Science PROVES the BIBLE is True

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What do you got? Because I can not find any sign of degenerate disease in pre historic man. This all has to do with the Noah Covenant and this is why NOAH is so important.

If we found a pre-historic person who died of a degenerative disease or old age, would this disprove the Bible?

It would disprove my theory about the Bible. This would disprove my interpretation.

There is plenty of evidence that they suffered from a host of fatal diseases - cholera, TB etc.

TB found in 9000 year old skeleton
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/news-articles/08010/08101401

Rib lesions from the early neolithic

https://www.researchgate.net/public...l_of_tuberculosis_at_the_onset_of_agriculture

As an infectious disease, tuberculosis (TB) is one of the major causes of death worldwide. Paleopathological and paleomicrobiological studies indicate a long standing association of the causative agent Mycobacterium tuberculosis and its human host. Since the occurrence and the epidemic spread of this pathogen seem to be closely linked to social and biological factors, it is of particular interest to understand better the role of TB during periods of social and nutritional change such as the Neolithic. In this study, 118 individuals from three sites in Saxony-Anhalt (Germany) dating to the Linear Pottery Culture (5400-4800 BC) were examined macroscopically to identify TB related bone lesions. In two individuals, Pott's disease was detected. In addition, periosteal reactions of varying degrees and frequency were observed mainly along the neck of the ribs in 6.5% (2/31) of subadults and 35.1% (20/57) of adults, with one site standing out markedly. Rib lesions, however, are not specific indicators of TB as they can also be caused by other diseases; so additional investigations were undertaken using histology and micro-CT scans to say more about the disease process. Supplementary molecular analyses indicate the presence of pathogens belonging to the Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex in individuals of all sites. Furthermore, we discuss the occurrence and spread of TB during the Neolithic with regard to nutritional aspects and possible risks of infection. The data presented provide important insights into the health status of Early Neolithic populations in Central Germany.

Joshua, it seems to be your policy to ignore any posts that demonstrate where you are wrong on a topic. It seems very rude to ask for evidence and then ignore it if it disagrees with you

What have you got to say about the quoted conversation above? Please don't change the subject.

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, that is the argument. Science-medicine keeps them alive so the doctors can kill them. If science had not kept them alive then they would not be there for the doctors to kill them. This is why doctors can sleep at night and not worry about the mistakes they make and the people they kill. They do not try to double guess themselves. They deal with what they have to deal with and let the chips fall where they fall.

I believe you mentioned your Father and Brother were Doctors, I'm beginning to wonder if there isn't some deeper reason for your dislike of the profession.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe you mentioned your Father and Brother were Doctors, I'm beginning to wonder if there isn't some deeper reason for your dislike of the profession.
Maybe, my brother and I get along pretty good though. He was there at my sons graduation and he had a good time.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
it seems to be your policy to ignore any posts
I only "ignore" posts when I do not have time and I can not keep up with all of them. It can be difficult to deal with all the confusion that people with reprobate minds seem to be able to produce. They seem to delight in making the water muddy.

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Maybe, my brother and I get along pretty good though. He was there at my sons graduation and he had a good time.

I only comment on it because you don't seem to mind sharing personal information on here. It just seems a bit strange that you seem to have what can almost be described as contempt for the medical profession when there are so many doctors in your family. I am glad you get along with him, I wouldn't share that chestnut about 'science keeping people alive so that Doctors can kill them with' him though!

I only "ignore" posts when I do not have time and I can not keep up with all of them. It can be difficult to deal with all the confusion that people with reprobate minds seem to be able to produce. They seem to delight in making the water muddy.

Your posts certainly seem to generate a lot of responses!

You obviously read what I wrote though as you responded to the trivial part, how about the bit above where I demonstrated what you said was in error?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

It seems you cant keep up with the posts that tend to refute your claims.

What a shock!

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

What a shock!

It's not just me is it? The conversation I quoted (at the top of this page) was quite easy to follow and the conclusion beyond doubt. If I was wrong about something I'd admit it and move on, it's nothing to be ashamed of.

Last edited:
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What a shock!
Your just making a joke. According to Poe's law your suppose to add a smile face. My son's graduation party was this weekend and my brother came in from out of town. We have been pretty busy around here.

