Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
With everything that's going on, I am scared of the Mark of the Beast. I heard some people actually think the whole wearing masks thing is mark of the beast? I sincerely hope it's not because then I am screwed.

I am scared that when the Anti Christ comes I won't recognize it and I'll be deceived.I don't want to be. I want to remain faithful to God and not take that mark, no matter if it means being tortured. Or killed.

If I die, so be it. Because I know the eternal rewards will be greater than anything. Would I be scared at the prospect of dying? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't. I don't know what getting my head chopped off would feel like. (shudders). But I'd rather be in Heaven. And I would pray that God would be with me and help me face death boldly and with courage. I'd also pray that I would have the courage of those that died defying evil people like Hitler.

Any advice to help me not be worried would be appreciated.

Not to worry Celticroots. Teh mark will not be instituted until the "Antichrist" is ruling the world and the church will not be here to see that happen! No one will take the mark by mistake or unknowingly. The bible makes it clear in other passges outside of revelation, that peopel will freely accept the mark!

Upvote 0

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟176,513.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Who said wearing a mask is the mark of the beast?

If so I've been screwed long before this even happened, because I need an N95 dust mask when I was working with flying particles of asbestos and various clouds of dust during construction.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If it's a thing that exists, or has existed at some point, then there's a good chance that someone, somewhere, tried to spread fear and paranoia about it. Because human beings are pretty good at being ridiculous like that.

Contextually, the "mark of the beast" is an indicator of one's allegiance to the beast. That means that one one can't accidentally get the mark.

Frankly, I think the most biblical explanation for the mark of the beast is that it is like other marks and seals mentioned in the Bible. In Deuteronomy God instructs the Israelites to wear a mark upon their foreheads and right hands, that mark being God's Law. This is why orthodox Jews traditionally wear teffilin, small boxes on straps containing portions of the Torah around their foreheads and on their right hand. Now I don't think the command is about literally wearing boxes, but rather it's about marking the Jews as God's covenant people under the Torah which He gave them. In a similar way we read that we have been sealed with the Holy Spirit in the New Testament, and in fact even in the Revelation itself it mentions God's mark and seal upon the foreheads of His people.

It isn't a literal mark, like an article of clothing, or a tattoo, or a microchip, or anything like that. It's rather about allegiance.

In the Revelation one of the things that is made very clear is the demarcation between one's allegiance to the Beast or one's allegiance to the Lamb.

Now I believe that what John is talking about is historically and contextually about ancient Roman imperial power. The Beast is specifically Nero (the one whose name adds up to six hundred and sixty six) but is more broadly the power wielded by the emperors. Which is why we see that Babylon (Rome) rides upon a beast colored with the imperial scarlet/purple. And, the text goes out of its way to tell us that Babylon is a city that sits upon seven hills, and that the many heads of the beast are a series of kings.

So John's concern is the struggle of the Church under the heel of Roman oppression, that's why he addresses the book to the seven churches in Asia (these are seven real, actual, historical churches), no different than the way that Paul wrote Romans to the Church in Rome, or that he wrote Philippians to the Church in Philippi.

The issue centers on whether, when the world strikes, do we make our allegiance with Christ even though we may very well suffer for this, or do we make our allegiance with the powers of this world and thereby deny our Savior? Well, the message of the Apocalypse is to cling to Jesus, to endure, to fight the good fight, to carry on--even in the midst of suffering.

Christ has already won, let us believe and trust in Him.

Then don't listen to people trying to scare you. Believe the Gospel.

-CryptoLutheran
I disagree.. it will be a literal mark.. It will be a sign and a quick glance will tell you that the person belongs to the beast.

• Agree
Reactions: Running2win
Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
With everything that's going on, I am scared of the Mark of the Beast. I heard some people actually think the whole wearing masks thing is mark of the beast? I sincerely hope it's not because then I am screwed.

I am scared that when the Anti Christ comes I won't recognize it and I'll be deceived.I don't want to be. I want to remain faithful to God and not take that mark, no matter if it means being tortured. Or killed.

