Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If not taking the mark means I get beheaded then so be it. I am not risking my soul. But why beheading specifically? And by what means? Axe and block? Guillotine?

No one is beheaded for not taking the mark of the beast.
Although they do not worship the beast or recieve it's mark, those who are beheaded, are beheaded for thier testimony of Jesus. They are killed for preaching the gospel. It's just dangerous to preach the gospel in some parts of the world. In some countries its illegal and in others you are killed.
Just look what happened to Jesus for confessing who he is. If you testify that Jesus is the Christ you could end up in prison, beaten or killed in some places.

Revelation 20:4 Then I saw the thrones, and those seated on them had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image, and had not received its mark on their foreheads or hands. And they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
With everything that's going on, I am scared of the Mark of the Beast. I heard some people actually think the whole wearing masks thing is mark of the beast? I sincerely hope it's not because then I am screwed.

I am scared that when the Anti Christ comes I won't recognize it and I'll be deceived.I don't want to be. I want to remain faithful to God and not take that mark, no matter if it means being tortured. Or killed.

If I die, so be it. Because I know the eternal rewards will be greater than anything. Would I be scared at the prospect of dying? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't. I don't know what getting my head chopped off would feel like. (shudders). But I'd rather be in Heaven. And I would pray that God would be with me and help me face death boldly and with courage. I'd also pray that I would have the courage of those that died defying evil people like Hitler.

Any advice to help me not be worried would be appreciated.

Here is an accurate location where the antichrist is found. It's a little country in the pleasant land.

Daniel 8:9 From one of these horns a little horn emerged and grew extensively toward the south and the east and toward the Beautiful Land.

It is there, where the saints are killed for thier testimony of Christ.

Daniel 7:21 KJV: I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;

Jesus instructs those saints to preach the gospel in all of Israel where it is illegal.

Matthew 10:23 When they persecute you in one town, flee to the next. Truly I tell you, you will not reach all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

You can say, they do exactly what he tells them to do and they follow in his footsteps.

Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Check out Jesus's promises that he will loose none of those who are his.
Also look into just what Jesus gave up, endured and suffered in order to save you.

If Jesus loves you enough to do all that, has the ability to fulfill all of God's commands and prophercies, then is he able to keep the promise not to loose those who are his?

May I suggest that you stop following end time forums, you tubes, books etc they are clearly worrying you.
Accept the only fact we know about the end times.

Jesus is coming again.

Ignore everything else and concentrate on living now for him.
Great Advice Friend
Ronit

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If Jesus loves you enough to do all that, has the ability to fulfill all of God's commands and prophercies, then is he able to keep the promise not to loose those who are his?
I especially agree with this. If I were you, Celtic Roots, I'd focus on studying this to ease your mind.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If not taking the mark means I get beheaded then so be it. I am not risking my soul. But why beheading specifically? And by what means? Axe and block? Guillotine?

You guys don't get it.

God is not necessarily talking about blood bath for those who take the mark fo the beast.

The Bible speaks in clear law and it also speaks in principles, which are also the law. For example, to hate someone is for all intents and purposes, murder. It's a principle, a direct outgrowth of law! Thus participate in hate, and you've broken the law of murder! Something with adultery. If you look at someone lustily, you already have adultery in your heart. This is how God sees things in your heart.

Revelation 20:4 KJV
[4] And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

In the whole New Testament Era, most Christians have been "beheaded" for their testimony of Truth because they are HATED by many for their truthful testimony. Not everyone has been physically beheaded as you believe. Not today, or will be in the future.

Therefore, in the time of the end, in the congregation of God, when Christians have refused to worship (agree) with the doctrines of the beast that taking stand therein, they will be hated by professed Christians. They are killed all day long!

Romans 8:36 KJV
[36] As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

This does not necessarily mean that ALL Christians will have their heads chopped off with an ax for their testimony. They are being hated (killed) for their truthful testimony.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Llleopard
Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
images.jpg

You may appreciate this book: A Father who Keeps His Promises: God's Covenant Love in Scripture - Google Search

Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Read and believe the Word of God. God has already told us what the Mark of the Beast is. don't let anyone tell you differently. Ask God for wisdom and listen to what He tells you. :yellowheart:

• Friendly
Reactions: Toro
Upvote 0

Running2win

Jul 20, 2020
St. Louis
✟25,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why do some people believe it's not anything material? It seems there's disagreement among Christians about what it will be.

