Seven Days: Why is "I don't know" unacceptable?

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There would be no evening and morning without a light source. Perhaps that's what they meant.

Hi 57,

But, that is not a true statement. Evening and morning are merely two halves of a day. They don't start when the sun comes up or the moon rises or either one sets. God merely divided the span of time of a day into two equal halves.

God bless you.
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi 57,

But, that is not a true statement. Evening and morning are merely two halves of a day. They don't start when the sun comes up or the moon rises or either one sets. God merely divided the span of time of a day into two equal halves.

God bless you.
In Christ, ted

Technically...you might have some sort of point...but typically I think it is associated with the sun rising and setting.....Then again the sun really doesn't rise and set.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Technically...you might have some sort of point...but typically I think it is associated with the sun rising and setting.....Then again the sun really doesn't rise and set.

Hi 57,

Yes, but we're not dealing with what man believes according to what for 6,000 years has been associated with evening and morning. What we're working to discern here is what God has said and whether or not God, when He says there was evening and there was morning the first day, meant for us to deny that what He has said could possibly be true because man has come to associate that evening and morning are somehow tied in with the sun existing.

My position is that when God said there was evening and morning the first day, that He intends us to understand that there was one half of the period of a fairly normal time span of a day and then the second half of a fairly normal time span of a day. It is God's way of telling us that these arguments about 'how long the days of creation were', or 'how we could possibly understand that God created this realm in the time span of what we know today as six fairly normal days', are answered by God.

His account says that, yes, the days were six days just like you and I experience today as regards the length of the days. They were days that consisted of an evening (one half of a roughly 24 hour time span) and a morning (the other half of a roughly 24 hour time span of a fairly normal day). You see, for me, God has answered all these questions that we have about the length of actual, real time that it took God to create this realm of creation that He made for the existence of mankind. For me, I believe that God inserted the 'evening and morning' clue for the very purpose of answering the doubts that He knew men would have about believing what He has told us about creating this realm and how long it actually took Him to put it all together.

Then He lists for us the genealogies of Adam and then Noah and Abraham. There was a purpose that God didn't just tell us that so-and-so was the son of so-and so. God listed the number of years that each father had lived when that father had a particular son. That accounting of years would have been worthless as merely evidence that father begat child all the way to Jesus. Those years are given for the very purpose that not only can we know without doubt that God did create this realm in the time span of six fairly normal lengths of days, but, he did it all about 6,000 years ago. God has answered all our questions. We just don't want to believe it because it stands awkwardly opposed to what man has told us is the 'truth'.

God created this entire realm of existence just as He has told us and He is going to bring it all to a close just as He has told us. In the end, God is going to achieve the purpose for which He did all of this creating. He is going to have the royal priesthood which He intended to get from the very beginning. Those who have believed His Son, just as was established before the foundations of the world were set in place, will gain eternal life with God. That's my understanding of God's word and this realm in which we live. How it was created and when it was created just as God has clearly told us.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi 57,

Yes, but we're not dealing with what man believes according to what for 6,000 years has been associated with evening and morning. What we're working to discern here is what God has said and whether or not God, when He says there was evening and there was morning the first day, meant for us to deny that what He has said could possibly be true because man has come to associate that evening and morning are somehow tied in with the sun existing.

My position is that when God said there was evening and morning the first day, that He intends us to understand that there was one half of the period of a fairly normal time span of a day and then the second half of a fairly normal time span of a day. It is God's way of telling us that these arguments about 'how long the days of creation were', or 'how we could possibly understand that God created this realm in the time span of what we know today as six fairly normal days', are answered by God.

His account says that, yes, the days were six days just like you and I experience today as regards the length of the days. They were days that consisted of an evening (one half of a roughly 24 hour time span) and a morning (the other half of a roughly 24 hour time span of a fairly normal day). You see, for me, God has answered all these questions that we have about the length of actual, real time that it took God to create this realm of creation that He made for the existence of mankind. For me, I believe that God inserted the 'evening and morning' clue for the very purpose of answering the doubts that He knew men would have about believing what He has told us about creating this realm and how long it actually took Him to put it all together.