If I die, so be it. Because I know the eternal rewards will be greater than anything. Would I be scared at the prospect of dying? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't. I don't know what getting my head chopped off would feel like. (shudders). But I'd rather be in Heaven. And I would pray that God would be with me and help me face death boldly and with courage. I'd also pray that I would have the courage of those that died defying evil people like Hitler.

You will not take the mark of the beast on accident. You will have to worship something to take it, you will know that the beast is your God when you take it.
The mask is just, a public health thing, you wear one as a prudent precaution and courtesy for others that may be more vulnerable to a virus that you may not be aware you are carrying.
The mark is not going to be something you can take off and discard if you change your mind about it. You will not be killed for not wearing a mask.

Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

doctorwho29

May 20, 2011
Belton, TX
✟139,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I disagree.. it will be a literal mark.. It will be a sign and a quick glance will tell you that the person belongs to the beast.

That is what seems to make the most sense. It does seem to be within Satan's character to brand his own like cattle.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
As for what the mark of the beast may be, it could be an implant or chip (note the KJV verse about the mark says it will be IN their right hand or IN their forehead Revelation 13:16-17) connected to a cashless cryptocurrency system that becomes the world's new economy, or social credit score, but to get it you're going to have to pledge some sort of allegiance or loyalty, that could manifest as signing a consent form or or license agreement since it's connected to software. Be aware that we're subjected to such consent forms and license agreements all the time and have been conditioned not to read them. Maybe we should as Christians, carefully read what we're agreeing to.
But it'll also be instituted when we have a 1 world government and a leader of that 1 world government, with a 1 world economy, and 1 world religion, with a leader that leads people to actively worship and praise the world leader.

Realize that Christians who have not read the bible or only have a precursory understanding, and don't know that the man of sin is revealed BEFORE Jesus returns, will be deceived into thinking this world leader is Jesus' second coming. They'll think He's returned because he is solving all the world's problems (note the capitalization on the male pronouns and understand), and think that He is now reigning from Jerusalem, but he will be performing the abomination of desolation. Realize that Jews who have rejected Jesus will now accept THIS "Jesus" as their messiah. Realize that the Muslims are awaiting the return of Isa, son of Mary (their version of Jesus, who did not actually die, was not the son of God, did not die for your sins, was not resurrected, but instead escaped death through a deception and was raised into heaven bodily), who will accompany the Mahdi which we will know as the false prophet. Realize that Buddhists are awaiting the Maitreya, the successor to Buddha, and many Buddhists believe that Jesus Christ was also a successor to Buddha, and consider Him to be a bodhisattva (enlightened one), so they think this Maitreya is the reincarnation of Jesus and Buddha. Hindus are awaiting Kalki, the 10th Avatar of Vishnu, who will end the Kali Yuga (the current age) and bring about a new golden age.

When a man comes and leads the world and seemingly brings about this golden age, and people who follow these religions all think that signs of their promised one point to him and they all realize that they've all been waiting for the same promised being, they will unite. They will willingly worship the antichrist because they will all believe that he is divine, that he is God, and the Antichrist will make that claim himself.

Now for bible believing Christians who do NOT believe this man is the second coming of Jesus. They'll be in the minority, they'll be outsiders, and even Christians who have followed this delusion will think they are heretics and want them dead.
That is why people will actually be killed for refusing the mark, because it is a refusal to pledge loyalty and worship to the man who is ruling the world from Jerusalem that they believe is Jesus.

So until we have a 1 world economy, a 1 world government, and 1 world leader, there's no mark of the beast, because who's the beast that'd be worshiped, and why would anyone be executed for not doing something unless we have those 3 things stirring the world into a bloodthirsty frenzy?
We might be close, we might be in what Jesus refers to "the beginning of sorrows", I believe we are, but I could be wrong, it could be hundreds or even thousands of years from now but that'd surprise me because of how bad the world is right now.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
That is what seems to make the most sense. It does seem to be within Satan's character to brand his own like cattle.
I agree.. And, it will be something people will be proud of, visual and readily convenient in order to purchase something or identify yourself to authorities checking for those who rebel.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I agree.. And, it will be something people will be proud of, visual and readily convenient in order to purchase something or identify yourself to authorities checking for those who rebel.

