Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I usually am skeptical of stuff regarding signs in the heavens but this stuff on Sept 23 of 2017 is IMO really hard to cast aside.

What kind of sealed it for me is when Jupiter "enter the womb" of the constellation Virgo (the virgin) on Dec 23, 2016 which just so happens to coincide with the abominable action taken by the UN in passing resolution 2334 in which the USA failed to use its veto powers. Dec 23 is exactly, TO THE DAY 9 months from Sept 23rd, 2017

I found this a very interesting read:

What Is The Revelation 12 Sign In 2017 Telling Us?

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I usually am skeptical of stuff regarding signs in the heavens but this stuff on Sept 23 of 2017 is IMO really hard to cast aside.

What kind of sealed it for me is when Jupiter "enter the womb" of the constellation Virgo (the virgin) on Dec 23, 2016 which just so happens to coincide with the abominable action taken by the UN in passing resolution 2334 in which the USA failed to use its veto powers. Dec 23 is exactly, TO THE DAY 9 months from Sept 23rd, 2017

I found this a very interesting read:

What Is The Revelation 12 Sign In 2017 Telling Us?

It is weird. Especially Dec 23 to Sept 23. These are the same dates as a certain course from Dec 23, 2012 to Sept 23, 2015. Fascinating.

Upvote 0

Archie the Preacher

Apostle to the Intellectual Skeptics
Apr 11, 2003
Hastings, Nebraska - the Heartland!
Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I am ready for the Lord to return, either to end time, or to pick me up personally. (One way or the other, I expect to go in less than thirty-five years. No better idea of when.)

If I saw a 'sign', what would I do? Sell all my stuff? Pointless to enter Eternity and leave a pile of money behind. Give all my stuff to someone else? They won't use it long, so what?

Be ready to go at all times and stop obsessing over when.

Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I am ready for the Lord to return, either to end time, or to pick me up personally. (One way or the other, I expect to go in less than thirty-five years. No better idea of when.)

If I saw a 'sign', what would I do? Sell all my stuff? Pointless to enter Eternity and leave a pile of money behind. Give all my stuff to someone else? They won't use it long, so what?

Be ready to go at all times and stop obsessing over when.
Not really the point I was trying to make..... :) I dont think you do anything drastic other than make sure your house is in order (walk)

Upvote 0

Archie the Preacher

Apr 11, 2003
Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Not really the point I was trying to make..... :) I dont think you do anything drastic other than make sure your house is in order (walk)
I was responding more to the idea of 'expecting the return' and being all worked up over that particular prophecy and nothing else.

You're right, keeping one's house - to include one's self - in order is about all one can do.

And I must differ with you - politely, I hope - about the Astrological event of Jupiter 'entering' Virgo and the "...abominable action taken by the UN..." Jupiter has - from the perspective of the Earth - moved past the stars comprising the human perceived and 'constructed' constellation of Virgo numerous times in the past. The constellations of the Zodiac have NO meaning at all other than to those who 'believe' in astrology. That belief has no actual connection to Christianity.

The United Nations passes 'abominable' resolutions on a regular basis. They don't mean much either and very little to God.

God will return, no doubt. He said He would and He is reliable. He also made clear no one knows when He is coming.

Possibly, one could argue when He said that, it was correct at the time of utterance and could possibly be discerned or revealed at some later time. However, in the time since that statement - nearly 2,000 years - many predictions have been made with no verifiable correct answers.

Paul in 1st Thessalonians 5 describes the return of the Lord as similar to the manner of "...a thief in the night". If one discounts Paul's inspiration and authenticity as speaking for the Lord; 2nd Peter 2 says roughly the same thing. One discounting both Peter and Paul is on shaky ground.

The Lord sending a coded message in the form of an astrological connection is rather difficult to accept as an act of God; and it violates the concept of the non-advertised 'surprise' of the Lord's return as mentioned in both Paul and Peter' accounts.

Consequently, I think this particular conclusion you cite will be any more accurate or authentic than any of the others.

So please, don't get too worked up over it.

Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I was responding more to the idea of 'expecting the return' and being all worked up over that particular prophecy and nothing else.

You're right, keeping one's house - to include one's self - in order is about all one can do.

And I must differ with you - politely, I hope - about the Astrological event of Jupiter 'entering' Virgo and the "...abominable action taken by the UN..." Jupiter has - from the perspective of the Earth - moved past the stars comprising the human perceived and 'constructed' constellation of Virgo numerous times in the past. The constellations of the Zodiac have NO meaning at all other than to those who 'believe' in astrology. That belief has no actual connection to Christianity.

The United Nations passes 'abominable' resolutions on a regular basis. They don't mean much either and very little to God.

God will return, no doubt. He said He would and He is reliable. He also made clear no one knows when He is coming.

Possibly, one could argue when He said that, it was correct at the time of utterance and could possibly be discerned or revealed at some later time. However, in the time since that statement - nearly 2,000 years - many predictions have been made with no verifiable correct answers.

