Lake Stevens
✟21,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been reading threads about Jesus's return and all this stuff about September 23 and it's been giving me great anxiety. I have been feeling good because I've been doing a bible study and have been praying everyday, but I haven't been doing as much as I should. I mean couldn't we all do more? Anyways that wasn't what I wanted to touch on. I see so many people so ready for Jesus to return and can't wait, that's the opposite of me. I'm terrified for him to return because I'm not ready and I don't think I will be raptured or taken into heaven and that terrifies me.

I actually got the cold sweats thinking about it. It's very terrifying for me. I just really need God but I feel lost. Like there's so much spiritually that is messed up in me I think. Like my thought pattern and they way I process things that it makes me trying to having a relationship with God harder. I've been praying for God to help me to stop accossiating him with my feelings because I do that SOOO much and I know it's hurting me spiritually. It's hard :/ It feels (there we go with that word) like I'll never get there. UGH other people make it sound so easy to just stop feeling and to know that God is there and he loves you.

You know where it says in the Bible those who come to Jesus must first believe he exists etc.. I start to think, do I really believe in God, do I really believe in Jesus and then I start to get scared like what if I'm just pretending to try and have a relationship with God but I'm not actually. Not saying that God doesn't exist I'm saying like what if I'm not chosen or what not and I spiritually can't have a relationship with God.

Also I'm just upset that I have so much wrong with me. It would take an actually miracle for me to have a real personal relationship with Jesus. But how that miracle will take place is beyond me. I'm in a very scary place. Coming to terms with my spiritual needs is honestly horrifying. I don't know what to do :/ after reading what I wrote it's scary how much doubt I'm having. I don't know how many times I've said the sinners pray and accepted Jesus into my heart and desire to live for him. I just don't understand why it's so hard for me. I'm sad.

(sorry this was long, I just needed to vent)

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Luke 17
5 And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith.

Mark 9
24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

Barnes' Notes on the Bible Luke 17:5
Increase our faith - This duty of forgiving offences seemed so difficult to the disciples that they strongly felt the need of an increase of faith. They felt that they were prone themselves to harbor resentments, and that it required an additional increase of true religion to enable them to comply with the requirements of Jesus. We may learn from this:

1. That Jesus has "the power" of increasing the faith of his people. Strength comes from him, and especially strength to believe the gospel. Hence, he is called the "Author and Finisher" of our faith, Hebrews 12:2.

2. The duty of forgiving offences is one of the most difficult duties of the Christian religion. It is so contrary to our natural feelings; it implies such elevation above the petty feelings of malice and revenge, and is so contrary to the received maxims of the world, which teach us to "cherish" rather than to forgive the memory of offences, that it is no wonder our Saviour dwells much on this duty, and so strenuously insists on it in order to our having evidence that our hearts have been changed.

Isaiah 41
10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

John 10
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

John 14
27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Jesus is the Good Shepherd; His sheep are safe.

God bless.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Ignore people claiming to know dates of His return. They are false prophets. The bible says no one will no the day. So thus anyone giving a day is dangerous and should be avoided.
:amen:

Upvote 0

M. O. Richlane

https://sfishy81.wixsite.com/homebasedonlinejob
Sep 3, 2017
Manila
✟15,213.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've been reading threads about Jesus's return and all this stuff about September 23 and it's been giving me great anxiety. I have been feeling good because I've been doing a bible study and have been praying everyday, but I haven't been doing as much as I should. I mean couldn't we all do more? Anyways that wasn't what I wanted to touch on. I see so many people so ready for Jesus to return and can't wait, that's the opposite of me. I'm terrified for him to return because I'm not ready and I don't think I will be raptured or taken into heaven and that terrifies me.

I actually got the cold sweats thinking about it. It's very terrifying for me. I just really need God but I feel lost. Like there's so much spiritually that is messed up in me I think. Like my thought pattern and they way I process things that it makes me trying to having a relationship with God harder. I've been praying for God to help me to stop accossiating him with my feelings because I do that SOOO much and I know it's hurting me spiritually. It's hard :/ It feels (there we go with that word) like I'll never get there. UGH other people make it sound so easy to just stop feeling and to know that God is there and he loves you.