For them it'd just be like wearing a cross necklace or tshirt with a bible verse on it or some other pro Jesus apparel or some people get Cross or Jesus tattoos or something like that and they're not ashamed of them because they are wearing their faith openly, for them the beast will be God/Jesus.
So they'll be proud to be his.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jollybear

Nov 22, 2007
✟12,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Google Image Result for https://i.imgflip.com/3u835g.jpg

Upvote 0

martymonster

Veteran
Dec 15, 2006
✟175,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

You're worrying for nothing. Firstly, the mark is a spiritual mark, and secondly, God has already received the mark, before the world began. Thirdly, you are not going to an imaginary place called hell, even if you have the mark. That's pure church doctrine.

Upvote 0

doctorwho29

May 20, 2011
Belton, TX
✟139,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You're worrying for nothing. Firstly, the mark is a spiritual mark, and secondly, God has already received the mark, before the world began. Thirdly, you are not going to an imaginary place called hell, even if you have the mark. That's pure church doctrine.

I'm just curious, what makes you sure that it's spiritual? Revelation seems pretty clear.

Upvote 0

thelord's_pearl

Dec 5, 2018
ON
✟32,481.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My advice is to stop listening to vain imaginations of premillennialism/Pre-Tribulation nonsenses and start reading the Bible yourself. It's just this type of confusion that permeates the church and leaves everyone wondering ...where is the truth! All the rampant speculations about the mark today are just that--speculation. On top of their theories of Physical Nations at war with each other, A new Temples being re-built, attacks by Russia or Iraq on Israel, an evil man coming from Europe, a Messiah coming to reign physically on a throne in Middle Eastern Jerusalem, face masking, vaccines, new world order, chips, etc. as the mark of the beast, it's all from the imaginations of men. There are even some people who insisted that the beast is symbolic yet the mark of that beast puts on people is literal?! How is that a consistent hermeneutic in any way whatsoever!

I assure you that the Scripture does NOT talk about a "physical" mark that everyone is talking about in the news, youtube, etc. They believe that there will be a physical mark on the right hand or forehead in order to buy food, a house, clothing, etc. or face death under the rule of their so-called Antichrist, blah, blah. Rather, God is talking about a SPIRITUAL MARK upon unfaithful people WITHIN His congregation prior to Second Coming to divide His people before His return. He is specific about it.

Let me explain...

In the language of Revelation the mark is "symbolizing" they betray Christ and His church, turn away from God and serve the family of Satan. Yes, they were always unsaved and never regenerated, but they also were in some sense sanctified (1st Corinthians 7:14; Hebrews 10:29) by being members of God's household among His Holy Spirit, even though they were unsaved. They were members in the same way as the Scribes and Pharisees were seated in the Old Testament Congregation of Christ and were peripheral believers (Luke 8:13) appointed to rule there, and then fell as the congregation was removed out of its place, "and yet" they were never true believers. Their falling was a sign that marked their end as part of the congregation of God.

Matthew 23:2
  • "Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
  • All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not."
They were not true believers and yet were seated in the congregation, but like the church, they were deceived, even as a part of God's external covenanted church. Yes, the mark of the beast means they "sold out" to Satan and became his doulos or servant/slave to betray Christ. Likewise, those in the church marked refers to those in God's house who have been "given up" to betray their father's house.

God is talking about the "particular unsaved" people WITHIN HIS CONGREGATION who fell away from God now serve Satan. Not talking about all unsaved in the world, but these unsaved in the church. For example, this has to 'symbolize" something to "received" in the time of great evil and strong delusion in the church that marks them for destruction. For example, apostasy!

The context is that all "received" the mark who bowed down to worship this beast that arose, and only these at this time could buy and sell. By the same token, those who didn't apostatize (True Christians) to worship the beast did not "receive" this mark and were "then" not allowed to buy and sell.

