Secret CIA assessment says Russia was trying to help Trump win White House

SteveB28

May 14, 2015
✟21,415.00
Faith
Atheist
No evidence foreign governments are bribing voters to vote a certain way. I know we strong will other countries to vote in who we like but that usually fails as well. We tried it in Brexit and in Israel and a few years ago both America and EU tried to persuade the Greek electorate to not vote in Syriza party. They failed in every attempt, so what innovative power do the Russians have that made them succeed?

Good grief...

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟279,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you Mr Trump..........do try to be original.....

Why re-invent the wheel?

Settle down. The conclusion is that the Russians infiltrated the computer files of the Democratic Party and released them to Julian Assange's group for publication, in the attempt to discredit Mrs Clinton.

...which Assange has already denied.

Upvote 0

SteveB28

May 14, 2015
✟21,415.00
Faith
Atheist
Does it not seem just a little incongruous that Trump and his lackeys moaned on and on about "voter fraud" (even though the only case discovered was a Trump supporter!), while at the same time falling over themselves to discredit any suggestion that the Russians may have interfered in a major way....?

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Guys it was totally the russians who made those people in the rust belt vote for Trump.

Every former democratic voter in the rust belt who voted for Trump will be getting vodka for christmas with a signed card from Putin.

Upvote 0

SteveB28

May 14, 2015
✟21,415.00
Faith
Atheist
Guys it was totally the russians who made those people in the rust belt vote for Trump.

Every former democratic voter in the rust belt who voted for Trump will be getting vodka for christmas with a signed card from Putin.

Please answer 3 questions...

Is it not the case that only one person in 100 would need to change their vote in those critical states for a complete reversal of the election result?

Why do you think the Russians would have gone to these lengths if they didn't think it might produce a desired effect?

Why do you think Trump was so eager to dismiss Russian involvement, well before the details of this story emerged, and wanted to blame it on the Chinese instead?

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Please answer 3 questions...

Is it not the case that only one person in 100 would need to change their vote in those critical states for a complete reversal of the election result?
What you mean the states that Hillary ignored? The states where Hillary was talking about how those jobs were going to go away and she was going to magically bring in some more?

With talk like that do you really think it requires a conspiracy theory to explain the change in the rust belt? Just how long do you think the DNC ignoring the middle class was going to be put up with?

Why do you think the Russians would have gone to these lengths if they didn't think it might produce a desired effect?
You mean the lengths explained to us in a "leaked anonymous cia document"?

Sounds like some of that "fake news" I'm hearing about.

I'm totally sure nobody in the Clinton camp would try to fabricate evidence.

A Clinton Fan Manufactured Fake News That MSNBC Personalities Spread to Discredit WikiLeaks Docs

Well again anyway.

Why do you think Trump was so eager to dismiss Russian involvement, well before the details of this story emerged, and wanted to blame it on the Chinese instead?
I hadn't heard he blamed it on the chinese. But he probably dismissed Russian involvement for the same reason most americans have, it sounds like idiotic cold war bunk.

It was only four years ago Obama was ridiculing Romney for talking about Russia as if they were a serious threat.

Democrats lose an election and BAM it's Red Scare all over again.

And before you ask, no... I am not now, nor have I ever been an agent of the Russian government.

Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0

SteveB28

May 14, 2015
✟21,415.00
Faith
Atheist
What you mean the states that Hillary ignored? The states where Hillary was talking about how those jobs were going to go away and she was going to magically bring in some more?

With talk like that do you really think it requires a conspiracy theory to explain the change in the rust belt? Just how long do you think the DNC ignoring the middle class was going to be put up with?

You mean the lengths explained to us in a "leaked anonymous cia document"?

Sounds like some of that "fake news" I'm hearing about.

I'm totally sure nobody in the Clinton camp would try to fabricate evidence.

A Clinton Fan Manufactured Fake News That MSNBC Personalities Spread to Discredit WikiLeaks Docs

Well again anyway.

I hadn't heard he blamed it on the chinese. But he probably dismissed Russian involvement for the same reason most americans have, it sounds like idiotic cold war bunk.

It was only four years ago Obama was ridiculing Romney for talking about Russia as if they were a serious threat.

Democrats lose an election and BAM it's Red Scare all over again.

And before you ask, no... I am not now, nor have I ever been an agent of the Russian government.

“I don’t think anybody knows it was Russia that broke into the DNC,” Trump said. “She keeps saying ‘Russia, Russia, Russia,’ and maybe it was. It could be Russia but it could be China, could also be lots of other people. It could be someone sitting on their bed that weighs 400 pounds,” he added.

Why do you think he was so keen to draw attention away from his pals?....

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I doubt it would have made a difference.

The other thing is this, we would all be naive to think advanced countries don't have candidates they would like to see win in other countries elections. Heck, our own CIA used to make a living at this very thing, mostly in smaller countries.

