Science falsely so called documentary

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I do appreciate that some here offer the science behind the theory without being sarcastic or rude.
When have I been either? If a person is ignorant it is not rude to tell them that, especially if one offers to help them with that problem.

The rudeness tends to come from creationists. I have seen endless bearing of false witness against one's neighbor by creationists, though they tend not to realize that they broke the Ninth. It is not done on purpose, but if you are a Christian I do not think that not knowing one bore false witness would not count as an excuse. Technically they are not lying since they do not realize their error, nor do they have an intent to deceive, but the results are the same as if they were purposefully telling lies.

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Hmmm...

I don't know much about such processes - can you explain to me how a tree can become perminieralized with what appears to be a uniform saturation while the earth around it exhibits distinct banding, i.e., lithification of apparently different layers.
It's called a Flood......

That distinct banding is formed in a matter of hours and hardens to rock in weeks.... and has not a thing to do with the mineralization of the tree in a uniform saturation because the layers were laid down almost instantly, not over years..... it is the tree that took years to fossilize, long after the layers were already hardened rock which protected the tree from decay.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When have I been either? If a person is ignorant it is not rude to tell them that, especially if one offers to help them with that problem.

The rudeness tends to come from creationists. I have seen endless bearing of false witness against one's neighbor by creationists, though they tend not to realize that they broke the Ninth. It is not done on purpose, but if you are a Christian I do not think that not knowing one bore false witness would not count as an excuse. Technically they are not lying since they do not realize their error, nor do they have an intent to deceive, but the results are the same as if they were purposefully telling lies.

I include you in those of whom I speak. :bow:

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

That distinct banding is formed in a matter of hours and hardens to rock in weeks.... and has not a thing to do with the mineralization of the tree in a uniform saturation because the layers were laid down almost instantly, not over years..... it is the tree that took years to fossilize, long after the layers were already hardened rock which protected the tree from decay.....

No, the evidence against the flood story of the Bible is almost endless. And no scientific evidence for the concept at all. And I can see that your source dishonestly represented what another Christian discovered. The "soft tissue" in dinosaur fossils is not evidence for a flood. The Christian that first discovered "soft tissue" knows that those fossils are over many millions of years old. She even discovered the mode of preservation.

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
No, the evidence against the flood story of the Bible is almost endless. And no scientific evidence for the concept at all. And I can see that your source dishonestly represented what another Christian discovered. The "soft tissue" in dinosaur fossils is not evidence for a flood. The Christian that first discovered "soft tissue" knows that those fossils are over many millions of years old. She even discovered the mode of preservation.
The evidence for the Flood is so widespread you have to keep ignoring 75% of the earth's surface is sedimentary rock.......

So you keep claiming, yet here they were willing to abandon every known scientific experiment ever performed on the longevity of bio matter as long as they didn't have to question their age.

She discovered nothing except how to fool those that want to hold on to their cherished beliefs. She had to centrifuge the blood to get enough iron separated for the blood to even make it a feasible prospect. Just pouring blood upon the bio matter was not enough to cause any preservation. last I checked dinosaur did not have access to centrifuges...... Also she only showed even under perfect laboratory conditions (and centrifuging the blood to separate the iron) such would only retard the decay by a small amount..... Your claims of millions of years do not hold up under scrutiny in the least, nor does her shoddy lab work in which she found it impossible to use methods that would occur in nature, but instead had to centrifuge the blood to separate the iron just to get any reaction. Shame on you for failing to mention her devious tactics to save your belief in age.....

And that wasn't even part of the post responded too. Such a diversionary tactic on your part. The video was about the Mt Saint Helen's eruption which formed perfectly flat sedimentary layers in a matter of minutes, and hardened to rock in a matter of weeks....

That was what we were discussing was it not, how layers could form in separate distinct layers while the tree fossilized at a uniform rate not affected by the layering?

What, didn't want to discuss the layering you were so eager to discuss in the post I responded to, now that we know it DOESN'T take millions of years or even hundreds of years to form sedimentary rock????? Thought you would just ignore that and try to offtrack the thread, right?????

Or did you just reach the part where you thought you had a "gotcha" and stop? Not realizing all of us are not ignorant of how her shoddy lab work was done and that she had to use methods not occurring in nature to produce any result at all????

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The evidence for the Flood is so widespread you have to keep ignoring 75% of the earth's surface is sedimentary rock.......

So you keep claiming, yet here they were willing to abandon every known scientific experiment ever performed on the longevity of bio matter as long as they didn't have to question their age.

