Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I was gonna single out Cardinal Dolan but then I realized the earlier incident was in Brooklyn which is a separate diocese and has it's own bishop. Just four months ago that disgraceful Sabrina Carpenter video was filmed in a Brooklyn Catholic church and now in Manhattan we have that repugnant funeral in the cathedral of all places. What's making it worse is they're gloating about the details of how they masked the whole thing to insure that it happened.

Am I the only one who thinks the responses in both cases have been too soft? I'd like to think the Church is "turning the other cheek" publicly but privately they're going to the mattresses, but the US Church has grown way too soft.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I was gonna single out Cardinal Dolan but then I realized the earlier incident was in Brooklyn which is a separate diocese and has it's own bishop. Just four months ago that disgraceful Sabrina Carpenter video was filmed in a Brooklyn Catholic church and now in Manhattan we have that repugnant funeral in the cathedral of all places. What's making it worse is they're gloating about the details of how they masked the whole thing to insure that it happened.
Sneaky.
Am I the only one who thinks the responses in both cases have been too soft? I'd like to think the Church is "turning the other cheek" publicly but privately they're going to the mattresses, but the US Church has grown way too soft.
They're getting played. And that's a hard thing to realize and a harder thing to prevent. Maybe they are too soft too. But they don't yet get it that it's a real warfare against them. The Church is still playing the 'Can't we all just get along' tapes when the Borg collective is saying 'RESISTANCE IS FUTILE'. No wonder we are losing in NYC and everywhere. It IS real spiritual warfare and we aren't aware that we even need to fight.

Oh, and some of us are on their side, happy to do us in so as to be smiled upon by the Borg. But the Borg don't smile upon their useful idiots. They assimilate them.

• Winner
Reactions: Gnarwhal
Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟157,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

What funeral? Can you please link me to the article?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I posted several articles here @FaithT. Time magazine showed a few photos.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
It was an indecent affair of using a Catholic cathedral for blasphemous purposes. Complete with photographers from the New York Times. But the organizers were a bit sneaky in what they had planned, knowing they wouldn't get in if they were above board and let staff know what they were going to do.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Personally I'd call it more of a "raid" dressed up as a funeral. It was planned from the start to be deceptive so they could get in the doors and then they intended to mock, blaspheme, and desecrate the Church with the entire charade.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟157,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I posted several articles here @FaithT. Time magazine showed a few photos.

Wow! I read only a small part of that article when you first posted it. That’s sick and sacrilegeous. I certainly hope the church’s didn’t know about this ahead of time.

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟157,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Personally I'd call it more of a "raid" dressed up as a funeral. It was planned from the start to be deceptive so they could get in the doors and then they intended to mock, blaspheme, and desecrate the Church with the entire charade.
i also noticed how the priest, whom I hope didn’t know the deceased was a man kept referring to him as “her”.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow! I read only a small part of that article when you first posted it. That’s sick and sacrilegeous. I certainly hope the church’s didn’t know about this ahead of time.
Check out the the link with the pics from Time. I cannot believe what I am seeing in the Church these days.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟157,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It was an indecent affair of using a Catholic cathedral for blasphemous purposes. Complete with photographers from the New York Times. But the organizers were a bit sneaky in what they had planned, knowing they wouldn't get in if they were above board and let staff know what they were going to do.
That’s the same church Maria SGrover was married in.

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟157,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Check out the the link with the pics from Time. I cannot believe what I am seeing in the Church these days.
One can only hope that the Church was unaware of what was about to happen. Although, once the priest saw what was going on, why didn’t he stop it?

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟157,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I agree with you. I think that the Church is being too soft about both incidents.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One can only hope that the Church was unaware of what was about to happen. Although, once the priest saw what was going on, why didn’t he stop it?
Well making out in the Church, with chants for sainthood for someone they call the mother of all w…..should’ve given the priest his first clue this was nothing but political theater

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟157,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well making out in the Church, with chants for sainthood for someone they call the mother of all w…..should’ve given the priest his first clue this was nothing but political theater
Yep. And he should’ve put a stop to it, but then again, maybe he was really scared to.
He should’ve called the police.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I hope that particular priest has had a talking to, and to the extent that he was a collaborator, he has already been reassigned to the Antarctic missions.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Yep. And he should’ve put a stop to it, but then again, maybe he was really scared to.
He should’ve called the police.
Had the police come, and had the police arrested any of these people it would have been a more memorable riot than the infamous Stonewall Riot. It would have consumed the national and international media 24 hours a day all week long. And there would have been other riots in places like San Francisco and Minneapolis.

The time to prevent this would have been before it started. But then the organizers lied about what was going to happen. We're so naive.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
i also noticed how the priest, whom I hope didn’t know the deceased was a man kept referring to him as “her”.
The statement the cathedral put out claims they didn't know a thing about it beforehand, and the friends and family of the deceased said they deliberately deceived the cathedral staff so the funeral could happen.

I'm inclined to believe them, but I'm still left disturbed and perhaps a bit frustrated that there's been two incidents relatively close together now where sacrilegious things have happened in NY churches either completely without the staff's knowledge or with the staff fooled into allowing it. To me it reflects a lax attitude about administrating a parish, and I think it gets my goat because I could see this sort of thing in the smaller parishes around Long Island where I lived for a little while. More than that I picked up on a lackadaisical attitude among all Catholics, clergy and laymen, in NY and it just left me feel that such a "saturated" Catholic place has grown complacent and taken the faith for granted. Perhaps this is a wake up call of sorts.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Cardinal Dolan needs to do a very public cleansing and reconsecrating of the cathedral IMO. It sends an appropriate message to the trans community and the perps in particular, and would go a long way to signal to Catholics that he as the ordinary of the NYC Archdiocese is taking this deadly serious; that the resonance of that filth won't be felt there anymore. Just like the church in Brooklyn should have been, and hopefully was, and just like the church in New Orleans where the priest had sex on the altar was.

Upvote 0