spouse can be a way to smooth things over. God made sex, and in it's design are many ways to communicate. Sometimes you don't have to say a word, but you both say exactly what is on your hearts, and your hearts hear eachother.

This can make it easier to handle stressful decision making and other day to day garbage, just by coming back to that age old language that is so clear.
So yes, it is a tool.

~

Reactions: kayanne
Upvote 0

kayanne

Jan 25, 2004
✟1,049.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Funkmd said:
Jenna,
I understand what you are saying.

I think that sex or just any intimate alone time with your spouse can be a way to smooth things over. God made sex, and in it's design are many ways to communicate. Sometimes you don't have to say a word, but you both say exactly what is on your hearts, and your hearts hear eachother.

This can make it easier to handle stressful decision making and other day to day garbage, just by coming back to that age old language that is so clear.
So yes, it is a tool.

~
i like how you put this

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
S

SarahAblaze06

you can do these types of things in the way of being playful or being manipulative...
there is a line that you can cross from being playful and being manipulative... playful is whne both parties pretty much know what is going on.. the word manipulative has a very negative connotation and so i woudl think that taht is more when they are doing somethin in a decietful way/decieving the other person for their own gain, not for the gain of one another.

Upvote 0