Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
she was wearing the same clothes as the day before,

maybe she was too lazy to change?

I hurried to catch up and she just was gone

she turned around a corner, didn't she...

Before my stroke I was a "seer"and saw angels and demons and devils

we probably shouldn't tamper with the spirit world if we can help it. that curiosity isn't necessary to explore during the course of our earthly journey with Christ.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
we probably shouldn't tamper with the spirit world if we can help it. that curiosity isn't necessary to explore during the course of our earthly journey with Christ.
So what does it mean to worship God in spirit and in truth?

Upvote 0

sarah 8

May 13, 2017
Redmond oregon
✟15,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I don't tamper withe the spirit world and since God gave me this gift He feels it is necessary for MY journey....I'm curious as to what it meant

Upvote 0

sarah 8

May 13, 2017
Redmond oregon
✟15,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A few days ago I saw a friend walking down our apt. hall way, she was wearing the same clothes as the day before, I hurried to catch up and she just was gone, does anyone know what this means? Before my stroke I was a "seer"and saw angels and demons and devils

that is not humorous nor clever I asked a legitimate question I thought for mature Christians
I am sorry for being presumptuous and registering

I'm talking about the netherworld

We shouldn't seek to get involved in it.

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I'd have to disagree with you on that, Brother. When Jesus was crucified, and the veil was torn, we were essentially invited back into Eden, back into relationship with Him. Where we can go to the other side of the veil and into the Holy of Holies with our Lord. To boldly approach the throne of grace. That's what I get from these scriptures.

Hebrews 10:19-23
19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
21 And having an high priest over the house of God;
22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;).../(KJV)

Hebrews 4:16
16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.../(KJV)

I've had well meaning Christian Brothers tell me that it's both dangerous and occultic, but after thinking on it and remembering those scriptures which say that no one can snatch us from His hand...that I have to believe that my Lord is not going to let me accidentally fall into a demons hands or something weird like that! He who seeks, finds. He who knocks, it is opened. We have to be care to not inadvertently ascribe more power to the enemy than God, for that would be a failure of faith. Right?

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
A few days ago I saw a friend walking down our apt. hall way, she was wearing the same clothes as the day before, I hurried to catch up and she just was gone, does anyone know what this means? Before my stroke I was a "seer"and saw angels and demons and devils
How do you know that you aren't suffering visual hallucinations due to an imbalance involving cerebral neurotransmitters?

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,913.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Where we can go to the other side of the veil and into the Holy of Holies with our Lord.

I could be wrong, but this doesn't sound like the netherworld.

but after thinking on it and remembering those scriptures which say that no one can snatch us from His hand...that I have to believe that my Lord is not going to let me accidentally fall into a demons hands or something weird like that! He who seeks, finds. He who knocks, it is opened. We have to be care to not inadvertently ascribe more power to the enemy than God, for that would be a failure of faith. Right?

I agree in part, however I would bring up

2 Corinthians 6:14

Swap "unbelievers" for "spirits residing in netherworld" I see no reason to expend time in such a world when the Bible doesn't mention interacting with this world as a point of importance to us in our lives here.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I don't tamper withe the spirit world and since God gave me this gift He feels it is necessary for MY journey....I'm curious as to what it meant
Seriously, it seems like you should be telling us, Sarah. But if I'm to guess, I don't think a spirit suddenly disappearing tells us much of anything. I know other people who say they've seen spirits and they also are gone in a moment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As someone who has been pestered by demons and evil spirits since I was very young, and also am someone who has suffered from hallucinations and psychosis, I know that there is a very fine line between real and unreal when it comes to the spirit world.

My experience is that whenever the spirit world leaves us in lots of emotional upheaval, e.g, confusion, doubt, fear, incomprehension or selfish joy or arrogant and prideful times, then we may know that whatever we saw was not from God, but are either demons trying to ensnare us, or illness striking us down, or, and what is much worse, both! (which has happened to me on many occasions and left me completely robbed and in shambles left behind without and good life left over whatsoever.)