And why would living in Israel affect the mark of the beast or not? (I don't.)

Bingo! There is tons of disagreement.

Get into the word and study it yourself. Jesus warned us not to be deceived before He comes again. You will find this in Mat 24-25, Mark 13, Luke 21. This will literally happen. Trust the word, trust Jesus. :oldthumbsup:

The mark of the Beast is talked about in Rev 13. The mark of the beast is tied with worshiping a man and idol that comes to power before Jesus comes again. He will defile a rebuilt Temple that will built over in Jerusalem/city of David, displaying himself as being God (or over God) by sitting in the Temple of God- 2nd Thess. 2.

He will have a false prophet that will tell everyone to worship him and institute the mark, he will also be able to do lying signs and wonders. This will be tied to this man (beast) getting a fatal head wound and coming back to life. His power will last for 3.5 years. He will persecute Christian and Jews-by his army, and anyone who will not worship him-Rev 12-13.

The beast will also rule over a 10 nation Kingdom, and it will be made up of all the Muslim nations that now surround Israel- thus a revived Caliphate, just like the man coming back to life.

They will cut off heads just like ISIS does. The primary area of His kingdom will in the Middle East, but he will have power over every nation-because he will have believers in every nation, similar to what we have seen already- Jihad. Without the mark, you won't be able to buy or sell anything. It will be visible and tied to worshiping a man, according to the Bible. This must be stressed. Anything else is not the mark.

Before the mark of the beast, an angel will warn the world not to take the mark- Rev 14:9-13. Two witnesses of God will arise too-Rev 11. So we are not there yet, but now is the time to prepare yourself spiritually. The stage is being set. Get into the word so you know these things. Jesus will come from the sky, not from the earth, this you can count on-Acts 1.

Any "messiah" that comes from the earth is a false messiah. Trust that what Jesus says in Mat 24 will literally happen. Watch Israel for events that happen there. All eyes will be on Israel before this goes down.

If you want more info about this. Joel Richardson' and free resources they are here:

Resources - Joel's Trumpet

Here's a good video. Trust in Jesus! Be strong in the Lord! Hope this helps! :)
Coronavirus: Has the First Seal Been Broken? - Joel's Trumpet
1“Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. 2“In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. 3“If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. 4“And you know the way where I am going.” 5Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?” 6Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If I die, so be it. Because I know the eternal rewards will be greater than anything.
Then do not worry about it anymore. Trust in the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth and be guided by His Holy Spirit into His truth. Be blessed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The mark of the beast is NOT anything material ... it is spiritual .... who you worship .... follow the life of Jesus .... walk in His steps .... follow the Lamb in all things.
The mark IS physical and it will be deep enough to draw blood as Satan will need to have a blood covenant just like the one he mimics... that of the blood covenant that Christ has with us.

• Agree
Reactions: Running2win
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
With everything that's going on, I am scared of the Mark of the Beast. I heard some people actually think the whole wearing masks thing is mark of the beast? I sincerely hope it's not because then I am screwed.

I am scared that when the Anti Christ comes I won't recognize it and I'll be deceived.I don't want to be. I want to remain faithful to God and not take that mark, no matter if it means being tortured. Or killed.

If I die, so be it. Because I know the eternal rewards will be greater than anything. Would I be scared at the prospect of dying? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't. I don't know what getting my head chopped off would feel like. (shudders). But I'd rather be in Heaven. And I would pray that God would be with me and help me face death boldly and with courage. I'd also pray that I would have the courage of those that died defying evil people like Hitler.

Don't worry..

Just like those that worry that they may have, by accident, committed the unforgivable or un pardonable sin....

You will not "accidentally" take the mark of the beast.

It will be on your right hand.. or forehead.
It will be mandatory or you will not be able to buy or sell.
It will be done to enable a cashless society and track your income, travel, any financial dealings and your employment.
In order to lose your chance of salvation you will need to both "take the mark" and "worship the beast"

In both of these scriptures below.. Two conditions must be met...For you to be eternally condemned.

