Georgia
✟69,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I originally read it was "scariest" that's good it's "favorite" instead. I have to go with Constanine with Keanu Reeves. You could argue it's more action, but it's creepy in its portrayal of demons walking among us.:eek:

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟688,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I LOVE The Lost Boys! It's one of my favorite movies! Can't go wrong with vampire motorcycle gangs in the 1980's!

I used to be obsessed with Nightmare on Elm Street during my teen years. I loved Freddy's evil sense of humor. It really gave him personality which is something not too developed with most slasher horror icons.

I also watched Happy Death Day at theaters a week or two ago. It's basically Groundhog Day and Scream mix together. I enjoyed it even if it wasn't the most original slasher.

Happy death day? I have to check that out when it comes out on DVD. I rent videos from Netflix.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟688,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I originally read it was "scariest" that's good it's "favorite" instead. I have to go with Constanine with Keanu Reeves. You could argue it's more action, but it's creepy in its portrayal of demons walking among us.:eek:

I got to check that one out as well. I'm always looking for good movies to watch.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Bibb

Jan 6, 2016
Alabama
✟10,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Stanley Kubrick's The Shining is one of my favorites. Nowhere near as good as the book but as a movie itself, it is amazing. Jack Nicholson, of course, does an amazing job acting and the picture quality of the film looks great; especially for the time it was filmed. Insidious is another favorite. That one is probably the only modern horror movie that has actually scared me. Most modern horror movies are too cheesy these days. Hopefully these Stephen King reboots are gonna take off. I'm a big Dark Tower fan and I hope Steven King's film universe is more successful this time around.

Upvote 0

Servant68

Sleepless 300 miles from Seattle
Jun 30, 2015
The Pacific Northwest
✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Not a fan of gory/slasher movies with stupid people putting themselves in stupid positions.(OK, I forgot about "Dale and Tucker vs. Evil". Funny and brilliant)

But a well-made creepy thriller like The Shining can be enjoyable. I don't like any movie that shows Christians as powerless against evil and praying to Jesus or God has no effect. I think it's blasphemous. Jesus has power over all demons and we do as well by invoking his name in faith. I've experienced this first hand and it is powerful.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Waddler

Live a story worth telling well.
Jul 19, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
✟27,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Below doesn't break any cinematic ground, but it's a good, solid story set on a WW2 submarine. I like stories that have a mystery to them, instead of just scary monsters eating stupid people (zombie movies are the exception for me, to an extent).

I also like psychological thrillers that aren't exactly scary, but that twist your brain a bit. Secret Window was good for that, and Identity to a lesser extent.

Upvote 0

Blessed Each Day

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2017
Georgia
✟69,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Below doesn't break any cinematic ground, but it's a good, solid story set on a WW2 submarine. I like stories that have a mystery to them, instead of just scary monsters eating stupid people (zombie movies are the exception for me, to an extent).

I also like psychological thrillers that aren't exactly scary, but that twist your brain a bit. Secret Window was good for that, and Identity to a lesser extent.
Identity was a mind-bender for sure, that ending was unique.

Reactions: Waddler
Upvote 0

Blessed Each Day

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2017
Georgia
✟69,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
There's a movie that averts that. It's called Jeepers Creepers.

It's about a demonic monster that eats certain body parts to make them part of it and goes after two teenagers because one of them has something it wants. There's a scene where there's an older lady (who is a psychic who foresees these things and tries to warn the teens) is reciting the Lord's prayer as the monster crawls on the wall towards her. The monster grabs her, sniffs her and lets her go and goes after someone else instead.
Very true, I honestly liked the second one as well, besides the corny acting throughout.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Bibb

Jan 6, 2016
Alabama
✟10,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not a fan of gory/slasher movies with stupid people putting themselves in stupid positions.(OK, I forgot about "Dale and Tucker vs. Evil". Funny and brilliant)

But a well-made creepy thriller like The Shining can be enjoyable. I don't like any movie that shows Christians as powerless against evil and praying to Jesus or God has no effect. I think it's blasphemous. Jesus has power over all demons and we do as well by invoking his name in faith. I've experienced this first hand and it is powerful.
It's been years since I've seen Insidious so I can't remember. Was it that film that had the anti-christian themes you spoke of? If its in any of the sequels, I've only seen the first one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sif

Nov 11, 2015
Rocky Mountain Region
✟307,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
What are your favorite scary movies or TV shows?

I like the classic Lost Boys. I'm planning on watching it on Halloween night.
My favorites are The Thing (1982 and the 2011 prequel) and Alien (1979. I really dislike what Ridley Scott has done to the franchise with the latest films)

For horror TV shows I always liked Millennium. The character of Lucy Butler was very creepy.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟688,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Stanley Kubrick's The Shining is one of my favorites. Nowhere near as good as the book but as a movie itself, it is amazing. Jack Nicholson, of course, does an amazing job acting and the picture quality of the film looks great; especially for the time it was filmed. Insidious is another favorite. That one is probably the only modern horror movie that has actually scared me. Most modern horror movies are too cheesy these days. Hopefully these Stephen King reboots are gonna take off. I'm a big Dark Tower fan and I hope Steven King's film universe is more successful this time around.

The Shining?

Thank you very much for the info. I will definitely check that one out. Like I said, I'm always looking for good movies to watch.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟688,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
On another forum I used to go on, this one user would watch one horror movie each day in October as part of his Halloween tradition. If I have of doing this myself when there was a video rental place in my town. Too bad Netflix put it out of business. :(

I know what you mean. I would still would rather rent from the video store here in my town, but they were put out of business as well. I enjoy going into the video stores and talking to the clerks about some of the great movies that are just coming out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jonathan Bibb

Jan 6, 2016
Alabama
✟10,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know what you mean. I would still would rather rent from the video store here in my town, but they we put out of business as well. I enjoy going into the video stores and talking to the clerks about some of the great movies that are just coming out.
Physical media is best imo.

Upvote 0