✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you are reading this, then .....

You are a new believer, or you are not, and you are here because you want to serve God, with power, and you want to know how.

You want to be an influence, and you want to do this, for GOD's Glory.

You want to go to bed at night knowing that your words, your deeds, your life, are all impacting others, for God's glory.

Well, if you want that, then read all my Threads, as they are all lessons in Pauline Theology that will either increase your faith, or they will reverse your faith from broken faith to Real, if you are sincere.

I am, are you?

Listen,

God has purchased us, the born again, with the Blood of Jesus.
WE, the born again, are "bought with a Price", and that Price was Paid by GOD on The Cross, 2000 yrs ago.

Can you See Jesus hanging on the Cross?
Can you See all that blood, and all that agony?
He allowed that, God came here for that...... so that you and i can escape the punishment we deserve for our SIN after we die, that is THAT TERRIBLE.

Sin is not a joke, and that Cross proved it.
God is waiting for us all, Heaven is real, and Hell is not a myth.

Jesus as God on the Cross, died for all our sin, so that we can Live as God's Eternal Life.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, how do you find the power, for influence, so that you literally bring The Light of the Gospel, everywhere you go ?
Let me show you..
There is only one way.....
You have to permanently end all self effort to try to do for yourself, what only the Blood of Jesus has already done, by being Shed 2000 Yrs ago, for you.

You have to get away from trying to perform for God's acceptance, and learn how to BELIEVE that God's Blood shed as Christ on the Cross, always makes you accepted by God, forever.

See that?
That is REAL FAITH, vs, religious self effort that is trying to replace it.

You have to exist in REAL faith, that never again tries to be good and do good, as your way to perform for God, that you BELIEVED He will accept to save you or = keep you saved.

You have to stop trying to save yourself and you have to stop trying to keep yourself saved.... by realizing that you are doing this, and from that moment you let that false faith go you will begin to exist as having REAL Faith, that God will empower as your power of influence and holiness.

How do you know when you have left faith in self, and entered REAL faith in Christ?
How do you know?

Very simple,....>you will totally believe that Christ keeps you saved, no matter what., as this is when you have understood the blood atonement as God's Grace correctly and have entered into REAL Faith.

And there is your power, found, in that real faith, and not until.

Christ said...."apart from me you can do nothing"..

So, this verse is a deeply Spiritual aspect. Its all about REAL FAITH that is WHY you are abiding , vs, wrong faith that separates you..... not from God's Salvation, but from this...."Christ always gives me the Victory".

Notice that Paul is explaining that "VICTORY"......over sin, flesh, the world, and the devil, is GIVEN......not EARNED or PERFORMED by you.

See that?
You have to see it to believe it.

The power of Christ, Paul said, exists in your weakness....>"when i am weak then i am strong".
This means, when i am in submission to real faith, Christ works through me powerfully.

This is why Paul says...>"it is not I who live, but Christ who lives in me, through me"".....

See that?

That is submission to Christ, not by lifestyle, but by REAL FAITH.

All things with God are Spirit and Truth, Faith and Life.

Do you recall when Jesus said....."Lazarus come forth" !

Jesus was careful not to just say "come forth", or every grave in the world would have opened and all the dead would have come forth.

See that power?
That is the WORD of GOD in effect.

That is the power, of the influence that God wants to have through you, but can't unless you have real faith.
The NT says that you " please God by faith".
God does not need your works. He is ONLY looking for your FAITH so that through this, He can do HIS WORK, through you.

See, when you have wrong faith, which is...>"here is what im doing to be accepted by God", then you are, as JESUS told you earlier in this verse.....>"Apart from me you can do NOTHING".
You can't even get your sinning and confessing under control until your FAITH is correct.

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you have wrong faith, then your Christianity is stalled, its broken, and you are eventually going to ask....>>"why isnt this working". I try so hard and for WHAT....so that i can never get a prayer answered, and i can feel condemned all the time because all i do is sin and confess"

See that person?
Thats most believers, who are the victim of wrong faith.

Get your faith right and you get God's power that becomes your empowerment to be a real influence and live holy.
Get your faith right, and you can live here..."Christ always GIVES me......the VICTORY".

So, Saint, get your faith right, ... get away from the religion of self righteous self effort to try to keep God's fellowship, and instead come to SEE that God is kept always in fellowship with you and always in perfect peace with you, because God as Christ shed His own blood to make this so, 2000 yrs ago.

Learn to live in this RIGHT FAITH, and you will find God's Grace as your REST, and in this place of real faith, you will find : "Christ always gives me the Victory", and that is your Power of Influence, that is real discipleship.