Then He lists for us the genealogies of Adam and then Noah and Abraham. There was a purpose that God didn't just tell us that so-and-so was the son of so-and so. God listed the number of years that each father had lived when that father had a particular son. That accounting of years would have been worthless as merely evidence that father begat child all the way to Jesus. Those years are given for the very purpose that not only can we know without doubt that God did create this realm in the time span of six fairly normal lengths of days, but, he did it all about 6,000 years ago. God has answered all our questions. We just don't want to believe it because it stands awkwardly opposed to what man has told us is the 'truth'.

God created this entire realm of existence just as He has told us and He is going to bring it all to a close just as He has told us. In the end, God is going to achieve the purpose for which He did all of this creating. He is going to have the royal priesthood which He intended to get from the very beginning. Those who have believed His Son, just as was established before the foundations of the world were set in place, will gain eternal life with God. That's my understanding of God's word and this realm in which we live. How it was created and when it was created just as God has clearly told us.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted.

Thanks for that post. I don't disagree. When evening started and when morning started really isn't the question...answer...The truth is the scripture told us God (through Christ Jesus) made it in six days and rested on the 7th.

As you know the 10 commandments supports a literal 24 hour day where we read...Gen 20:11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day.
These days were set up for man as a pattern for the Israelites to work and worship God.

• Agree
Reactions: miamited
Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hi 57,

God bless you.
In Christ, ted

Well, that's not accurate. Evening is the time when the sun sets. Morning is the time when the sun comes up. The day and the night are NOT always equal; in fact, here in the United States, the dark time is longer than the light time right now. That's part what makes it winter.

At the North Pole, there won't be any morning until spring.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, that's not accurate. Evening is the time when the sun sets. Morning is the time when the sun comes up. The day and the night are NOT always equal; in fact, here in the United States, the dark time is longer than the light time right now. That's part what makes it winter.

At the North Pole, there won't be any morning until spring.

Hi paul,

Yes, unfortunately, that's what people seem to believe.

God bless you
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So are you going to adjust your time by the new leap second, or decline to use it personally?

Extra leap second added to 2016

Hi paul,

No, and I've never been dogmatic about the days of creation being exactly 24 hours. My understanding is that they were the same length and duration as days are today. 24 hours and however many extra seconds or minutes that may be. The adjusting of the hours and seconds of the duration of a day is a man made contrivance. The actual length of a day is whatever it is. However long it takes our planet to make one full rotation upon its axis, however much time that takes, is the length of a day. Man has decided to divide that time into 24 hours and that works pretty fine most of the time for all the people of the earth to keep track of time as it passes upon the earth. However, as you have pointed out, nothing man does is ever perfect.

I don't know if you posted that as a joke or to be humorous. I certainly hope so, because if you're serious, you just don't understand the issue regarding the days of creation.

God bless you
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi again paul,

I apologize. I answered your response to me without having watched the video. I'm now convinced that your post was an attempt at humor. I had to laugh when the 'keeper of time' said that our adding a leap second to the atomic clock was to 'help the earth keep up with our clocks'. The arrogance in such a silly statement actually had me laughing. That we need to help what God created to keep up with what man has created.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
God's 7 Days/Ages of Creation

A Day in Hebrew is a period of time. In the Creation story, it's one of God's 7 Days or Ages. Genesis chapter 1 is the entire history of God's 6 Creative Days. God is working to create a perfect physical Heaven and fill it with His born again children who will live forever with Him.

God uses the Hebrew word Yowm for Day. The word yowm is used in Scripture for 12 hours, 24 hours, a lifetime and forever. Since the present 6th Day began when Jesus made the beasts of the field and birds and Adam named them, Gen 2:19 and since Gen 1:28-31 tells of events which happen AFTER Jesus returns at Armageddon, the idea that each Day is 24 hours, is totally unscriptural. That is WHY the FUTURE 7th Day has NO evening since it has NO end. It's Eternity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God's 7 Days/Ages of Creation

A Day in Hebrew is a period of time. In the Creation story, it's one of God's 7 Days or Ages. Genesis chapter 1 is the entire history of God's 6 Creative Days. God is working to create a perfect physical Heaven and fill it with His born again children who will live forever with Him.