You know where it says in the Bible those who come to Jesus must first believe he exists etc.. I start to think, do I really believe in God, do I really believe in Jesus and then I start to get scared like what if I'm just pretending to try and have a relationship with God but I'm not actually. Not saying that God doesn't exist I'm saying like what if I'm not chosen or what not and I spiritually can't have a relationship with God.

Also I'm just upset that I have so much wrong with me. It would take an actually miracle for me to have a real personal relationship with Jesus. But how that miracle will take place is beyond me. I'm in a very scary place. Coming to terms with my spiritual needs is honestly horrifying. I don't know what to do :/ after reading what I wrote it's scary how much doubt I'm having. I don't know how many times I've said the sinners pray and accepted Jesus into my heart and desire to live for him. I just don't understand why it's so hard for me. I'm sad.

Hello there. I am a new member here but I am happy to share my thoughts with you.

Being scared or terrified that you may not be taken when rapture comes for me is normal. I think this is actually good. It will help you keep yourself in check when it comes to your Christian living. It will help you work harder when it comes to living according to God's will.

A true saved Christian knows he is saved if he understands how he got his salvation. It is not through our own works alone (Doing good, praying etc), it is only through the work of God(Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,).

All of us have been saved by Jesus blood when He died on the cross. However not all people believe in this. Only those who believed and have faith in Jesus without any doubt is saved (Hebrews 7:25 Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.)

Christian living comes after this. If you know that Jesus saved us then we must live as good Christians. Even saved ones will face judgement.

What I can advised you is to always remember that we humans fall short, that only faith in Jesus' bloodshed on the cross has erased our sins in the eyes of the Heavenly Father. Believe in this with all your heart and ask God for mercy. By accepting the truth of how Jesus' blood saved you it already made you not a sinner but a child of God. God treats sinners (those who do not believe in their salvation through Jesus but through their works) and His children (those who were adopted by God as His children by faith in Jesus) differently. Pray for mercy. Pray for knowledge. Always read the Bible.

I have been a Christian for a long time (Catholic) and I believe in Jesus but I do not understand how he became my savior. God gave me mercy and introduced our family to people who knows the true salvation. I have been a Born Again Christian after I was saved. Before this, I have read the Bible many times but never understood it and is being haunted if my faith is true, that I still sinned a lot, if I will go to heaven. After knowing and believing my salvation I understood the Bible, I am sure of my faith in Jesus and I know He will take me with Him when time comes. I am still afraid, I will not lie, but I am also filled with xcitement at the same time.

I will pray for your true salvation to come.

Reactions: -GodsGirl-
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,619.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

That woman in Revelations is also known in the ancient Egyptian mythology.

Egyptian myth referred to this woman as the "queen of the desert" and also matched the same description in Revelations. Revelations also quoted this woman fleeing to the desert.

Depiction of this woman in Egyptian myth has head of desert fox or desert Jackal like Anubis.

Ironically, there are also references in the Bible about evil spirits (or a singular female spirit) fleeing to the desert where jackals make abode.

Doesn't implicate the return of Christ...but may manifest that woman indicated. I might have encountered that woman in the past and her presence is a bad omen for her manifestation is anything but safe to everyone.

That sign could mean we are headed to the end of this age where billions could lose their lives.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Well, I think your CF name is a pretty good indication of what you think about God and you know what, none of us has our relationship with God where it probably could be because in the end, we all fall a little sometimes. But the good news is that God is faithful and just. Not us, but God. And Jesus tells us all who come to Him, He will accept.

Have confidence in what God says in His Word. Devote a small amount of time each day to God in prayer and Bible reading, like 20 minutes, 10 minutes in prayer and 10 minutes in the Bible. Just grow your relationship and what you learn about Him. You will be fine.

Reactions: -GodsGirl-
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

-GodsGirl-

Mar 19, 2017
Lake Stevens
✟21,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks everyone. I do feel encouraged. It's just so much work I don't know if I can endure it. But I mean I've already been through a lot and I haven't given up yet so. I just get confused when you say believe with all your heart. Like what exactly does that mean. I don't know how to or else I would do it.

Upvote 0