Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh the self congratulatory, literally jumping up and down of these tV evangelists and preachers. You know the ones who crackle with energy and keep telling everyone about their good works. Apart from shouting at anyone listening and loud flamboyant praising and praying.

I feel shame and such irritation. They are responsible surely for putting people off knowing Jesus.He said don't even let one hand know what the other is doing in the way of charity or good. Pray in private.
There must be so many truly good people who spend lifetimes quietly spreading God's word and doing such good. They don't make money for themselves out of the Gospel.
Jesus didn't. We have only to look to Jesus as our example, never to each other. He is the question, the answer and the teacher of all we shall ever need.

Reactions: dqhall

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh the self congratulatory, literally jumping up and down of these tV evangelists and preachers. You know the ones who crackle with energy and keep telling everyone about their good works. Apart from shouting at anyone listening and loud flamboyant praising and praying.

I feel shame and such irritation. They are responsible surely for putting people off knowing Jesus.He said don't even let one hand know what the other is doing in the way of charity or good. Pray in private.
There must be so many truly good people who spend lifetimes quietly spreading God's word and doing such good. They don't make money for themselves out of the Gospel.
Jesus didn't. We have only to look to Jesus as our example, never to each other. He is the question, the answer and the teacher of all we shall ever need.
It's up to Jesus to set them straight, and up to God to convert souls. Not TV personalities.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Beloved one, I understand your concern how they put off people knowing Jesus ?

Let us consider what we have heard:

“And the Lord said, “Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren.” But he said to Him, “Lord, I am ready to go with You, both to prison and to death.” Then He said, “I tell you, Peter, the rooster shall not crow this day before you will deny three times that you know Me.””
‭‭Luke‬ ‭22:31-34‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Beloved one, let us also pray for those put off people knowing Jesus, as our Lord pray for Simon that their faith should not fail; and when they have returned to the Lord , strengthen their brethren.

Let us remember there are those like Peter:
“And the Lord turned and looked at Peter. Then Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how He had said to him, “Before the rooster crows, you will deny Me three times.” So Peter went out and wept bitterly.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭22:61-62‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Let us consider those who later go out and weep bitterly.

Let us not hate that which were lost and went astray, for we heard our Lord said:

““Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven. For the Son of Man has come to save that which was lost. “What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them goes astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine and go to the mountains to seek the one that is straying?”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭18:10-12‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So that which were lost and went astray are the little ones.

Let us love one of these little ones, as our Lord have bidden us.

To God the Father be thanksgiving through Christ. Amen.

Upvote 0