God uses the Hebrew word Yowm for Day. The word yowm is used in Scripture for 12 hours, 24 hours, a lifetime and forever. Since the present 6th Day began when Jesus made the beasts of the field and birds and Adam named them, Gen 2:19 and since Gen 1:28-31 tells of events which happen AFTER Jesus returns at Armageddon, the idea that each Day is 24 hours, is totally unscriptural. That is WHY the FUTURE 7th Day has NO evening since it has NO end. It's Eternity.

Just as you have tried to look at "day" in context...so you must look at day in the proper context when speaking og Genesis 1. Nothing suggest a day was more than 24 hours..NOTHING...Then again you already knew that.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Aman777
Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Just as you have tried to look at "day" in context...so you must look at day in the proper context when speaking og Genesis 1. Nothing suggest a day was more than 24 hours..NOTHING...Then again you already knew that.

False, unless you can tell us of a time in History when Humans had dominion or rule over every living creature including viruses, mosquitoes and angels as Gen 1:28 states.....AND....WHEN in the past ALL living creatures were vegetarians as Gen 1:30 states. IOW, the end of the present 6th Day is FUTURE to 2016. Amen?

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
False, unless you can tell us of a time in History when Humans had dominion or rule over every living creature including viruses, mosquitoes and angels as Gen 1:28 states
Day 6 is what the bible tells us. There was a day seven after day 6.

.....AND....WHEN in the past ALL living creatures were vegetarians as Gen 1:30 states.
Once again day 6 is what the bible tells us. How long did it stay that way? Perhaps until the fall in the garden which is an unknown time period.

IOW, the end of the present 6th Day is FUTURE to 2016. Amen?

Gen 1:31 tells us the sixth day ended. "And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day". Gen 2:2 tells us God completed the 7th day...and rested on that day. Even the 10 commandments agree.

• Agree
Reactions: Joshua_5
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
False, unless you can tell us of a time in History when Humans had dominion or rule over every living creature including viruses, mosquitoes and angels as Gen 1:28 states.....AND....WHEN in the past ALL living creatures were vegetarians as Gen 1:30 states. IOW, the end of the present 6th Day is FUTURE to 2016. Amen?

Hi aman,

I can't tell you anything with any verifiable proof as to whether or not all animals before the fall were or weren't vegetarian, but...

Neither can you. You are just like me as far as having any first hand hard proof of what the Scriptures say regarding the creation event. All we can do is believe, on faith, that God's word is true. We can ask the Holy Spirit for understanding and wisdom regarding such things, but that's only going to be a personal conviction and not something you can lay out as proof to others.

I don't know how you define 'dominion', but man does have dominion over every living thing that moves upon the earth. That doesn't mean that we can tell everything what to do and it does it, any more than I can tell a fish to swim backwards. But I am able to corral any animal that I wish and to kill it and eat it if I so choose. Any living creature on the earth is under my dominion, if I so want it to be. Personally, I'm not convicted that viruses and such are a part of the 'every living thing that moves about the earth'. Like I said, I think God's word was written to the common man to understand in all ages and 5,000 years ago no one even knew that viruses existed. So, I have very, very strong doubts that your understanding of 'every living thing' is necessarily what God intended to convey when He caused to be written 'every living thing'. He was, after all, talking to Adam at that time. Adam wouldn't have had a clue about anything except the creatures that he could see with his eyes.

However, you are free to believe whatever you have established in your heart is the truth.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Day 6 is what the bible tells us. There was a day seven after day 6.