We will never know all the stuff that goes on behind the scenes, except when some of it leaks out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SteveB28

May 14, 2015
✟21,415.00
Faith
Atheist
I doubt it would have made a difference.

The other thing is this, we would all be naive to think advanced countries don't have candidates they would like to see win in other countries elections. Heck, our own CIA used to make a living at this very thing, mostly in smaller countries.

We will never know all the stuff that goes on behind the scenes, except when some of it leaks out.

One vote in every hundred across a handful of states.

You don't think this could be achieved by releasing some embarrassing information at the right time?

Upvote 0

Jack of Spades

I told you so
Oct 3, 2015
Finland
✟34,886.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Regardless of who why and how much, there is no doubt that Trump is the guy Putin most wanted to win.

Trump seemed to basically agree in everything with Putin in foreign policy, he didn't call him out over Ukraine, he was skeptical of Nato commitments and agrees with Putin on Syria. China is also Russia's historical adversary in Asian front, and by antagonizing the Chinese, Trump is helping Putin by keeping China busy.

I would even say that the picture, added up with Trumps praise of Putin, Russian interfering with the elections and Trump dismissing all such claims is even a bit suspicious, given how anti-Russian stance both America as a whole, and especially the Republicans have taken before this.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟279,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Just think for a moment about what you are saying there....

What I'm saying is that while Putin has not expressed a preference for one candidate (unlike the US, Russia follows the old Westphalian provision of international law of not interfering in other countries' internal affairs) that Putin privately prefers Trump to Clinton is very probably true, for the reasons I stated. As Putin himself said, why would he not welcome better relations with the United States?

You don't think this could be achieved by releasing some embarrassing information at the right time?

Like for example the Access Hollywood video?

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟609,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So first Trump hates women, then he's with the KKK, and now he's working with Russia.... Come on people, it's obvious what's going on here.

...Who cares if Russia hacked into the DNC, there is NO valuable information to be found there, Im sure.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

And the good Vodka, not the cheap stuff.

Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Trump himself, provided boatloads of embarrassing quotes etc. about himself in a very transparent way for well over a year.

As a matter of disclosure, I voted for neither candidate in this election. The main question about this election to me is this; why couldn't the democrats produce a candidate that could beat Trump, with all the ammo he gave people to hate him?

IMO, it was because Clinton was a very flawed candidate from the very start and one with a track record of under performing against candidates who present themselves as; "change candidates". Obama upset her in 08 and Sanders got far more support than most anticipated and even upset Clinton in some of those rust belt states. The evidence was there that Clinton could be beat, for years.

Furthermore, people are fed up with establishment politicians, who keep saying one thing and doing another and Clinton is the poster child for elitist establishment politicians. She also is a horrible campaigner and acts as if she can't be bothered with difficult questions.

Clinton lost this election, not because Trump got some windfall of votes. Trump got about as many as Romney. Trump won, because the; blacks, Hispanics and even women, didn't vote for her to the same level they voted for Obama.

So, regardless of what goofballs like Van Jones will claim; this election was "white lash" against a black president (who just so happens to have been elected twice), what this election really was; was a "minority lash" against Clinton.

Upvote 0

Jack of Spades

I told you so
Oct 3, 2015
Finland
✟34,886.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
So first Trump hates women

Correction: Objectifies women, not necessarily hates. And yes, he does, that's clear as day. He was fine with talking about his daughters body in a radio show.

How messed up that is?

then he's with the KKK

The KKK is with Trump, by their own admission. As for how much Trump is with the KKK, that's a bit more vague, but not made up at all.

and now he's working with Russia....

At least, he is undeniably doing many things that profits Russian interest, intentionally or unintentionally. Regardless of his motives, that's a fact.

Come on people, it's obvious what's going on here.

Yeah, the US has a pretty wildcard president.

Reactions: LinguaIgnota
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Correction: Objectifies women, not necessarily hates. And yes, he does, that's clear as day. He was fine with talking about his daughters body in a radio show.

How messed up that is?

The KKK is with Trump, by their own admission. As for how much Trump is with the KKK, that's a bit more vague, but not made up at all.

At least, he is undeniably doing many things that profits Russian interest, intentionally or unintentionally. Regardless of his motives, that's a fact.

Yeah, the US has a pretty wildcard president.

I agree, Trump provided plenty of ammunition to motivate women to vote for Hilary.

With that said, why is it then, that more women, hispanics and blacks voted for Trump, than anyone anticipated?

Upvote 0

Jack of Spades

I told you so
Oct 3, 2015
Finland
✟34,886.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I agree, Trump provided plenty of ammunition to motivate women to vote for Hilary.

With that said, why is it then, that more women, hispanics and blacks voted for Trump, than anyone anticipated?

It's a good question. Maybe they voted party, maybe they voted issues, maybe they voted against Dems/Clinton or maybe they are fine with being objectified.

Upvote 0