Magnolia, AR
✟994,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wonder, Miss @Multifavs,. reading through the four Gospels again this time, do you think it is accurate to say that Jesus, while still being God, was a humanist? He was certainly quick to forgive and have mercy, for one, and a big part of the kingdom of God that He spoke of often seemed to build upon caring for humans in some way - helping the poor, the sick, etc.

Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I wonder, Miss @Multifavs,. reading through the four Gospels again this time, do you think it is accurate to say that Jesus, while still being God, was a humanist? He was certainly quick to forgive and have mercy, for one, and a big part of the kingdom of God that He spoke of often seemed to build upon caring for humans in some way - helping the poor, the sick, etc.
Hmm, I am not sure. I do know that Jesus loved humans very much (and still does, of course!), and it certainly makes sense; after all, He is God and so He loves us, made in the image of the Father. Because of His unending love, He is quick to forgive and care for humans, and He teaches all of us because He wants us to share in the joy of God's kingdom (of course, we can choose to accept or reject that offer through our own free will, but accepting is much better!) Perhaps He was also setting an example for us, to teach us to care for others and be kind to them as He wants us to; I remember somewhere in the Gospels He even says that whatever we do for one of His children we do for Him.

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

Drifter Kybe Scythe Kane

Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2017
boston
✟50,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
i wonder how john the baptist was so confident in his efforts and that he was like...not one inch afraid his trying of baptizing wouldn't be doomed to failure...the government was tracking him and questioning him... he really must be an all star to christians...no wonder jesus at least of what i heard loved him so. he pretty much took the task on alone...pretty gutsy i'd say...

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i wonder how john the baptist was so confident in his efforts and that he was like...not one inch afraid his trying of baptizing wouldn't be doomed to failure...the government was tracking him and questioning him... he really must be an all star to christians...no wonder jesus at least of what i heard loved him so. he pretty much took the task on alone...pretty gutsy i'd say...

Glad to see someone else following along now. :)

Day 278: Nov 25

Matthew 15
Mark 7

Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sif

Nov 11, 2015
Rocky Mountain Region
✟307,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
But you, O Bethlehem Ephrathah,
who are little to be among the clans of Judah,
from you shall come forth for me
one who is to be ruler in Israel,
whose origin is from of old
from ancient days - Micah 5:2

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Luke 12:2-7
Luke 12:22-32

If only I was more courageous and less worrisome like these passages tell us to be. I have seen persecution of Christianity before. I frequently see persecution of Catholicism, including right here on CF. Sometimes it gets me down. Stupid anxiety and OCD make it impossible not to worry a lot.

• Friendly
Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0