Last edited:

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your posts, which relates to the message of the gospel.

Yes, we must put off the old self, which I understand that to be our selfishness, self control, etc.

I believe one of your posts said that "seeking the Kingdom of Heaven" is what the gospel teaches, and that's what you are concerned about. Thank you for that comment (in another post of yours), because it confirms for me, being new in understanding the gospel, that salvation is based on the gospel for us, which is the Gospel of Christ.

Thank you again, and God bless!

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
How do you know when you have left faith in self, and entered REAL faith in Christ?
How do you know?
Real Faith is tested, and proved genuine.
1 Peter 1:
6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved
by various trials,
7 that the genuineness of your faith, much more precious than gold that perishes,
though
it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

If someone claims to have faith is faced with opposition and then turns away, was faith genuine?
James 2:18 But someone will say, You have faith, and I have works. Show me your faith
without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
Matthew 13:
20 But he who received the seed on stony places, this is he who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy;
21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when tribulation or
persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles.
Hebrews 2:3 How shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first
began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard.
Hebrews 3:
7 Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says: Today, if you will hear His voice,
8 Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, in the day of trial in the wilderness.

Matthew 24:13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hope you don't mind if I say what has been revealed to me about what faith is, and I clearly see the faith Sidon is referring to.

God says to believe! That's to believe all of the gospel message. That is to exercise the faith of Abraham.

Everything else is given to us by God, by his grace. "Seek ye the Kingdom of Heaven first, and all these things shall be added unto you."

I used to think that to believe meant to believe I would receive something, believe things would work out, etc.. and all I had to do was to exercise faith. But now I see that as a form of false worship. This type of “false faith” was based on how I thought I should receive something “only if I believed.” I think this addresses faith as a “mindset.”

I now know this type of “false faith” is a sin. It has no basis in True Faith. Because True Faith is based on the teaching of the gospel, and the blessings we receive as Children of God is only provided in the gospel, not from the teaching of the world.

For example, there are those who talk about the law of faith, and all we have to do is learn this law of faith, and learn to believe according to that teaching. There are a lot of Youtube videos about this. But this is being done without Christ. This is not Faith. It’s witchcraft. I’m guilty because I did not know I was doing it. I was trying to make myself believe something, but it simply proved to be stupid, and frustration.

Now I know that True Faith is a gift from God. It is given. My understanding of God, Jesus, and Holy Spirit, is Given by God Himself. I read the gospel, pray for revelation ad realization, and through God’s GRACE my prayer is answered.

I can do nothing of myself. If I was crucified with Christ, and must put off the old man, how to I walk in the New Man? I used to think, Oh, I must put this old man off, how to I do this, why am I having such a problem, and then became frustrated because I truly wanted to put on the new man. But what I was doing was trying to resurrect a dead person. I have died. Only God can provide me with the strength to put the old man off, and by His Spirit, walk in the new man.

Here is a metaphor: Being crucified with Christ, how can I being dead, bring about this New Man. A dead man can’t talk, walk, think, etc. He’s dead. Only by another Power can he live. Only Jesus can raise that dead man by His Spirit.

Therefore, I am to believe the gospel, allow the seed of God’s word to be planted in me to produce fruit in me. (“I will put my laws in their hearts and mind”). The results: I am to be transformed: walk in the light of Christ, live Christ, be changed by Christ, follow the Holy Spirit, as the seed of the word is planted, then the manifestation of the fruit of the Spirit can be seen in my life, the Spirit of Christ. Galatians 4:19, “..My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you…”

I believe Christ died for my sins and that I have been grafted into His death, and the law has been nailed to the cross so that I’m not required to keep it.

I believe my sins are forgiven, that I have been crucified with Christ, and that I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.

I understand Sidon's message to be saying, when I learn to let go of believing in self effort, which is false faith, then I can believe in True Faith, which is Christ's Faith, which then His Power is manifested in my life. Not my power being dead, but His Power. I must let go, be humble, meek, and pray for understanding. This is truly a heart issue because as I write this, I know there are areas in my life that needs to be put out of the way, and I must allow God to do this to grow up in Christ. This is not easy.

Minister Monardo said, “Real faith is tested and proved genuine:”

I can either become very angry due to the challenges, because all Christians are put through the fire, or I can pray for help. Only God can help me. No man. I’m grateful that no man can help me although it’s hard, because I know that I have the power of God with me that cannot be thwarted. I say let them try! They will fail! But, yes it’s hard and the trials are painful!

