Sending Letters Home

llc

Aug 23, 2006
✟15,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do any of you have a letter that you send home with the children to tell parents about what their child has learned in class?

Also, what about those who have missed a class due to illness or sporatic attendance?

I've been trying to increase my service in the children's ministry by sending out "what we did" or "we miss you" letters, but I'm not really the creative type.

Any ideas would be most appreciated!

Thanks!
llc

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
That's a nice idea. It would help reinforce lessons for the kids, too.
What if you made up the sheets ahead of time, and asked kids to fill in blanks or color a picture about what they did? That would help start home discussions between kids and parents.

It also could help reinforce your own memory of what you're covering for the day.

We-miss-you letters would make the kids feel so cared for. You could even have the class sign them each week, to help them in learning to care for each other.

You could use one of the images from class (erm... copyright... ) for the front of the card, or mail the craft project.

There's also email now... but then it's more about the parents than the kids.

Upvote 0

Rhylla

Apr 12, 2006
✟7,905.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
what an excellent idea!

ima have to start doing that! we wrote letters of encouragement to adults once, and secretly posted them after church. I've never seen such a good response!
We miss you letters are a cracking idea! golly, i can just think of a kid i wanna send one to right now!

i usually do something to take home, a word search, a picture etc, but a more organised actiivity/letter would be cool too.

-Rhylla-

Upvote 0

GlassSunrise

Jan 16, 2009
✟15,140.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I recently made up post cards on my computer like this:

S_nday School

What's Missing?

(picture of kids with question marks)

"U"!

And on the back I wrote what we'd been doing and what was coming up and told the kids "don't miss it!" So we'll see what kind of response I get. I wish I could give those cards to every Sunday School teacher. I have used similar things in the past and it got the kids back in Sunday School.

Upvote 0

pentecostalgirl0414

Soon to be mommy of 2!!
Jan 28, 2005
Wahiawa, HI
✟21,780.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I help out with the Children's church program at my church. When a child misses children's church a post card is mailed out to their home letting the child know that the class missed them and that they are being prayed for.
We haven't started sending out "what we did" letters yet but are in the process of doing so.
We were thinking of doing a monthly or quaterly news letter to be sent home with the child covering what was done in children's church that month or quarter. Included in the newsletter we would be including pictures and poems or drawings done by the kids.We also sit the newsletters out for members of the church to take and see what the kids are doing. We are sending out letters to the parents asking them if their child has any specific food allergies or medical conditions that the staff needs to know about. I am not sure if anyone else has done this. I know it is a little off the subject.
Blessings,
PG0414

Upvote 0