Visit site
✟336,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The seeds of Genesis. Just like the book of Job that is the oldest book perhaps in the world, the seeds of Genesis are the boundary stones that are not to be moved. The book of Job tells us of the game that we find ourselves in and when all is said and done, when all has been restored, after God has had His say, the only thing that our human ancestor changed was giving the females in his family their own inheritance instead of having to rely on their sustenance from their brothers.

The seeds, when followed thru from Genesis to Revelation, are the forming of understanding that matures into completeness. Seeds contain life.

I’ve always wanted to do an in-depth study of these things. This will be my attempt to do so, so please bear with me in the time factor that it takes to study these things out. :wave: I believe it has a wealth of information for disciples of Jesus.

Posting in discipleship is not out of sop because of being the way that God has instructed us to study His way also in getting to know the beginnings of His instruction. If mods need to move it to scripture forum then so be it.
Have a great day ya'll.

PS, I'm sure it will be the least conventional study ever too, because I want to await the leadings of the Lord and have no intention of Chronologic order. In saying that the laying of the seed of this thread will hopefully mature into and take on life. :doh: no idea what I've gotten myself into. Bon voyage.

Last edited:

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What is "the seeds of Genesis"?
It's a progression of thought patterns that have established meanings from the beginning in the first usage of the word in the bible. For instance anointing doesn't have a word pattern that leads to Christ until we see the Nazarite in priesthood in 1st Samuel, when Hannah coined the phrase and a change in priesthood was evidenced for the first time. But Genesis has earlier patterns that lead thru and circumference that meaning.

• Informative
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's a progression of thought patterns that have established meanings from the beginning in the first usage of the word in the bible. For instance anointing doesn't have a word pattern that leads to Christ until we see the Nazarite in priesthood in 1st Samuel, when Hannah coined the phrase and a change in priesthood was evidenced for the first time. But Genesis has earlier patterns that lead thru and circumference that meaning.
So it's like a conceptual foundation point that grows into a broader concept forming a coherrent whole from the bottom up? That sounds interesting. The annointing would be a good one to tackle as a lot of people think it means 'the' Messiah at base.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So it's like a conceptual foundation point that grows into a broader concept forming a coherrent whole from the bottom up? That sounds interesting. The annointing would be a good one to tackle as a lot of people think it means 'the' Messiah at base.
If it attains to that it would be what I would like to accomplish, but to barely achieve a hint of that will be more the final outcome, I think. But thank you for the encouragement.
The anointing of spices for the dead (Mark 16:1) is different than the anointing of the Holy Spirit on Jesus (Luke 4:18) and the anointing of His followers (1 John 2:20) certainly.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So let's start ..

The Land
In the beginning there was chaos and the Holy Spirit brooding over the waters as a hen broods over her chicks. It wasn’t until land appeared that a place was made ready for humanity. Land is turf, a place to lay one’s head, security, hope and a promise of future for my children. Christ is the good land that God has led His people to. Hebrews 4:8; Matthew 11:28-29; 1 Corinthians 10:2; Galatians 3:27; Matthew 3:11; 1 Corinthians 12:13; Galatians 3:14
It comes as a surprise then that Jesus himself didn’t lay claim to the material land. In fact He expressed that foxes have holes to lay their heads but He Himself had none, resounding His thoughts of that fox, King Herod, builder of the then temple. Yet His promise is for today 2 Peter 1:3 in accepting from Him the edification that He Provides represented in the OT as the milk and honey of the good land. John 6:35; 1 Corinthians 3:2; Revelation 2:7

Like Israel before us Christians are still in that crunch between the Father and The Land. Barrenness always has been associated with judgement on the Land and christian barrenness is the inability to beget life to others. Yet more are the children of Hannah in 1 Samuel 2:5 echoed in Isaiah 54 and culminating in Sarah Galatians 4:2 with the child of promise Isaac; the Promise that is the Land. Genesis 15:18-21, Genesis 26:3, Genesis 28:13; Exodus 23:31 The phrase "flowing with milk and honey" is understood to be hyperbolically descriptive of the land's richness; hence, its current use to express the abundance of pure means of enjoyment.
From the enjoyment of fellowship with the tri-une God issues fellowship with believers, the eternal issues of life. The issue of participation in the Love of the Father, the Grace of the Son, given into/unto us thru the Holy Spirit. Our joy is made full by such a spiritual enjoyment of the divine life/land.

Upvote 0