✟23,269.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi

I became Christian around may 10th 2020. I’m 17. Ppl I spent most of my time in fear of so much stuff like: end times, second return, unpardonable sin, sinful thoughts, lukewarm, Matthew 7:21, to name a few).

I prayed to God the Father and had love for God and read the Bible and stuff. I never felt close to Jesus.

The past month I was praying to Jesus and then because I’ve had a terrible thought pattern since may — I read in the Bible a verse that said cursed be Canaan lowest of the slaves, in Genesis. And another verse that said no one speaking by the spirit calleth Him accursed and another one about people cursing His name.

My head then has had a terrible cursing problem all months every day. And person I talk to and when I read stuff aswell and when I pray I get tempted to think cursing thoghts about.

My heart was soft for God. And like a week or two ago my heart started to go hard and I didn’t really notice and now since the past like week it’s been bad. My heart isn’t as soft for God as it used to be and the love. My heart doesn’t feel that soft for Jesus. Because of my heart it causes me head to have terrible thoughts. My head also has terrible thinking problems cursing thoughts and bad thoughts constantly I get tempted and feel compelled to think them. I didn’t read the Bible as much the past month. My heart doesn’t feel as soft towards God’s love. My heart feels hard and it’s scary. My heart also wasn’t as humble towards God either. I’m scared incase what if I’m scared for the wrong reasons. And not out of love for God. I don’t know what to do. I feel distant from God. I was asking Jesus to soften my heart and I watched a video about how to soften hard hearts or something and they said about asking Him for things and not obeying Him. My head has had a lot of bad thoughts and constantly and when I pray it feels distant.

Idk what do do and it’s sad my heart hardened towards God and gets tempted to think bad thoughts out of hardness I think. I’m scared of apostasy. Am I allowed to read the Bible.

Psalm 50:16

But to the wicked person, God says: "What right have you to recite my laws or take my covenant on your lips?

For months I was so scared of loosing God. I didn’t pray to God the Father as much and prayed to Jesus because I was scared because I didn’t feel emotions for Jesus as I did the Father and thought what if I don’t have a relationship with Jesus so I tried to just focus on Jesus and pray to Him. My head has had constant sinful thoughts (cursing thoughts mostly and about people even though I didn’t mean them my head is just obsessed and filled with it. I didn’t read the Bible as much this month and I was on my phone like all day every day. Pride aswell and not trusting God. I think it’s caused my heart to get hard towards God. My head thought thoughts about God and I’m scared because of my love for Him and my heart state towards Him and my heart doesn’t feel soft for Jesus.

I don’t know what to do. I want my heart to soften for God. I can barley eat because I feel scared. I’m also scared because of end time and how much time we have and my family need saved and I’m scared because idk what to do and I’m scared of apostasy and my heart towards God and Jesus. My head gets tempted to think things at everyone I look at but I don’t mean it I think it’s cause I’ve had the bad thoughts for so long. What if I don’t desire Jesus.

Thanks for reading :)

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi

I became Christian around may 10th 2020. I’m 17. Ppl I spent most of my time in fear of so much stuff like: end times, second return, unpardonable sin, sinful thoughts, lukewarm, Matthew 7:21, to name a few).

I prayed to God the Father and had love for God and read the Bible and stuff. I never felt close to Jesus.

The past month I was praying to Jesus and then because I’ve had a terrible thought pattern since may — I read in the Bible a verse that said cursed be Canaan lowest of the slaves, in Genesis. And another verse that said no one speaking by the spirit calleth Him accursed and another one about people cursing His name.

My head then has had a terrible cursing problem all months every day. And person I talk to and when I read stuff aswell and when I pray I get tempted to think cursing thoghts about.

My heart was soft for God. And like a week or two ago my heart started to go hard and I didn’t really notice and now since the past like week it’s been bad. My heart isn’t as soft for God as it used to be and the love. My heart doesn’t feel that soft for Jesus. Because of my heart it causes me head to have terrible thoughts. My head also has terrible thinking problems cursing thoughts and bad thoughts constantly I get tempted and feel compelled to think them. I didn’t read the Bible as much the past month. My heart doesn’t feel as soft towards God’s love. My heart feels hard and it’s scary. My heart also wasn’t as humble towards God either. I’m scared incase what if I’m scared for the wrong reasons. And not out of love for God. I don’t know what to do. I feel distant from God. I was asking Jesus to soften my heart and I watched a video about how to soften hard hearts or something and they said about asking Him for things and not obeying Him. My head has had a lot of bad thoughts and constantly and when I pray it feels distant.

Idk what do do and it’s sad my heart hardened towards God and gets tempted to think bad thoughts out of hardness I think. I’m scared of apostasy. Am I allowed to read the Bible.

But to the wicked person, God says: "What right have you to recite my laws or take my covenant on your lips?