1/ Worship the beast
2/ Take his mark.

Revelation 14:9

King James Version

9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

Revelation 13:15-16

King James Version

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

If you know the Lord Jesus Christ as your savior.. He will not allow you to take it.. He has promised to never let anyone snatch you out of His hand..

Also, you will have been raptured already anyway.

Reactions: Running2win
Upvote 0

GraceBro

Eternally Forgiven, Alive, and Secure.
Dec 24, 2017
Central Coast
Visit site
✟103,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Nothing can separate you from the love of God. He will never leave you or forsake you. You have been sealed with the promised Holy Spirit; guaranteeing what's to come. You have the assurance of salvation. You are sanctified. You are justified. You are forgiven. You are holy. You are perfect in His sight. You re are free from God's wrath. God is faithful to you. You are in fellowship with God. You have eternal life. And much more. Nobody even knows what the Mark of the Beast even is. Regardless, nothing can snatch you out of God's hand. Do not let your heart be troubled.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The mark of the beast has been here for centuries. It is not literal. It is a symbol of allegiance to any totalitarian government that forces compliance to wicked laws. The Lutherans and Reformed saw it in the Papacy. You can see it elsewhere with a spiritually trained eye.

If you are of the "rapture" mindset, this might help. https://twitter.com/hashtag/raptureanxiety?lang=en

Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

No one knows what the mark of the beast is because there is no 'beast' yet to have declared what it is. Anyone who points to something as being the mark of the beast, when there is not any beast as yet, is monumentally wrong to say that such and such is the mark of the beast.

People make those claims because their eschatological timing is off.

You're being unduly frightened over taking the mark in these days of the church age is similar to the believers in the first century who heard that the Day of the Lord had happened.
The apostle Paul assured them that The Day cannot occur until the church is raptured., then the antichrist appears and thus begins the seven year Tribulation. The apostle Paul stated that God has not destined us for wrath.
The body of Christ has to be taken out of the way because we collectively have the Holy Spirit in us, He prevents the antichrist from coming before his time to come.
Only when we're outta here, can the antichrist show up on the world's radar.

It's not even until the Great Tribulation (the second half of the seven years) that the antichrist erects an image of the beast and requires all people to take the mark that is economically based because without it none can buy or sell.

I'm going to use some humor to further address this, okay? Do you remember the commercial about the old woman saying "Where's the beef?"

Well, anytime that someone is talking about this or that being the mark of the beast.. just remember to think or say out loud "Where's the beast?"

Some have said that the social security cards is the mark of the beast. Ready? .. "Where's the beast?"

Some have said that it was the bar-code on all products, and some have said that the micro-chips are the mark of the beast. .. What's your reply? .. "Where's the beast?"

So now there is this latest claim of medical masks being the mark of the beast .. Can you say.. "Where's the beast?"

It's a wonder that people haven't said that social distancing is the mark of the beast...

But I hope that now you see the silliness of any of those would-be m.o.t.b. claims. :) .. and probably have some opinions about my humor too. :doh:

But, perhaps something I've written here will help to alleviate any worries.. if nothing else, wondering about my mental condition should help you to get your mind off yours.

• Winner
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No one knows what the mark of the beast is because there is no 'beast' yet to have declared what it is. Anyone who points to something as being the mark of the beast, when there is not any beast as yet, is monumentally wrong to say that such and such is the mark of the beast.

You're being unduly frightened over taking the mark in these days of the church age is similar to the believers in the first century who heard that the Day of the Lord had happened.
The apostle Paul assured them that The Day cannot occur until the church is raptured., then the antichrist appears and thus begins the seven year Tribulation. The apostle Paul stated that God has not destined us for wrath.
The body of Christ has to be taken out of the way because we collectively have the Holy Spirit in us, He prevents the antichrist from coming before his time to come.

It's not even until the Great Tribulation (the second half of the seven years) that the antichrist erects an image of the beast and requires all people to take the mark that is economically based because without it none can buy or sell.

