the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,259.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm not sure if this is of any help.

I also felt miserable being single up to my mid twenties and quite desperate looking for my "soulmate". But now in mid thirties, still single, after going through a lot of things, I now realize that meeting your life-long partner in life isn't really that big deal.

I've hit rock bottom, gave up my apartment, moved back to my parent's house, sold my car, unemployed for a long time. At some point, I got a job elsewhere but the living conditions is like prison, literally! I had to endure sleep deprivation and malnutrition due to that.

Now, I'm slowly getting back on my feet, but I realize, there are much worse things than being single.

Now, I'm just happy being alive without fear of getting abused or face sleep deprivation or malnutrition anymore! Little things I used to take for granted, now I give thanks! So in all honesty, I feel more content and happy now than before my I hit rock bottom. :)

Upvote 0

Kyle William

Sep 6, 2017
Idaho
✟16,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm not sure if this is of any help.

I also felt miserable being single up to my mid twenties and quite desperate looking for my "soulmate". But now in mid thirties, still single, after going through a lot of things, I now realize that meeting your life-long partner in life isn't really that big deal.

I've hit rock bottom, gave up my apartment, moved back to my parent's house, sold my car, unemployed for a long time. At some point, I got a job elsewhere but the living conditions is like prison, literally! I had to endure sleep deprivation and malnutrition due to that.

Now, I'm slowly getting back on my feet, but I realize, there are much worse things than being single.

Now, I'm just happy being alive without fear of getting abused or face sleep deprivation or malnutrition anymore! Little things I used to take for granted, now I give thanks! So in all honesty, I feel more content and happy now than before my I hit rock bottom. :)
I know but I've already had a very horrible life, including homelessness for extended periods, debts that made me work like a slave and now I'm free in my low cost tiny house log cabin. Can be jobless it's so easy to pay rent and I've seen the entire country towing my house and the agony of loneliness has only become so much worse I feel like Job and just would rather be dead. I'm so empty in my heart on earth I might as well drop dead and be with Christ. I simply have no one.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,259.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I know but I've already had a very horrible life, including homelessness for extended periods, debts that made me work like a slave and now I'm free in my low cost tiny house log cabin. Can be jobless it's so easy to pay rent and I've seen the entire country towing my house and the agony of loneliness has only become so much worse I feel like Job and just would rather be dead. I'm so empty in my heart on earth I might as well drop dead and be with Christ. I simply have no one.

Sorry to hear.

I find it interesting that despite your poverty, you still long for a partner. When I became poor, I lost interest in having relationships and stopped looking for someone.

Perhaps we're different. But it isn't your fault. We live in a cruel world and the dating world can be quite tough. It's just the way things are and we should try to find contentment with just ourselves if we can.

The only good thing is that the New Testament teachings by Christ, doesn't make big deal of male-female relationships. Doesn't make us any less if we don't have!

• Agree
Reactions: Kyle William
Upvote 0

Kyle William

Sep 6, 2017
Idaho
✟16,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think it's partly because the Lord may use my loneliness and sexual needs (burn with passion ought to be married) to link two people weak as individuals but strong together. Adam walked hand in hand with God in the cool of the afternoon everyday but became lonely and Eve was made so they could cleave. I always saw this need as the Lord's future plan for me. I tried for so long to desire nothing, andf still believe that a man who wants nothing never has logical reason to ever be sad, but I'm not able to achieve this. So instead I ask for prayer that Christ uses this heartsickness to unite me with some sad soul, to bring glory to our lives and to Christ with thanksgiving

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

Kyle William

Sep 6, 2017
Idaho
✟16,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So someone flagged my post down that was in the other section. I haven't done anything wrong. I need the prayer and Satan is everywhere. I'm so exhausted!!!!!! I can't take this hell anymore!! No one cares, the church is gone. There is no wife. There's no goodness in this world. Please, isn't anyone going to pray for me or should I just quit and die? Won't be long before this post is taken down too. I can only ever expect evil and sickness in this world. Hope is for those who have 2 brain cells or too afraid to see the truth.

• Prayers
Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,259.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You have to be prepared for the fact that even if we pray for you, you may not have your problems solved instantly.

At least for most of us, prayers don't instantly solve our problems.

We just have to be patient some more. I can only say this because I could tell, you even have better living condition than myself atm. If it's hard for you to believe, I live in a 3rd world country in a poor neighborhood.

I don't have to list all of the misery I face everyday.....Count your blessings! :)

• Optimistic
Reactions: Kyle William
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.