Upvote 0

Blondepudding

Who Sprinkled You With Grumpy Dust?
Dec 26, 2015
Here and now
✟19,720.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
There is an overwhelming amount of rock solid science that proves the Bible is accurate and true. To be sure Science is limited in what Science can do. Still there is Overwhelming Scientific Evidence for the Bible. The problem is people that are perishing do not understand the Bible. They ALWAYS get it wrong. Because they are not born again then they have NOT been renewed in their mind and the CARNAL mind simply is not able to comprehend the Bible. The Bible is SPIRITUAL NOT CARNAL. The fact that they ALWAYS get it wrong is evidence in itself. Because if you are not FOR God then you are AGAINST God. That means you are an enemy of God. I have no idea why people would want to be an enemy of the God that is powerful enough to Create the Whole Universe. That does not even make any reasonable sense. We know that "the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness". Why would they want to subject themselves to the Wrath of God? For them to say there is NO evidence is simply absurd and that is a sign their mind is not functioning right. The Bible says they have a reprobate mind. We are told that they “suppress the truth by their wickedness.”. So we see that their main objective is to suppress the truth. I am sure they get some sort of reward for their wickedness, "for a season". The Bible says the wages of sin is death. Of course they know they are going to die and perish so that is no surprise to them. Whatever pleasure or advantage they get for their wickedness now is going to be short lived. "Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season." Heb 11:24 Everyone gets to make this choice. God is willing to turn people over to a reprobate mind if that is what they want. He will not make that decision for them. This is a choice that each and every individual must make for themselves. We all make the choice: do we want a mind that is renewed in strength or do we want a reprobate mind? So even I give people huge, Huge, HUGE amounts of scientific evidence they are not able to accept or receive that evidence because of the reprobate mind they have and their propensity to suppress the truth.

Is it your security settings that makes that one huge wall of text? Very hard to read.

Is there any legitimate evidence for macro-evolution?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it your security settings that makes that one huge wall of text? Very hard to read.
Usually that happens when I cut and paste something. If I copy it to word pad that usually gets rid of that. To restore control over the text setting to the forum default. I remember when forums like this were all in DOS and we had to write all of the codes ourselves. In fact Ebay use to be that way.

I do not know how legitimate the evidence is but what they like to talk about here on this forum is the evidence from retrovirus for common ancestors.

I could argue that man had to evolve in order for God to become a part of His creation to bring about redemption and restoration. Scofield for example taught that the Bible opens with the Earth in a stare of ruin. "the earth was without form, and void;"

Chapter 1

1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

without form and void

Jeremiah 4:23-27 ; Isaiah 24:1 ; 45:18 clearly indicate that the earth had undergone a cataclysmic change as the result of divine judgment. The face of the earth bears everywhere the marks of such a catastrophe. There are not wanting imitations which connect it with a previous testing and fall of angels.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Your just making a joke. According to Poe's law your suppose to add a smile face. My son's graduation party was this weekend and my brother came in from out of town. We have been pretty busy around here.

A joke?

LOL

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It not just me is it? The conversation I quoted (at the top of this page) was quite easy to follow and the conclusion beyond doubt. If I was wrong about something I'd admit it and move on, it's nothing to be ashamed of.

You are not wrong. The trend, is quite obvious.

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

Blondepudding

Dec 26, 2015
Here and now
✟19,720.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
Usually that happens when I cut and paste something. If I copy it to word pad that usually gets rid of that. To restore control over the text setting to the forum default. I remember when forums like this were all in DOS and we had to write all of the codes ourselves. In fact Ebay use to be that way.

I do not know how legitimate the evidence is but what they like to talk about here on this forum is the evidence from retrovirus for common ancestors.

I could argue that man had to evolve in order for God to become a part of His creation to bring about redemption and restoration. Scofield for example taught that the Bible opens with the Earth in a stare of ruin. "the earth was without form, and void;"

Chapter 1

1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

without form and void

Jeremiah 4:23-27 ; Isaiah 24:1 ; 45:18 clearly indicate that the earth had undergone a cataclysmic change as the result of divine judgment. The face of the earth bears everywhere the marks of such a catastrophe. There are not wanting imitations which connect it with a previous testing and fall of angels.

Thanks for your explanation. :)

Upvote 0

Astrophile

Aug 30, 2013
England
✟233,984.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Widowed
I do not know where you got that quote from but it was not Wiki.
It is from Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neanderthal#Notable_specimens .
La Chapelle-aux-Saints1: ... Estimated to be about 60,000 years old, the specimen was severely arthritic and had lost all his teeth, with evidence of healing

Another quote from Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Chapelle-aux-Saints_1:
La Chapelle-aux-Saints 1 (also known as "The Old Man") is a partial skeleton of the species Homo neanderthalensis. ... It is the remains of a male neanderthal of about 40 years of age whose anatomy is characterized by loss of teeth, advanced resorption of bone in the mandible and signs of advanced arthritis.

