Feb 22, 2006
✟52,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey guys...sorry about the lack of communication. The issue is being worked on, though there are some reasons the tech has not been able to be on CF for awhile. I believe it's the first thing up to be fixed and it shouldn't be too much longer. I don't have a time frame. But staff is eager for this as well, and it will be back at some point.

Upvote 0

appletreeblossom

Contributor
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2007
✟31,103.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry everyone... It's been tough for all of us, but hang in there. This was way out of our control and the Tech had some things happen. Please keep him in your prayers - Hopefully it will all be resolved soon. :hug:

Be blessed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I hope things are okay with the tech. Certainly, he is a human being like everyone else. However, having said that, perhaps this issue is bringing to light the need for back-up tech staff. That might be something to look into once this issue is cleared up. It isn't fair to put all the weight on one person.

Upvote 0

appletreeblossom

Contributor
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2007
✟31,103.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm sure we'll look into different precautions that can be taken to keep this from happening again. But this time around, none of us saw this coming (not even the Tech) so it's been interesting for everyone involved. For what it is worth though, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

appletreeblossom

Contributor
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2007
✟31,103.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Busted. Bah. :D Oh well. When it does come back, we'll all be that much happier about it, right? Trust me, everyone is missing it, but we're also finding inventive ways of getting around not using the search feature, so... ;)

Example being, you can use the "Forum Search" tool at the top of the forum you're in and type in the screen name you're looking for. Might not bring everything up, but it's better than nothing until it gets fixed.
You all are great, thank you for hanging in there with us! :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

appletreeblossom

Contributor
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2007
✟31,103.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@Tzaousios
Not always. It really depends on key words, etc. But usually if that person has posted in the forum you search, some results will come up. From my experience with it, there's usually at least 1-3 recent posts. That does depend on whether or not they posted in that area at all, though. :)

@servantofMercifulLove
Hmm. I think I found out what happened there. :) The "Search By User isn't working", but the general search is. Example being.. Blessings Exchange - Christian Forums
When you go to the main page of the forum, do you see the thingy on the right corner of the forum that says, "Search this Forum"? Click that, and enter the screen name you want - you can ask it to search for threads, or posts. Don't go to advanced search, because the User search isn't working. But that "should" give you some good results if you mess with it a bit. :) The thing is though, when you search with the, "Search this Forum", it will only pull up results from that particular area.

Upvote 0

Tzaousios

Αυγουστινιανικός Χριστιανός
Dec 4, 2008
Comitatus in praesenti
Visit site
✟26,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
HisStar247 said:
@Tzaousios
Not always. It really depends on key words, etc. But usually if that person has posted in the forum you search, some results will come up. From my experience with it, there's usually at least 1-3 recent posts. That does depend on whether or not they posted in that area at all, though.

I tried several searches in the manner you have described. It brought up results from February 17th and before. Incidentally, I think this is around the same time the profile post search was disengaged.

Any news about the return of the tech person?

Upvote 0