She discovered nothing except how to fool those that want to hold on to their cherished beliefs. She had to centrifuge the blood to get enough iron separated for the blood to even make it a feasible prospect. Just pouring blood upon the bio matter was not enough to cause any preservation. last I checked dinosaur did not have access to centrifuges...... Also she only showed even under perfect laboratory conditions (and centrifuging the blood to separate the iron) such would only retard the decay by a small amount..... Your claims of millions of years do not hold up under scrutiny in the least, nor does her shoddy lab work in which she found it impossible to use methods that would occur in nature, but instead had to centrifuge the blood to separate the iron just to get any reaction. Shame on you for failing to mention her devious tactics to save your belief in age.....

And that wasn't even part of the post responded too. Such a diversionary tactic on your part. The video was about the Mt Saint Helen's eruption which formed perfectly flat sedimentary layers in a matter of minutes, and hardened to rock in a matter of weeks....

That was what we were discussing was it not, how layers could form in separate distinct layers while the tree fossilized at a uniform rate not affected by the layering?

What, didn't want to discuss the layering you were so eager to discuss in the post I responded to, now that we know it DOESN'T take millions of years or even hundreds of years to form sedimentary rock????? Thought you would just ignore that and try to offtrack the thread, right?????

Or did you just reach the part where you thought you had a "gotcha" and stop? Not realizing all of us are not ignorant of how her shoddy lab work was done and that she had to use methods not occurring in nature to produce any result at all????
Why would you think that a volcanic eruption would make a sedimentary layer? Ash falls are igneous rock, by the way . And lava will harden to rock in a few minutes . That has nothing to do with the age of the earth. Just because a geological formation forms quickly has no bearing on it’s age which has more to do with how long it’s been sitting there .

Now about your other silly misconception . The iron ions came out of the dinosaurs hemoglobin . The iron ions acted like a preservative for some of the soft tissue. Dr Schweitzer dissolved the mineralization around the tissue and got the cartilage tissue out. Normally this would have decayed away but the iron based chemical reactions preserved it.

. This gets better. When they tested the dinosaur soft tissue cartilage for proteins it was identical to ostrich . Birds are dinosaurs and this is the reason that creationists lie about the soft tissue found in dinosaurs

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Apparently the OP is just a drive-by poster. Three posts and gone.
I just watched the first 5 minutes of that video and realized I’ve wasted my time even though I knew better.

( pouts) I want my 5 minutes back :(

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You said that...I didn't.
Yes, I said that argument from awe and the argument from incredulity are fallacious. That is why people like you rely on them so much - all you can muster are fallacies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe the world needs science more than it needs religion?
Without question.
When religious leaders are claiming that Donald Trump was chosen by God, I think religion has run its course.

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
:scratch:
That distinct banding is formed in a matter of hours and hardens to rock in weeks...

And you think the sun is 'electric', and that an identical breeding pair's offspring became Asians and Africans and Inuuit and Polynesian and Nordic in just a few thousand years with no mutation, all via hybridization, right?

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Shouldn't it be 100% if the fake flood happened?
The video was about the Mt Saint Helen's eruption which formed perfectly flat sedimentary layers in a matter of minutes, and hardened to rock in a matter of weeks....

I am almost 100% certain that the mud and ash in Mt. St. Helens' lahars did not lithify in weeks.
And I could not find any sources claiming otherwise (other than lying creationist fake news sites).

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Without question.
When religious leaders are claiming that Donald Trump was chosen by God, I think religion has run its course.

I’m a Christian and I agree

Off topic - but do you really post on here from a phone? I can't type a single sentence on my phone without 5 typos and bunch of extraneous letters showing up!
yeah I’ve got arachnodactyly ( long skinny fingers so I don’t have much trouble using a phone keyboard. Autocorrect is another story grrr

Reactions: tas8831
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dynadin

Mar 11, 2018
Tifton
✟128,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I’m a Christian and I agree

yeah I’ve got arachnodactyly ( long skinny fingers so I don’t have much trouble using a phone keyboard. Autocorrect is another story grrr

This is one of the coolest words I've come cross in a while. Wasn't familiar with this condition before. Interesting. ;)

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A
This is one of the coolest words I've come cross in a while. Wasn't familiar with this condition before. Interesting. ;)
all of the long bones in my body are longer than normal and I’m hyper flexible. I m a little under 5 ft 6 and I can Palm a basketball even though I’m small boned. Being hyper flexible has its good points and it’s bad . If I don’t stretch I get achy . And I can easily do the wheel in yoga at my age

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I said that argument from awe and the argument from incredulity are fallacious. That is why people like you rely on them so much - all you can muster are fallacies.

So disbelief (for whatever reason) is a 'fallacy'? How far do you want to take that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Without question.

I'm not standing next to you during a thunderstorm. :eek:

That said there is the widespread belief among Christians that all national leaders are chosen by God for His purpose, even (gasp) Democrats. :swoon:

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Shouldn't it be 100% if the fake flood happened?

It is science that has constructed a 'fake' flood in order to debunk it. Very clever of you guys. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0