Paul in 1st Thessalonians 5 describes the return of the Lord as similar to the manner of "...a thief in the night". If one discounts Paul's inspiration and authenticity as speaking for the Lord; 2nd Peter 2 says roughly the same thing. One discounting both Peter and Paul is on shaky ground.

The Lord sending a coded message in the form of an astrological connection is rather difficult to accept as an act of God; and it violates the concept of the non-advertised 'surprise' of the Lord's return as mentioned in both Paul and Peter' accounts.

Consequently, I think this particular conclusion you cite will be any more accurate or authentic than any of the others.

So please, don't get too worked up over it.
You are viewing this from the wrong perspective I believe. Astrology and the Zodiac fortune telling garbage is sin....

That said Scripture does say this: Then God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years; Gen 1:14

So clearly it CAN be and IS prudent to be aware that constellations ARE there as signs.

You err greatly when you assume I am making any declaration other than, there are some rather UNIQUE things about this occurrence that DO seem to line up with aspects of Revelation 12

FACT: According to astronomic calculation tools, this occurrence on September 23 has NOT occurred since Adam and Eve walked the earth roughly 6000 years ago. That occurrence on its own does not mean anything other than its an exceptionally rare occurrence. HOWEVER when you look at it in the perspective of Rev 12 it DOES become of interest and SHOULD be examined.

Rev 12:1 A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars; 2 and she was with child; and she cried out, being in labor and in pain to give birth.

#1 The Stars are in the heavens The constellation Virgo is a woman. On Dec 23rd the Moon will be at the feet of the Virgo Constellation. and the constellation of Leo along with 3 other starts WILL be at the head of Virgo. Jupiter WILL enter the "womb" of the constellation where it will stay in a retrograde orbit for 9 MONTHS where it will leave that constellation between the legs of Virgo (GIVING BIRTH)

It is also interesting that on the EXACT first day of Jupiter entering the constellation Virgo that the UN passed an abomination of a resolution AGAINST ISRAEL.

It may mean something or it may be just mere coincidence.... however, those who say it DOES mean something have a rather compelling argument.

As for your assertion that "is difficult to accept that G-d sends a coded message....." There is NO CODED message.... there is an alignment of stars in certain constellations that could be viewed as to line up with Revelation 12. The Father has PLAINLY told us that part of the purpose of the stars that they are to be FOR SIGNS!

Sorry you don't want accept what G-d has to say on the matter.

The entire thief in the night you are citing is taken completely out of context what Paul is talking about. Paul is warning BELIEVERS who are unprepared and are NOT looking at the signs.... to THOSE he will come like a thief in the night... you should have cited the REST of what Paul says: But you, brethren, are not in darkness, that the day would overtake you like a thief; 5 for you are all sons of light and sons of day. We are not of night nor of darkness; 6 so then let us not sleep as others do, but let us be alert and sober.

I am not, have not said nor will I say that Sept 23 is the rapture though you try to imply I am saying thus. IF (and I do NOT know that to be true) it IS a fulfillment of Rev 12 then it marks the BEGINNING of something

Upvote 0

Archie the Preacher

Apr 11, 2003
Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
You are viewing this from the wrong perspective I believe. Astrology and the Zodiac fortune telling garbage is sin....
Okay, we agree on that.

BukiRob said:
That said Scripture does say this: Then God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years; Gen 1:14
Genesis 1:14 God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them be signs 36 to indicate seasons and days and years..."
Footnote 36
tn The text has “for signs and for seasons and for days and years.” It seems likely from the meanings of the words involved that “signs” is the main idea, followed by two categories, “seasons” and “days and years.” This is the simplest explanation, and one that matches vv. 11-13. It could even be rendered “signs for the fixed seasons, that is [explicative vav (ו)] days and years.”
sn Let them be for signs. The point is that the sun and the moon were important to fix the days for the seasonal celebrations for the worshiping community.

BukiRob said:
So clearly it CAN be and IS prudent to be aware that constellations ARE there as signs.
Within limits.

The beginning of Summer in the Northern Hemisphere is marked, recognized, defined as the precise moment the apparent movement of the Sun in relation to the Earth is at the mid-point of travel. (Summer equinox, it's called.) (Look up 'solstice and equinox' for detailed information.)
Some Jewish holidays and rituals were (still are) marked by 'New Moons' and such. The constellations are not. As you mentioned, "Astrology and the Zodiac fortune telling garbage is sin..." Keep that in mind.
Bob, if you want to think I don't believe the word of God because I reject this pagan nonsense you post, go ahead.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
#1 The Stars are in the heavens The constellation Virgo is a woman. On Dec 23rd the Moon will be at the feet of the Virgo Constellation. and the constellation of Leo along with 3 other starts WILL be at the head of Virgo. Jupiter WILL enter the "womb" of the constellation where it will stay in a retrograde orbit for 9 MONTHS where it will leave that constellation between the legs of Virgo (GIVING BIRTH)

Revelation 12:1-5 concerns the resurrection of believers at the sound of the 7th trumpet. It is definitely a birth. However, if the birth takes place on Sept 23, 2017, then from now until then, all seven seals and all seven trumpets must be fulfilled. I don't see how that is possible. The 5th trumpet alone takes five months.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
23 Sept 2017, Rosh Hashanah, a time for two witnesses.
If you are implying the two witnesses of Rev 11 come on the scene and begin to prophesy, then you still have almost the same problem I mentioned above (all seven seal and the first six trumpets must be fulfilled by September 23, 2017).