For months I was so scared of loosing God. I didn’t pray to God the Father as much and prayed to Jesus because I was scared because I didn’t feel emotions for Jesus as I did the Father and thought what if I don’t have a relationship with Jesus so I tried to just focus on Jesus and pray to Him. My head has had constant sinful thoughts (cursing thoughts mostly and about people even though I didn’t mean them my head is just obsessed and filled with it. I didn’t read the Bible as much this month and I was on my phone like all day every day. Pride aswell and not trusting God. I think it’s caused my heart to get hard towards God. My head thought thoughts about God and I’m scared because of my love for Him and my heart state towards Him and my heart doesn’t feel soft for Jesus.

I don’t know what to do. I want my heart to soften for God. I can barley eat because I feel scared. I’m also scared because of end time and how much time we have and my family need saved and I’m scared because idk what to do and I’m scared of apostasy and my heart towards God and Jesus. My head gets tempted to think things at everyone I look at but I don’t mean it I think it’s cause I’ve had the bad thoughts for so long. What if I don’t desire Jesus.

Welcome. There is no fear in love. God is love. Be blessed.

Reactions: Emily7584
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hello, Emily. You said that you became a Christian a little while ago, but are you a Christian only by conviction? Do you belong to a church? Or are you "going it alone?"

If you are not a member and attendee at any local church, you should look into it. If you were to do so, the fellowship, guidance, and etc. that are the reason Christians are organization into congregations--along with the Bible Study groups and the like which they sponsor--would probably go a long way towards putting your doubts into proper perspective and give you peace of mind.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Emily7584

Aug 15, 2020
I love God
✟23,269.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello, Emily. You said that you became a Christian a little while ago, but are you a Christian only by conviction? Do you belong to a church? Or are you "going it alone?"

If you are not a member and attendee at any local church, you should look into it. If you were to do so, the fellowship, guidance, and etc. that are the reason Christians are organization into congregations--along with the Bible Study groups and the like which they sponsor--would probably go a long way towards putting your doubts into proper perspective and give you peace of mind.

I haven’t been to church I was doing it alone but messaged people online a lot and read online — I’m scared because of my heart towards God

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I haven’t been to church I was doing it alone but messaged people online a lot and read online — I’m scared because of my heart towards God
Well, Emily, you asked for our advice and mine is that you really need to become a member of a local church of your choosing. Start by visiting likely choices. There's no harm in that, and membership would be an issue only after you've made a choice.

Not only is this what the Bible teaches that the first Christians did but it has many benefits that are exactly related to the difficulties you described to us. And online advice about doctrine, God's will for us, etc., coming from all sorts of different people can only go so far and, honestly, it can also lead people astray or confuse them more.

Upvote 0

Emily7584

Aug 15, 2020
I love God
✟23,269.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, Emily, you asked for our advice and mine is that you really need to become a member of a local church of your choosing. Start by visiting likely choices. There's no harm in that, and membership would be an issue only after you've made a choice.

Not only is this what the Bible teaches that the first Christians did but it has many benefits that are exactly related to the difficulties you described to us. And online advice about doctrine, God's will for us, etc., coming from all sorts of different people can only go so far and, honestly, it can also lead people astray or confuse them more.
Ok thanks.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” -Matt 11:28-30​

The Gospel is good news. You can lay your burdens down and trust Jesus to do what you could not do yourself. Jesus knew we could not do it on our own, and that's why He willingly went to the cross - "for the joy set before Him" - that is, to set us free.

Many approach the Bible as a rule book, but are ignorant of the love of God behind it. Paul makes clear at 2Cor. 3 that the letter of the Law brings death, but that ours is a covenant of spirit, leading to life.

Hebrews tells us our works are dead. I would encourage you to feed on God's goodness, kindness, gentleness, and faithfulness. He started a good work in you, and He will finish it (Philippians 1.6). Take your stand on God's dual promise to us:

- If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. -1Jn 1:9​

Upvote 0

Emily7584

Aug 15, 2020
I love God
✟23,269.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” -Matt 11:28-30​

The Gospel is good news. You can lay your burdens down and trust Jesus to do what you could not do yourself. Jesus knew we could not do it on our own, and that's why He willingly went to the cross - "for the joy set before Him" - that is, to set us free.

Many approach the Bible as a rule book, but are ignorant of the love of God behind it. Paul makes clear at 2Cor. 3 that the letter of the Law brings death, but that ours is a covenant of spirit, leading to life.

Hebrews tells us our works are dead. I would encourage you to feed on God's goodness, kindness, gentleness, and faithfulness. He started a good work in you, and He will finish it (Philippians 1.6). Take your stand on God's dual promise to us:

- If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. -1Jn 1:9​
Thanks. I’m just scared because of my heart state towards God and Jesus. And incase what if my heart doesn’t desire Jesus enough

Upvote 0

paul1149

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That sounds like a morbid fear. God is not behind morbid fears.

The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring forever; - Psa 19:9​

The fear of the Lord draws you toward Him, not away from Him. Exercise faith in His goodness and draw near.

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. - Jas 4:8​

God is for you. Take Him up on His offer of rest. Taste and see that the Lord is good.

Upvote 0

Emily7584

Aug 15, 2020
I love God
✟23,269.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That sounds like a morbid fear. God is not behind morbid fears.

