Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"U.S. Sen. John McCain, who has battled a deadly form of brain cancer for more than a year, is ending medical treatment, his family said in a statement Friday."
"Last summer, Senator John McCain shared with Americans the news our family already knew: he had been diagnosed with an aggressive glioblastoma, and the prognosis was serious," the statement said. " In the year since, John has surpassed expectations for his survival.

"But the progress of disease and the inexorable advance of age render their verdict. With his usual strength of will, he has now chosen to discontinue medical treatment. Our family is immensely grateful for the support and kindness of all his caregivers over the last year, and for the continuing outpouring of concern and affection from John’s many friends and associates, and the many thousands of people who are keeping him in their prayers. God bless and thank you all."

https://www.azcentral.com/story/new...a-republican-end-medical-treatment/534259002/

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They must have had him on life support for a while now... my dad only lived 5 weeks with this same brain cancer; it doubles itself every day.

A horrible disease. I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my dad to prostrate cancer that progressed to bone cancer. He survived 8 months.

My heart goes out to the McCain family and other families who watch their love ones wither away fighting cancer.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
He was a good guy, and the last republican I ever voted for. I saw him as one of the few remaining voices of reason within the party. He'll be missed!

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,710.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
They must have had him on life support for a while now... my dad only lived 5 weeks with this same brain cancer; it doubles itself every day.
According to Wikipedia, survival with current treatments averages about 12-15 months. Your father propably was diagnosed at a very late date where little could be done.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
My heart goes out to the entire McCain family.

As someone who's lost his father to cancer, I know what they are going through is just as immensely burdensome and painful as what he is going through. Hopefully they find some solace in knowing what an incredible patriot and man of conviction and determination he is.

Thank you for your endless service to our country, Senator McCain.

Last edited:
Upvote 0