The 7th Day is Eternity since it has no evening and no end. At the end of the present 6th Day AFTER death is destroyed 1Co 15:26 and AFTER God's work is finished (Heb-brought to perfection) and ALL of the "host" of Heaven is safely in Heaven, Gen 2:1 God will rest from ALL of His work of creating. Gen 2:2-3

*** Once again day 6 is what the bible tells us. How long did it stay that way? Perhaps until the fall in the garden which is an unknown time period.

The 6th Day began when Jesus made the beasts of the field and birds, which Adam named. Gen 2:19 The 6th Day will end after Jesus rules and reigns for a thousand years on Planet Earth. Rev 20:6 This is when God's Creation is brought to perfection and it is THEN when God rests (Heb-shabath-ceases) from ALL of His work of creating. Gen 2:2-3

*** Gen 1:31 tells us the sixth day ended. "And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day".

The imperfect tense of the Hebrew verb shows that God's work of Creating continues Today. EVERY Gospel preacher agrees and tells us that it is NOT too late to be born again Spiritually. The present 6th Day IS the Day of Salvation.

2Co 6:2 (For He saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured (helped) thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, NOW is the day of salvation.)

*** Gen 2:2 tells us God completed the 7th day...and rested on that day. Even the 10 commandments agree.

Not in Gen 2:2-3 which REPEATS that God rests (Ceases) from ALL of His work of creating on the 7th Day. When God rests from ALL of His work of creating, it will be too late to be born again Spiritually since it takes the AGREEMENT of The Trinity to "create" a New Creature in Christ. Gen 1:26 AND John 14:16

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The 7th Day is Eternity since it has no evening and no end. At the end of the present 6th Day AFTER death is destroyed 1Co 15:26 and AFTER God's work is finished (Heb-brought to perfection) and ALL of the "host" of Heaven is safely in Heaven, Gen 2:1 God will rest from ALL of His work of creating. Gen 2:2-3

The bible says the sixth day ended. Sorry, but I didn't write the bible and don't have the right to change it.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
The bible says the sixth day ended. Sorry, but I didn't write the bible and don't have the right to change it.

Neither do I. Can you tell us WHEN, in the past, Humans had dominion or rule over mosquitoes or Angels?

Or WHEN Bears and Lions were changed into vegetarians? Of course NOT since Gen 1:28-31 is PROPHECY of events which happen AFTER Jesus returns at Armageddon. Amen?

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Neither do I. Can you tell us WHEN, in the past, Humans had dominion or rule over mosquitoes or Angels?

Or WHEN Bears and Lions were changed into vegetarians? Of course NOT since Gen 1:28-31 is PROPHECY of events which happen AFTER Jesus returns at Armageddon. Amen?

It all changed after the fall.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
It all changed after the fall.

UnScriptural since the fall had nothing to do with anything except Humans (desdendants of Adam).

Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon ALL MEN, for that all have sinned:

Adam was made to live forever, but sin (disobeying God's command) was INHERITED by ALL who descended from him. Humans are all sinners. NO animal sins because they cannot understand God's perfect Law. The idea that there was NO death until Adam sinned is an unsupported religious view of ancient men and cannot be upheld by Scripture. IF you don't believe me, then post Scripture which confirms the idea that there was no death until Adam sinned.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
That is an arguable statement. At best, it is more or less correct and by some readings, infer a great deal not in the text.

Completely wrong, but fanatically held to by several generations of ignorance worshippers and science haters. And of course, those who believe those people without study, understanding or thought.

All of which is true, and none of which is germane to the discussion at hand. What you're saying is "God knows all and therefore God is bound to MY [pat34lee's] understanding." No, God is not bound by your understanding.

And you are not 'seeing' much. But then, you are maintaining your current record.

This seems to be your attribution to me. Not only did I not say or imply this, it is evidence of your lack of thinking. What you really mean is, "Anyone who disagrees with pat34lee is wrong and dismisses God". That is not the case.

I will give you a chance to delete your remarks about me and deal with the facts. If not, I will report you.

"When you disagree, address the content of the post and not the poster."
Statement of Purpose - Creationism & Theistic Evolution Statement of Purpose

Upvote 0