We can know that this is so because God is The Truth! When we meet Jesus then we meet The Truth of ourselves - and this has a profound impact on us living/stuck in lies, that His appearing to us spiritually leaves us in no doubt about who or what we have seen or what it means. Even if what we have seen is wicked to the core, we will know that The Truth visited us and gave us insight, wisdom and focus as to fulfill His mandate rather than leaving us behind unfed and in spiritual peril. Whatever we hear or see from God is always 100 in agreeable o Scripture.

Furthermore I found that each time I speculated about spiritual visions or dreams, or anything, I was heeding the false prophet and was led astray big time. For Scripture tells us that worshiping God in and through Jesus is the spirit of prophecy, so this clearly means that each vision or dream we have which does not reveal prophecy as revealed in Scripture cannot be trusted to be true and we should not heed it, nor speculate about it, but drop it off at Jesus feet and leave to be unraveled by Him. Revelation 19:10.

So as far as your vision is concerned I would not pay any heed to what you saw, but be aware that the enemy may try and put something between you and your friend seeing they focused this vision on her, but otherwise I wouldn't pay heed whatsoever to what you saw or heard within about all this.

Mental disorders can be caused or made worse by strokes so if you keep getting these kind of sensations then it my well be worth while visiting your doctor rather than concluding that you have psychic powers. (I know from experiences.)

Anyway I'm using Niacin now to treat my psychosis and been hallucination and psychosis free ever since, no more hallucinations or psychosis has meant that those horrible demons don't pester me anymore like they used to. Yet God's truth keeps revealing His truth that down here - that we have both light and darkness - good and bad spirituality - and we ought to fight those demons lying their heads off at us spiritually instead of letting them tell us fairy tales and drag us away from God's truth like they so love to do. So as my psychotic illness healed, my psychic abilities became much more reliable and profound rather than disappeared.

Peace.

Here is a balanced, non religious, or fear mongering, article discussing the question you have my friend.

Psychic Ability or Mentally Ill? - Toronto Psychic Services

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I could be wrong, but this doesn't sound like the netherworld.

I agree in part, however I would bring up

2 Corinthians 6:14

Swap "unbelievers" for "spirits residing in netherworld" I see no reason to expend time in such a world when the Bible doesn't mention interacting with this world as a point of importance to us in our lives here.

Yes, you're right, it's not the netherworld. That scripture in 2 Corinthians 6:14 doesn't have anything to do with that of which we speak. That's talking about being married. Try not swapping it, adding to it, taking away from it...consider the Hebrews 10 scripture again and don't be distracted and you'll see that it is talking about it.

Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,.../

Now does that say after the day of the Lord? No, it doesn't. It says to get bold and go enter into the holiest...How is this done?...(This is done in spirit, not in the flesh...)
By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil,.../

A new and living way? In the Spirit. For the Spirit is life. Scripture keeps pounding it into us...in the Spirit, In the Spirit, In the Spirit...we're to be led of the Spirit, We're to worship Him in Spirit and in truth, and we go to visit Him in Spirit (He has consecrated this way for us, to be able to go...through the veil...

Everyone waits on God I've noticed. This is good in a way, but remember...God did come to us, in the flesh and layed down His life for us. He said He goes to sit on the right hand of the Father, and to prepare a place for us, and that He will send back a comforter (Holy Spirit) for us. Believe it or not...now, God waits on US. The ball is in our court now. What's He waiting for?

He told us; to seek Him out, to knock on His door, and He promised us that if we do that we will find Him. It shall be opened unto us. There was no exceptions or disclaimers in that passage. It's not, after the day of the Lord, not after judgement day...so what then? It's now. Daily.

The only veil left now is the veil of unbelief that's over our own hearts. Ask for it. Seek it. Knock on His door. Strip off the veil.

2 Corinthians 3:15-16
15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.../

I could go on and on but for brevity will close for now with this. Be led of the Spirit. Every day. Moment by moment.

17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, you're right, it's not the netherworld. That scripture in 2 Corinthians 6:14 doesn't have anything to do with that of which we speak. That's talking about being married. Try not swapping it, adding to it, taking away from it...consider the Hebrews 10 scripture again and don't be distracted and you'll see that it is talking about it.

Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,.../

Now does that say after the day of the Lord? No, it doesn't. It says to get bold and go enter into the holiest...How is this done?...(This is done in spirit, not in the flesh...)
By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil,.../

A new and living way? In the Spirit. For the Spirit is life. Scripture keeps pounding it into us...in the Spirit, In the Spirit, In the Spirit...we're to be led of the Spirit, We're to worship Him in Spirit and in truth, and we go to visit Him in Spirit (He has consecrated this way for us, to be able to go...through the veil...

Everyone waits on God I've noticed. This is good in a way, but remember...God did come to us, in the flesh and layed down His life for us. He said He goes to sit on the right hand of the Father, and to prepare a place for us, and that He will send back a comforter (Holy Spirit) for us. Believe it or not...now, God waits on US. The ball is in our court now. What's He waiting for?

He told us; to seek Him out, to knock on His door, and He promised us that if we do that we will find Him. It shall be opened unto us. There was no exceptions or disclaimers in that passage. It's not, after the day of the Lord, not after judgement day...so what then? It's now. Daily.

The only veil left now is the veil of unbelief that's over our own hearts. Ask for it. Seek it. Knock on His door. Strip off the veil.

2 Corinthians 3:15-16
15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.../

I could go on and on but for brevity will close for now with this. Be led of the Spirit. Every day. Moment by moment.

17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
How does one remove the veil and enter?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sarah 8

May 13, 2017
Redmond oregon
✟15,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How do you know that you aren't suffering visual hallucinations due to an imbalance involving cerebral neurotransmitters?
are you serious? I said I was a seer before I am not hallucinating I'm really sorry you people do not have spiritual gift I just asked a question and thought I'd get a spiritual answer

• Optimistic
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
are you serious? I said I was a seer before I am not hallucinating I'm really sorry you people do not have spiritual gift I just asked a question and thought I'd get a spiritual answer
The carnal mind cannot understand the things of the spirit. Instead of feeling sorry, you should feel grateful for your gifts and understanding of the misunderstanding of those who don't have it.....lest pride creeps in.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Sorry but some people do actually suffer from visual, tactile, gustatory, olfactory and auditory hallucinations, are diagnosed as having cerebral neural transmitter imbalances, are subsequently prescribed medication and the hallucinations do suddenly and totally vanish.

BTW
My offering of such information is not intended to mock you in any way. It is simply intended to offer an optional interpretation of what is happening to make sure that all options have been considered. In short, I am trying to be helpful. But if indeed I offended instead then I apologize and will not contribute any other opinion on your thread.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The carnal mind cannot understand the things of the spirit. Instead of feeling sorry, you should feel grateful for your gifts and understanding of the misunderstanding of those who don't have it.....lest pride creeps in.

Tagging me as carnal minded and prideful just because I offer a possible alternate explanation for such experiences which are readily considered supernatural is unjustifiable and judgmental and subsequently unchristian.
The advice provided is with the purpose of offering guidance.

God Bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm talking about the netherworld

We shouldn't seek to get involved in it.

The problem is that the human brain is quite capable of reproducing all types of sensations and convincing a person that they are as real as regular ones.

That's what occurs in LSD trips and when other hallucinogenic drugs are taken. Some people under such influences even jump off building thinking they can actually fly.

So before tagging such things as being of the supernatural, or from God, it is wise to eliminate the possibility that they are being produced by our own imperfect brain.

That is all I am saying.

As for delving into the spirit world, we are repeatedly advised to refrain from various activities which might lead to contact with unclean spirits who are out to deceive. Such spirits are very skilled at masquerading as angels of light in order to mislead those that they can convince.

2 Corinthians 11:14
And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

Ephesians 6:12
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this world's darkness, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

1 Peter 5:8
Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

So to prevent that danger, it is best to seek truth via reading the Bible and prayer instead as we are repeatedly told to do.

2 Tim 3:
15From infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for instruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work.…

Last edited:
Upvote 0