Georgia
✟912,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Just as love is not separate from Gods' law it is expressed through obedience to God's law, obedience to God's law is not separate to receiving and being sealed by God's Spirit.

In your post you mention that the person who is convicted that something is God's will but refuses to do it - is sinning. I would tend to summarize this way James 4:17 says "to him who knows to do right and does it not - to him it is sin".

However that is a "true-ism" in that it has always been true from Adam to this very day. So my question is about the "seal of God" in Rev 7 -- on the forehead. Or are you saying you think that all the saints from Adam to this very day were sealed in their forehead as long as they were following Christ rather than choosing rebellion?

Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
In your post you mention that the person who is convicted that something is God's will but refuses to do it - is sinning. I would tend to summarize this way James 4:17 says "to him who knows to do right and does it not - to him it is sin".

However that is a "true-ism" in that it has always been true from Adam to this very day. So my question is about the "seal of God" in Rev 7 -- on the forehead. Or are you saying you think that all the saints from Adam to this very day were sealed in their forehead as long as they were following Christ rather than choosing rebellion?
Yes Bob James 4:17 links in to Acts of the Apostles 17:30-31 which together link into Hebrews 10:26-27. Have a read of these together. The seal (also means mark or sign) of God in their forehead is linked to belief, that is what one believes in their mind (forehead) and does, with their actions (hand; Ecclesiastes 9:10) which is tied into my earlier post (see also Deuteronomy 6:1-8). They are sealed in their belief (the true faith of believing Gods' Word and keeping all the commandments of God) which brings the seal of God's Spirit (Ephesians 1:13 always present tense application) which is the Spirit of the truth of God's Word (John 6:63; John 17:17) which of course includes the seal of God's 10 commandments (Exodus 20:8-11), which is the "seventh day" Sabbath that shows God's claim as creator of heaven and earth (links to Revelation 14:7-12). None of the above are in isolation to themselves just as love is not separate to obedience to God's law it is expressed through obedience to Gods law from the heart which is God's new covenant promise in those who believe God's Word (Hebrews 8:10-12). Just the same as faith is not separate from works (James 2:17-26; Romans 3:31; Romans 13:8-10). The one leads to the other. We are only sealed with God's Spirit according to the scriptures once we receive a knowledge of the truth of Gods' Word and believe and follow it. This is always in the present tense to believing - now. If we receive a knowledge of the truth of God's Word and reject God's Word in order to continue in a life of known unrepentant sin, not only have we grieved and quenched Gods' Spirit (Ephesians 4:30; 1 Thessalonians 5:19) who expects us to believe and follow His Word when he gives us a knowledge of the truth (Acts of the Apostles 17:30-31; James 4:17), unless we repent and turn again to believing and following Gods' Word according to the scriptures we are in danger of the judgement to come *Hebrews 6:4-8; Hebrews 10:26-31.

God bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0