Self Deliverance- check it

NathanBai

Jul 20, 2011
✟7,717.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

This is a basic step by step outline of how to go about a self deliverance. This is Self deliverance is very helpful in many situations where a deliverance minister isn't available to minister to you, and you can be set free from many bondages simply by running yourself through a self deliverance. However, it can be limited if compared to a regular deliverance session.
Precaution: If you have RECENTLY BEEN SAVED OR come out of heavy or active involvement in addiction , promiscuity , the occult or Satanism, you would be better off seeing somebody else to minister deliverance to you (an experienced deliverance minister), because the demons encountered in those situations are usually much stronger, and are best off handled by somebody else.
You need to understand who you are in Christ. This sounds simple, and is often overlooked, but is VITAL to your deliverance. If you don't really believe you are who you are, then you won't have the faith to stand on who you are and claim what is rightfully yours. If you don't really know that you’re a child of King, you won't feel like a prince, and you won't act like a prince. And how are you supposed to defeat the enemy when you don't think like a child of God should think? If you struggle with this, you need to tear down one or more strongholds.
You need to know that your sins are forgiven. If you have guilt hanging over your head, then it will greatly hinder your ability to stand up to the enemy with a clear conscience and stand up for what is rightfully yours. Guilt is a door opener and keeper, and the enemy often uses it as a base to launch all sorts of attacks against God's children. You need to understand the nature of God, and how freely Jesus wants to forgive you of ALL your sins. Luke 7:47 is one of my favourite verses the Lord showed me one time when I needed to learn this principal. It tells of how freely Jesus forgave a very sinful woman from all her sins without hesitation! Another good story on the forgiveness of our sins when we turn to God in repentance is found in Luke 15. If you struggle with obsessive guilt even after repenting of your sins and turning from them, then you need to tear down one or more strongholds.
You need to have a correct perception of God and your relationship with Him. If you see God incorrectly, you’re going to be an easy target for the enemy. If you see God as a cruel taskmaster, you'll act like He's a cruel task master, and you will put up walls that will block you from feeling God's love. Furthermore, the enemy moves in with the power of suggestion (little things he whispers into your thought-life), and can terrorize the daylights out of you. If you think of anybody (husband, wife, boss, etc.) as a cruel mean taskmaster, it puts up a wall and you see that person differently, don't you? Even though you could be completely wrong in your perception of them, to you, they are a taskmaster in your eyes, and therefore you shut them out of your heart. This is what we do to God when we see Him as a cruel and distant taskmaster. We cut ourselves off from experiencing and feeling His love. If you don't feel God loves you, then you need to back up and take a moment to review how you are perceiving Him. Many people struggle with this, and it is a stronghold that needs to be torn down.
You need to know the authority you have been given by God over the enemy. You, as a believer, have been given authority over all powers of the enemy, and have been given the authority to bind and loose in the spiritual realm. You exercise your authority through a spoken word in faith, just as Jesus cast demons out with His word, you can also cast demons out with your word, which is backed by the authority that Jesus gave us as believers. You have the authority whether your feel like it not, as long as you are a believer. It is important to know that that your authority is accessed through faith, and therefore the more you believe in your authority, the more of it you will be able to exercise. Mark 16:17 tells us that them who believe will be casting out demons in His name! There's a great teaching just on your Spiritual Authority that you may want to check out.

Apr 16, 2011
USA
✟6,678.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks brother. Something else that's helpful to me is prayer. It seems obvious but sometimes we get confused and forget to pray. We shouldn't only pray when we get into trouble, instead we should pray everyday for the spiritual things we lack, just a simple prayer, telling God our problems and admitting our failures and asking Him to help us.

We should always pray for what God tells us we need spiritually and thank Him in Jesus name, hope for it, pray for it and be patient.

Upvote 0

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Like the topic Nathan, and am led to contribute a somewhat simplified take on it.

Basically, the devil/demons gain power/access through some form of deceit/lying.

No lie is eternal. Lies are temporarily twisted/diminished/exaggerated truths.

If/when one is able to hear/understand + see/perceive what the truth was/is before it was perverted, one is then freed from the bondage of that lie/deceit, by the virtue of the specifically correlating piece/part of God's Everlasting Truth. (Provided we then love/cleave to the truth more than we hold/fall back to the lie.)

Such liberating hearing/understanding can be stimulated/triggered by a preacher, or reading The Bible, or The Lord/His Spirit may speak to us directly...In whichever manner The Holy Spirit's power/influence must need be directed/employed, for He is The Spirit of Grace and Truth.

As he spake these words, many believed on him.
Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever commits sin is the servant of sin.
And the servant abides not in the house for ever: but the Son abides ever.
If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
<-----> John 8:30-36

I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come.
He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall show it unto you.
All things that the Father has are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall show it unto you.
<-----> John 16:12-15

For example you mentioned the devilish misconception that,"God is cruel", as something we could need deliverance from...The truth is God is kind.
But He will indeed render upon those who unrepentantly practice cruelty "their own works, upon their own heads". And this is important to note, for if the devil sees we no longer "buy the lie", that "God is cruel", he likely will try to swing that momentum unto the other extreme, (which is also a lie), namely, that The Lord God is incapable of bringing indignation and wrath, even cruel punishments, in a just manner, to deliver those who are wrongly afflicted and oppressed by wicked aggressors, and to execute the vengeance only He is fit to righteously measure out.

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
For I was an hungry, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungry, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
<-----> Matthew 25:41-46

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. <-----> Revelation 20:10

Our Salvation is extremely great, not only because of how supremely wondrous the gracious/merciful reward, but also because of how horrifically dreadful the alternative!!

May The Lord Be Magnified !!!

wm

Upvote 0