Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Only if you continue in His word John 8:31, not if you don't John

Not quite, but similar.

Jesus said, "apart from me you can do nothing".
Thats a Spiritual Principal.
The carnal mind would read that as..>"if im trying to do the works of Jesus then, im being like Him".

But that is the carnal mind trying to apply self effort to a Spiritual Principal, which is Legalsim.

See, to be "in Christ' is to be a part of Him, and that is how you Abide "in" Jesus.
Many are trying to work to be like Him, vs, walking IN the Spirit which is to believe Like Him , as being born again into God's Spirit.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Only if you continue in His word John 8:31, not if you don't John 8:37. The same thing is true of being born again... if you don't keep Jesus' Commandments, Jesus won't pray the Father to give you the Holy Spirit, John 14:15-17. Kingdom Law has its own rules... abide in them and you abide in Him.

Kinda seems like you don't want to continue with Jesus... because you see no value in being Jesus' disciple... pretty odd, that.

Not quite, but similar.

Jesus said, "apart from me you can do nothing".
Thats a Spiritual Principal.
The carnal mind would read that as..>"if im trying to do the works of Jesus then, im being like Him".

But that is the carnal mind trying to apply self effort to a Spiritual Principal, which is Legalsim.

See, to be "in Christ' is to be a part of Him, and that is how you Abide "in" Jesus.
Many are trying to work to be like Him, vs, walking IN the Spirit which is to believe Like Him , as being born again into God's Spirit.

Matthew 16:24 Then said Jesus unto His Disciples, If any [man] will come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 16:24 Then said Jesus unto His Disciples, If any [man] will come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.

And you can do that and end up in hell.
Why ?
Because there is the context you left out that is actually all that matters.
What is that?

Jesus said, "you must be born again".

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private

Matthew 16:24-26, Matthew 16:27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of His Father with His angels; and then He shall reward every man according to his works.

Are you sure that the actual context helps your theory at all?

Context: The part of a text or statement that surrounds a particular word or passage and determines its meaning. ... The circumstances in which an event occurs.

I asked if English is your mother tongue.

And you can do that and end up in hell.
Why ?
Because there is the context you left out that is actually all that matters.
What is that?

Jesus said, "you must be born again".

Born From Above, The Process

In John 14:15-17, the process is this:
(1) keep Jesus' commandments, then
(2) Jesus will pray the Father, then
(3) The Father will give you the Holy Spirit.

John 14:24 He that loveth Me not keepeth not My words: and the word which ye hear is not Mine, but the Father's which sent Me.

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In John 14:15-17, the process is this:
(1) keep Jesus' commandments,

commandment keeping vs being born again is why a person goes to hell.

And teaching commandment keeping, as Salvation, is curse of God theology, as is the person.
Galatians 1:8

Dark Lights, who dont know the Truth, never teach the Cross or talk about the Blood of Jesus, as the truth is not in them so how can they..

Upvote 0