The point is that it has long been established that prehistoric man did not have the diseases that civilized man has.

Civilised men and women still suffer from arthritis and tooth decay.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are not wrong. The trend, is quite obvious.
Usually I feel sorry for the skeptic scoffer types because sometimes they have to wait a long time for someone to come along that is willing to play their game with them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Not_By_Chance

Site Supporter
May 25, 2015
✟62,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
We know how planets form.
Hmm - not according to creationastronomy.com. I would suggest watching the second DVD for an alternative take on that idea.

It even says he made plants before the sun which is.....scientifically impossible.
No it's not. You mean to say that plants can't survive for a day or so without sunlight, i.e., before God (Jesus) made the sun and stars? Question - Jesus rose from the dead and also rose Lazarus from the dead - please explain how that was done in scientific terms?

This is the verse where it claims the moon is a light source. This is demonstrably false.
What are you talking about? - the Bible does not claim the moon is the light source.

Plants before the sun is scientifically impossible. There is this thing called photosynthesis....kind of important.
Irrelevant as we are only talking of a period of 24 hours or so before God made the sun and stars.

Just by these points alone, you have demonstrated what little understanding you have of the Biblical texts. I would suggest that you get hold of a good Bible and actually read what is has to say before attempting to ridicule its content.

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Yes, "macro-evolution" has been crated in the lab with bacteria. It is currently being observed in a long-term experiment in Russia where they are trying to turn foxes into dogs. So far, the results have been promising. Foxes are taking on dog-like traits, such as tameness. Also, in science generally does not use the concepts of "macro " or "micro" evolution. largely , those are used by religious fundamentalists, not scientists. The reason is that you cannot have one without the other. Given you observe "micro," then that logically rules in "macro." Laws of nature apply everywhere, not just in limited spaces. Hence, "micro" points to a process going on between specifies as well as within. There is to Stop sign out there.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The bible writers, unless they were very uneducated and ignorant, already knew about concepts of night and day, sun and stars, light and darkness BEFORE they wrote those tales. They weren't making a prediction and then had it confirmed by science.....it was the other way 'round! They made up stories based upon existing knowledge!
Moses was very educated and Science was somewhat established in his day. The amazing thing is that what Moses wrote is still accurate today. Nothing has been falsified. So what Moses knew is not at all impressive by today's standards. What is impressive is how accurate he was EVEN by today's standards.

Exodus 31:3
"I have filled him with the Spirit of God in wisdom, in understanding, in knowledge, and in all kinds of craftsmanship

Moses in the Bible tells us where the craftsman get their wisdom, understanding and knowledge: from God. This is something that the skeptics and scoffers still question today and yet they have no alternative explanation. I would love to see them try to explain how the craftsman gets his skill using their secular theories and reasoning.

science-without-religion-is-lame-religion-without-science-is-blind-2.jpg

Upvote 0

Blondepudding

Dec 26, 2015
Here and now
✟19,720.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, "macro-evolution" has been crated in the lab with bacteria. It is currently being observed in a long-term experiment in Russia where they are trying to turn foxes into dogs. So far, the results have been promising. Foxes are taking on dog-like traits, such as tameness. Also, in science generally does not use the concepts of "macro " or "micro" evolution. largely , those are used by religious fundamentalists, not scientists. The reason is that you cannot have one without the other. Given you observe "micro," then that logically rules in "macro." Laws of nature apply everywhere, not just in limited spaces. Hence, "micro" points to a process going on between specifies as well as within. There is to Stop sign out there.

I'm not a science chick so thank you for that. I've just heard that macroevolution proves there is no so called missing link. Therefore Darwin was in error. Being Ignostic this wasn't through a religious source either but one a year ago or so that was on a cable education channel in my area.
Thanks again. :)

Upvote 0

Blondepudding

Dec 26, 2015
Here and now
✟19,720.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
Moses was very educated and Science was somewhat established in his day. The amazing thing is that what Moses wrote is still accurate today. Nothing has been falsified. So what Moses knew is not at all impressive by today's standards. What is impressive is how accurate he was EVEN by today's standards.

Exodus 31:3
"I have filled him with the Spirit of God in wisdom, in understanding, in knowledge, and in all kinds of craftsmanship

Moses in the Bible tells us where the craftsman get their wisdom, understanding and knowledge: from God. This is something that the skeptics and scoffers still question today and yet they have no alternative explanation. I would love to see them try to explain how the craftsman gets his skill using their secular theories and reasoning.

science-without-religion-is-lame-religion-without-science-is-blind-2.jpg

I wanted to pop this into the discussion since others are posting their meme of preference. :p

Upvote 0