But as Christ the Massiah said in Isaiah 50:8, “He is near that justifieth me; who will contend with me? let us stand together: who is mine adversary? let him come near to me. Behold the Lord God will help me; who is he that shall condemn me? Lo, they all shall wax old as a garment; the moth shall eat them up.”

Thanks to the experienced Christians who are working to help us newer Christians grow in Christ.

God bless you!

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can I add that we need to keep the biblical definition of faith in mind.

Faith comes from hearing the Word of Christ.

This is very important.

The Word of Christ is His living word within you.

That is where faith comes from.

If you choose to ignore or refuse it then you are in unbelief which is a sin.

So then according to your willful decision to align with His Word or not is the issue.

Belief then is simply agreement.

This is not a 'work' or a mindset.

Much of modern christianity idolises the 'Man of faith' as if the man himself was strong. But Romans 14 clearly shows that God distributed faith in measure. There is then no room for pride here. We are just servants agreeing with the measure of faith we are given.

Reactions: biblelesson
Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Real Faith is tested, and proved genuine.
Matthew 24:13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved.

The only thing that proves you have real faith, is if you are born again.
Being born again, is the only proof of genuine faith that God accepted to give you the new Birth.

Also, if you are enduring (whatever) to try to get into heaven after you die, then you are not trusting in Christ while you are living......to get you into heaven.

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can I add that we need to keep the biblical definition of faith in mind.

Faith comes from hearing the Word of Christ.

This is very important.

The Word of Christ is His living word within you.

That is where faith comes from.

If you choose to ignore or refuse it then you are in unbelief which is a sin.

So then according to your willful decision to align with His Word or not is the issue.
Belief then is simply agreement.
This is not a 'work' or a mindset.
Much of modern christianity idolises the 'Man of faith' as if the man himself was strong. But Romans 14 clearly shows that God distributed faith in measure. There is then no room for pride here. We are just servants agreeing with the measure of faith we are given.

Here is how Paul teaches faith.

Hebrews 12:2. "Jesus is the author and finisher of our Faith.

And this would be the faith of a born again person, as a unbeliever does not have any faith to be finished.

So, that verse, compliments this one....

Philippians 1:6. It says that God finishes the salvation of all the born again.

So, that is GOD's "gift of Salvation".

God finishes our salvation, and Christ finishes our faith, or "any man will boast", the verse says, who is trying to be saved or stay saved by works, commandment keeping, or law keeping.

So, works , self effort, is not a part of the CROSS.
But it is a huge part of our Discipleship, AFTER we are BORN AGAIN.., which is the actual salvation.

We are told to "work out our Salvation".
We are not told to try to keep it by being good enough, as some teach, who are Legalists.

Paul tells us that we are "made righteous", and John says that we are to KNOW we have eternal life.
Jesus says we will "never perish".

All that is JESUS, who is Salvation, Eternal life and The Resurrection.
He is IN all the Born again.
So, when we have JESUS, in us, then we are God's, for as long as God lives.

Can not being a Good Christian, stop you from being God's born again?
Only if God accepted your works to save you to begin with...= "all your works are filthy rags".
OR......Only if you can get God, Christ, and the Holy Spirit out of your born again Spirit, that is "One with God, and Christ".
That is impossible.

Saint.....Once you are born again, you are always born again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The only thing that proves you have real faith, is if you are born again.
Being born again, is the only proof of genuine faith that God accepted to give you the new Birth.
Isn't it the other way around? Doesn't real faith prove that you are born again?
For example:

1 John 4:
If someone says, I love God, and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love
his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?
21 And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God love his brother also.
1) Someone claims they have faith, but has not love. Can they be born again?
1 Peter 1:
Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love
of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart,
23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God
which lives and abides forever.
2) Someone claims that they are born again, but does not love.
Can someone claim that they are born again, and not love the brethren?
Didn't Jesus say you will know them by their fruit?
Your focus seems to be in not trying to earn salvation, which you cannot,
but
the apostolic doctrines that are being discussed in
Equipping the saints> spiritual growth and development
are about living the life of a saint.

Also, if you are enduring (whatever) to try to get into heaven after you die, then you are not trusting in Christ while you are living......to get you into heaven.
Trusting in Christ to endure the trials of faith is how we bear the fruit of the Spirit.
If the Spirit is developing godly patience in you by trying your patience, you will be pushed
to beg for the Lord's help, it you are trying at first to get through on your own strength.
You are not trying to work your way into heaven, you are striving to live the
victorious life
in Christ.
Romans 8:
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall *tribulation, or distress, or persecution,
or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?*
36 As it is written:
For Your sake we are killed all day long;
We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Yet *in all these things* we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
No thanks. This is a discussion forum. If you cannot respond directly to what I posted, and
the many scriptures that are included that support the topic, than the discussion ends.
This is not, post a link forum. And the single sentence that you responded to is not my post.
I find the very action devious and elusive, as if the words of the New Testament are an
offense to you, since you do not want to address them in the discussion.
Is that really what I posted? No. See you around.
The scriptures I quoted can speak for
themselves.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Christ said...."apart from me you can do nothing"..