I'm going to use some humor to further address this, okay? Do you remember the commercial about the old woman saying "Where's the beef?"

Well, anytime that someone is talking about this or that being the mark of the beast.. just remember to think or say out loud "Where's the beast?"

Some have said that the social security cards is the mark of the beast. Ready? .. "Where's the beast?"

Some have said that it was the bar-code on all products, and some have said that the micro-chips are the mark of the beast. .. What's your reply? .. "Where's the beast?"

So now there is this latest claim of medical masks being the mark of the beast .. Can you say.. "Where's the beast?"

It's a wonder that people haven't said that social distancing is the mark of the beast...

But I hope that now you see the silliness of any of those would-be m.o.t.b. claims. :) .. and probably have some opinions about my humor too. :doh:

But, perhaps something I've written here will help to alleviate any worries.. if nothing else, wondering about my mental condition should help you to get your mind off yours.
Can it be you do not recognize the beast in Church history? All of the Reformers said it was the Papacy.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,175.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

If it's a thing that exists, or has existed at some point, then there's a good chance that someone, somewhere, tried to spread fear and paranoia about it. Because human beings are pretty good at being ridiculous like that.

Contextually, the "mark of the beast" is an indicator of one's allegiance to the beast. That means that one one can't accidentally get the mark.

Frankly, I think the most biblical explanation for the mark of the beast is that it is like other marks and seals mentioned in the Bible. In Deuteronomy God instructs the Israelites to wear a mark upon their foreheads and right hands, that mark being God's Law. This is why orthodox Jews traditionally wear teffilin, small boxes on straps containing portions of the Torah around their foreheads and on their right hand. Now I don't think the command is about literally wearing boxes, but rather it's about marking the Jews as God's covenant people under the Torah which He gave them. In a similar way we read that we have been sealed with the Holy Spirit in the New Testament, and in fact even in the Revelation itself it mentions God's mark and seal upon the foreheads of His people.

It isn't a literal mark, like an article of clothing, or a tattoo, or a microchip, or anything like that. It's rather about allegiance.

In the Revelation one of the things that is made very clear is the demarcation between one's allegiance to the Beast or one's allegiance to the Lamb.

Now I believe that what John is talking about is historically and contextually about ancient Roman imperial power. The Beast is specifically Nero (the one whose name adds up to six hundred and sixty six) but is more broadly the power wielded by the emperors. Which is why we see that Babylon (Rome) rides upon a beast colored with the imperial scarlet/purple. And, the text goes out of its way to tell us that Babylon is a city that sits upon seven hills, and that the many heads of the beast are a series of kings.

So John's concern is the struggle of the Church under the heel of Roman oppression, that's why he addresses the book to the seven churches in Asia (these are seven real, actual, historical churches), no different than the way that Paul wrote Romans to the Church in Rome, or that he wrote Philippians to the Church in Philippi.

The issue centers on whether, when the world strikes, do we make our allegiance with Christ even though we may very well suffer for this, or do we make our allegiance with the powers of this world and thereby deny our Savior? Well, the message of the Apocalypse is to cling to Jesus, to endure, to fight the good fight, to carry on--even in the midst of suffering.

Christ has already won, let us believe and trust in Him.

Then don't listen to people trying to scare you. Believe the Gospel.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Why? That doesn’t make me feel any better.
I think because people feel that it will be mandatory ( whereas prior vaccines have for the most part not been. You had to have them to go to public school but you can homeschool. You have to have them in some cases to go abroad, but that is optional military and medical professionals usually have to have them but you can get away with refusing most vaccines People say that with this it will required to go out buy and sell and the like.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

doctorwho29

May 20, 2011
Belton, TX
✟139,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Christians will NOT be decieved. Revelation makes the signs of the mark achingly clear...so clear I get annoyed when people insist that silly things like masks are the mark. Actually I get angry. The mark is the name and/or number of the antichrist somehow placed on/in your right hand or forehead and it is accompanied by worship of him...explicit faith and worship of the image of the anti-christ. There is also the requirement to have it to buy or sell...these things have to come together or be coming together for it to be the mark

• Agree
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Celticroots

Jun 2, 2012
✟72,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Thank you!

Upvote 0