Senators Cassidy and Cruz Introduce Resolution Declaring Antifa a Domestic Terrorist Organization

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
One truly wonders what goes through her mind ...

hqdefault.jpg

Why do you think the creator of this meme wants you to believe she wants to change this country into her own?

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Why are you told to believe she wants to change this country into her own?
Did you not notice that I simply wondered at what goes through her mind?

Does she follow a logical thought process? Does she know the likely outcome of her actions? Do you know what her goals are?

More to the point of the OP ... do you know what Antifa's goals are?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
More to the point of the OP ... do you know what Antifa's goals are?
Antifa is a loose network of individuals and groups who assemble on an ad hoc basis to confront right-wing extremists and white supremacist public demonstrations. Political goals of the individuals involved are variously anarchist to conventional left-wing.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Antifa is a loose network of individuals and groups who assemble on an ad hoc basis to confront right-wing extremists and white supremacist public demonstrations. Political goals of the individuals involved are variously anarchist to conventional left-wing.
Would you call it a domestic terrorist organization ... given that what they apparently mean by "confrontation" is violence and destruction?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Would you call it a domestic terrorist organization ... given that what they apparently mean by "confrontation" is violence and destruction?
What they "apparently mean" varies from conflict to conflict. But calling it an organization is not accurate.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
You agree then with the "Domestic Terrorist" characterization?
I'm not aware of their engaging in any terrorist acts--they may have, but if so I have not heard of it. Terrorism amounts to visiting violence on noncombatants. I would characterize what they do as more like gang warfare.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Did you not notice that I simply wondered at what goes through her mind?

Except you did more than that -- you posted a meme which answered that question for you.

Does she follow a logical thought process? Does she know the likely outcome of her actions?

Didn't you?

Do you know what her goals are?

Making America great again... what else?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So you don't condone his behaviour?

Not all of it. But I support the majority of his policies and the direction they've guided the country.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

From their actions, I was under the impression that they were into burning down buildings and bullying motorists. Portland mayor stands by decision to allow antifa to block traffic, hassle motorists

Or is this just one of those many examples where a few were acting outside of the purpose of the organization that supposedly doesn't exist?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm not aware of their engaging in any terrorist acts--they may have, but if so I have not heard of it. Terrorism amounts to visiting violence on noncombatants. I would characterize what they do as more like gang warfare.

Are you aware of incidents where they have attacked motorists on the street?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
From their actions, I was under the impression that they were into burning down buildings and bullying motorists. Portland mayor stands by decision to allow antifa to block traffic, hassle motorists

Or is this just one of those many examples where a few were acting outside of the purpose of the organization that supposedly doesn't exist?
If you want to believe that these bully boys were hounding motorists in lock-step obedience to the orders of a sinister conspiracy go right ahead. It will be more fun for you that way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you want to believe that these bully boys were hounding motorists in lock-step obedience to the orders of a sinister conspiracy go right ahead. It will be more fun for you that way.

I see. Then they're just a bunch of opportunists who want to have a good time doing hateful and destructive things while remaining anonymous behind their masks. Sounds like a bunch of criminals to me.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I see. Then they're just a bunch of opportunists who want to have a good time doing hateful and destructive things while remaining anonymous behind their masks. Sounds like a bunch of criminals to me.
That's pretty much it, for some of them.

Upvote 0