John 15:1-5 I am the true vine, and My Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in Me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every [branch] that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. 3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in Me. 5 I am the vine, ye [are] the branches: He that abideth in Me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without Me ye can do nothing.

meno; to stay (in a given place, state, relation or expectancy):--abide, continue, dwell, endure, be present, remain, stand, tarry (for), X thine own.

John 8:31-32 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on Him, If ye continue in My word, [then] are ye My disciples indeed; (John 8:40)

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in

John 8:31-32 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on Him, If ye continue in My word, [then] are ye My disciples indeed; (John 8:40)

Notice carefully that the "abiding" has a context...its Jesus saying...."as i abide in you".
See that?
That is "Christ IN YOU, the hope of Glory.
So, who is that? That is the BORN AGAIN.
That is how you abide in Christ, and He in YOU.

Also, its not a "disciple" that Goes to heaven, as you can follow Christ and end up in hell.
Thousands did today, and thousands more will tomrorrow.

Jesus said..>"you must be a disciple"...
NO HE DIDNT.
He said..."you MUST be born again".

He's not kidding you.
He means what He said.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Notice carefully that the "abiding" has a context...its Jesus saying...."as i abide in you".
See that?
That is "Christ IN YOU, the hope of Glory.
So, who is that? That is the BORN AGAIN.
That is how you abide in Christ, and He in YOU.

Also, its not a "disciple" that Goes to heaven, as you can follow Christ and end up in hell.
Thousands did today, and thousands more will tomrorrow.

Jesus said..>"you must be a disciple"...
NO HE DIDNT.
He said..."you MUST be born again".

He's not kidding you.
He means what He said.

Only if you continue in His word John 8:31, not if you don't John 8:37. The same thing is true of being born again... if you don't keep Jesus' Commandments, Jesus won't pray the Father to give you the Holy Spirit, John 14:15-17. Kingdom Law has its own rules... abide in them and you abide in Him.

Kinda seems like you don't want to continue with Jesus... because you see no value in being Jesus' disciple... pretty odd, that.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Only if you continue in His word John 8:31, not if you don't John 8:37. The same thing is true of being born again... if you don't keep Jesus' Commandments, Jesus won't pray the Father to give you the Holy Spirit, John 14:15-17. Kingdom Law has its own rules... abide in them and you abide in Him.

Kinda seems like you don't want to continue with Jesus... because you see no value in being Jesus' disciple... pretty odd, that.

I don't see him saying that at all...

I hear him saying that the critical matter in salvation is being born again and this is not reversible.

Being a disciple without being born again is common - even Pastors have realised they have not been born again.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
I don't see him saying that at all...

I hear him saying that the critical matter in salvation is being born again and this is not reversible.

Being a disciple without being born again is common - even Pastors have realised they have not been born again.

David Repented

Psalms 51:1 Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy great mercy; and according to the multitude of thy compassions blot out my transgression. 2 Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. 3 For I am conscious of mine iniquity; and my sin is continually before me. 4 Against thee only have I sinned, and done evil before thee: that thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged. 5 For, behold, I was conceived in iniquities, and in sins did my mother conceive me.

6 For, behold, thou lovest truth: thou hast manifested to me the secret and hidden things of thy wisdom. 7 Thou shalt sprinkle me with hyssop, and I shall be purified: thou shalt wash me, and I shall be made whiter than snow. 8 Thou shalt cause me to hear gladness and joy: the afflicted bones shall rejoice. 9 Turn away thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities. 10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit in my inward parts. 11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and remove not Thy Holy Spirit from me. 12 Restore to me the joy of thy Salvation: Establish me with Thy Directing Spirit. 13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and ungodly men shall turn to thee. 14 Deliver me from blood-guiltiness, O God, the God of my salvation: and my tongue shall joyfully declare thy righteousness. 15 O Lord, thou shalt open my lips; and my mouth shall declare thy praise. 16 For if thou desiredst sacrifice, I would have given it: thou wilt not take pleasure in whole-burnt-offerings. 17 Sacrifice to God is a broken spirit: a broken and humbled heart God will not despise.

If David hadn't repented, Jesus would never have come from the tribe of Judah.

• Informative
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0