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
If you are implying the two witnesses of Rev 11 come on the scene and begin to prophesy, then you still have almost the same problem I mentioned above (all seven seal and the first six trumpets must be fulfilled by September 23, 2017).
Not necessarily... since Rev 10 indicates the witnesses enlightenment.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Scrolls within scrolls individually sealed, are opened one by one. With the last one opened, the reading can begin, the prophecy can unfold.
That didn't help. What are you saying happens on 9/23/17? The two witnesses prophesy? If so, when are the 7 seals and first six trumpets ending? By 9/23/17?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
That didn't help. What are you saying happens on 9/23/17? The two witnesses prophesy? If so, when are the 7 seals and first six trumpets ending? By 9/23/17?
What I am saying is that Revelation is not linear.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What I am saying is that Revelation is not linear.
And??? Trying to get info out of you is like pulling teeth. How does your non-linear view of Revelation relate to 9/23/17.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
And??? Trying to get info out of you is like pulling teeth. How does your non-linear view of Revelation relate to 9/23/17.
Until Rev 10, the book is not read, understood, or witnessed to the world. There are only two witnesses who have been taken up in vision to read the scroll of Rev 10 and when they come back Rev 11 starts. God doesn't do any of it until He announces it. Like Moses before Pharoah, before it happens, you need to know that God said it will come to pass and that it was by His command, the winds are let loose, the river dries up, etc. The scrolls have been peeling open and now we are in the final peel where all will be revealed, and fulfilled. Look closer at what the witnesses say and do.

John 14:29
“And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.”

Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Okay, we agree on that.

Genesis 1:14 God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them be signs 36 to indicate seasons and days and years..."

Within limits.

The beginning of Summer in the Northern Hemisphere is marked, recognized, defined as the precise moment the apparent movement of the Sun in relation to the Earth is at the mid-point of travel. (Summer equinox, it's called.) (Look up 'solstice and equinox' for detailed information.)
Some Jewish holidays and rituals were (still are) marked by 'New Moons' and such. The constellations are not. As you mentioned, "Astrology and the Zodiac fortune telling garbage is sin..." Keep that in mind.
Bob, if you want to think I don't believe the word of God because I reject this pagan nonsense you post, go ahead.

First off, my name is not Bob.

I reject, UTTERLY reject that footnote explanation regarding signs being associated ONLY with seasons and years. We have IRONCLAD, UNQUESTIONED EVIDENCE that the Stars DO indeed point to early events of major significance.... the magi from the east were NOT following seasons or years when they traveled from the east to find the Messiah. They were following what appeared here 2 years ago in September, properly called the star of Bethlehem which appears ~every 2000 years. It appeared in Sept 2015 and is visiable for ~2 years. Just like it appeared at around the birth of messiah and caused the magi from the east to travel to Bethlehem. Harod killed every male boy 2 years and younger to try and kill Messiah. ~2000 years before that, Adonai was making his covenant with Abraham (though no star is spoken of in scripture)

Oh, btw, the Star of Bethlehem is not a star it the conjunction of Jupiter and Venus..... the same two stars that will move into their respective orbits to align in such a way on Sept 23, 2017 that could along with the other stars be viewed as a fulfillment of Rev 12 or it could be viewed as a sign that Rev 12 is about to be fulfilled OR it could mean nothing more than its the first time in over 6,000 years that this alignment of stars has occurred.

I would humbly suggest you become educated on the difference between a constellation and astrology because the two have relatively NOTHING in common other than astrology is the perversion. The enemy ALWAYS perverts the truth and distorts it.... Star constellations are NOT astrology which is the perversion of them.

You keep trying to force signs to mean seasons and years and scripture MAKES CLEAR that it means more than that..... BTW the Feast days are always marked by the lunar cycle always, not sometimes.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Until Rev 10, the book is not read, understood, or witnessed to the world. There are only two witnesses who have been taken up in vision to read the scroll of Rev 10 and when they come back Rev 11 starts. God doesn't do any of it until He announces it. Like Moses before Pharoah, before it happens, you need to know that God said it will come to pass and that it was by His command, the winds are let loose, the river dries up, etc. The scrolls have been peeling open and now we are in the final peel where all will be revealed, and fulfilled. Look closer at what the witnesses say and do.

John 14:29
“And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.”
The book of Rev 10 is not the same book as in Rev 5. Yeshua opened the first seal of the Rev 5 book in Rev 6:1. Each seal must occur in consecutive number order. Each trumpet will do the same. It isn't until after the 6th trumpet that the book of Rev 10 is read.

You didn't tell me how your view relates to 9/23/17.

Upvote 0