Revelation 13:14-16
  • "And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
  • And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
  • And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:"

Exactly what to "buy and sell" if one has a mark. They are marked by Satan in order to buy His false doctrines coming out of the false prophets and Christs in the church!

Again it, not a "symbol" of merely being born in trespass and sin as a slave to Satan like all the unsaved in the world outside the church, but a symbol of something happening to some "particular unsaved" afterward when they are in God's house and succumb to worship the beast. We were all born in trespass and sin, but we all don't receive this mark to buy and sell. Clearly it is "only" those who were deceived. Deceived and fallen away to worship the beast "equals" receive the mark!

While the professed Christians around us "receive" this mark in order to "buy and sell", which is a symbol of working in the church buying and selling false doctrines. But the True Christians who refuse to buy and sell because they are upheld to refuse to worship the beast or receive his mark or paternal name. By the Spirit of God, the elect refuses to join that family, kinship or generation of evil.

Matthew 3:7
  • "But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?"
A family of snakes WITHIN God's congregation who are scribed/marked to not be able to escape the damnation of hell, fallen to serve their father the Devil. The "mark" is a symbol of "particular unsaved people" in the church betraying Christ and joining Satan's family, and becoming a part of those who no longer worship God, but themselves! To have the mark of Satan's family on your right hand means you are doing the will of the devil, or on your forehead, means you have same mind as the Devil by agreed to His doctrines being preached in the church. For example, professed Christians go to Joel Osteen's church. Joel Osteen is obviously a false prophet and lying motivational speaker who sells (preaching) false doctrine of prosperity, feel-good gospel where no judgment is allowed, tolerates homosexuals, etc. You get the picture. So the professed Christians agree (mind) with Joel's doctrines by buying his "Your Best Life Now" type of books, and shares this with your family, friends, etc. This is how they have "received" the mark of the Beast on their forehead (mind) or right hand to do the will of the devil by spreading his false doctrines. And they get offended by true Christians who have refused to support Joel Osteen's doctrine saying he is a false prophet. Professed Christians will get angry and accused the truth Christians for being unloving, unkind, judgemental, insensitive, not politically correct, etc. Sounds familiar?

Revelation 13:15 KJV
[15] And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

True Christians are conformed to the image (doctrine) of Christ. The Professed Christian conformed to the image (doctrine) of the Beast. And the professed Christians will cause many True Christians to be "killed". Being killed means that the truthful testimony of the True Christians has been silenced as you can see that many Churches are starting to falling away with many false prophets and christs ruling there where the Truthful Testimony is no longer heard in the church. Because of this, God will allow the beast to force everyone who has not yet sealed by God (Revelation 9:1-6) WITHIN the church to receive the mark of the beast as a judgment so they will be prepared to be thrown in the lake of fire when Christ returns.

Sadly, this is already taking place right now in the church where many professed Christians are looking for a physical fulfillment and physical mark to justify their false doctrines who are unaware that they may already have the dreadful spiritual mark!

2 Peter 1:10 KJV
[10] Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

All you have to do to make sure your election sure by believe God's Word and you will never fall. No physical mark can change that unless you have not yet sealed by God and believe beast's lies.
sounds right, receiving mark of the beast on right hand or on your forehead refers to what you're doing, following the will of the devil and denying Christ or having the mind of the devil? I will have to study this myself though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

martymonster

Veteran
Dec 15, 2006
✟175,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm just curious, what makes you sure that it's spiritual? Revelation seems pretty clear.

Clear in what sense? Revelation is made up of signs and symbols.
The mark is on the forehead and the right hand, for a reason. It's it you thoughts and your actions that determine who has the mark.

Rev 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

It stands to reason, that if the seal of God is spiritual, then so is the mark of the beast.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PerpetuaPolyphemus

Aug 3, 2020
Bozeman
✟8,206.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
John 10:27-28
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Personally I believe Revelation has already passed. Check out postmillenialism.

Upvote 0

martymonster

Veteran
Dec 15, 2006
✟175,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

That's a shame. You have a one third Christ.

Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

We live in a world without sin and without death? news to me.

• Agree
Reactions: Running2win
Upvote 0