The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring forever; - Psa 19:9​

The fear of the Lord draws you toward Him, not away from Him. Exercise faith in His goodness and draw near.

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. - Jas 4:8​

God is for you. Take Him up on His offer of rest. Taste and see that the Lord is good.
My head just had horrible blasphemous thoughts.
I don’t feel emotion really and my heart doesn’t feel as soft for God and the love and stuff. My head gets tempted to say the word stupid. I’m scared and because I want a soft heart for God

I’m scared because incase I’m not humble towards God

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

paul1149

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
My head just had horrible blasphemous thoughts.
I don’t feel emotion really and my heart doesn’t feel as soft for God and the love and stuff. My head gets tempted to say the word stupid. I’m scared and because I want a soft heart for God

I’m scared because incase I’m not humble towards God
Those are intrusive thoughts in your head. They are not from your heart. If they were you wouldn't be trying to overcome them.

God knows what's going on and is not trying to condemn you. He wants to heal you. The way to be healed is through the power of His love.

For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ. - Jhn 1:17​

The law was given from on high, at a distance. It condemned us. Grace and truth came through Jesus, who walked among us as one of us.

For sin will not have dominion over you, because you are not under law but under grace. -Rom 6:14​

"Let those who walk in darkness trust in the name of the Lord their God" - Isaiah. Even if you can't feel Him, you can trust in His name.

Start trusting that Jesus is greater than your sin. Do a youtube search for Dan Mohler, how to resist the devil.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hi

Do you believe, are you really, deeply convinced, of God's incredible, faithful love for you? The simplest, best remedy for fear is to be fully settled in the truth of how enormously God loves you. (See: 1 John 4:16-19)

Love is where everything between you and God starts. The First and Great Commandment to us all isn't to go to church, or to get rid of some sinful habit, but to love Him with all of who you are. (See: Matthew 22:36-38) Loving God, though, begins with knowing and believing - really believing - He loves you more, far, far more, than anyone else ever has or will, with a love that moved Him to die for you.

Why not? It was Jesus who died on the cross for you. He was God in the flesh, just as much God as the Father in heaven. He is God with a face that can be seen. If you love God the Father, you should love His Son, too.

What do you mean by "love," by the way? A warm, fuzzy feeling of strong affection? This isn't what the Bible means by "love for God." At its core, love for God is longing for Him, desiring to know and walk with Him above all else, a thirsting to commune with Him. Here's how the Bible puts it:

Psalm 42:1-2
1 As the deer pants for the water brooks, So my soul pants for You, O God.
2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God; When shall I come and appear before God?

Psalm 63:1
1 O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly; My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You, In a dry and weary land where there is no water.

Love right at its core is desire. We chase after the things we desire. And the more we desire - love - a thing, the more we chase it and sacrifice to obtain it. Do you long for God? Are you chasing after Him?

Have you been submitting yourself to God's will and way all day, every day? Are you yielding yourself to His control all the time? (Romans 12:1; James 4:7; 1 Peter 5:6) Instead of letting yourself get caught up in obsessive thinking, use the times when you are being tempted to obsess as a trigger to submit to God. Every time you begin to obsess, yield yourself to God - even if you do so only seconds after the last time you submitted, again and again.

Cut down the lies at the heart of your obsessive fearfulness with God's truth. Find verses that speak to who you are in Jesus and begin to focus your thinking on them rather than on the things you obsess over. Write them down; even better, memorize them and fix your mind on them every time fear and obsessiveness rises within you. Do these things - submitting to God and focusing on His truth - and you'll get free of your fear and obsessiveness. I know: this is how I got free.

My heart was soft for God. And like a week or two ago my heart started to go hard and I didn’t really notice and now since the past like week it’s been bad. My heart isn’t as soft for God as it used to be and the love. My heart doesn’t feel that soft for Jesus. Because of my heart it causes me head to have terrible thoughts. My head also has terrible thinking problems cursing thoughts and bad thoughts constantly I get tempted and feel compelled to think them. I didn’t read the Bible as much the past month.

See above. Don't neglect Bible study. If you don't feed on God's word you will grow spiritually weak! You must be in God's word every day!

You know, God saves sinners, not perfect, godly people. He saves His enemies, those who are bound up by the devil, their own sinful desires, and the evil of the world. He moves toward foul, wicked people and draws them to Himself. He doesn't wait 'til they're good, and holy, and clean to save them. If your weakness and sin couldn't keep Him from you before you were saved, why do you think it can keep Him from you after you're saved? God loves you. He loves you so much He was willing to humiliate Himself, become one of us, suffer and die on a cross to save you from yourself. A God like this, who loves you this MUCH, can't be put off by your fear, and weakness, and sin. Believe it. Stand in the truth of His love for you and come free of fear.

God has made us all to be shaped to whatever we focus on. If you look at your fear, if you think about it and stress over it, don't be surprised when it grows and makes you even more fearful. Look instead at God, at His great love for you, and at His freedom-giving truth. Fix your attention on these things and in time, as you make a new habit of looking to God and His word, your fear will dissolve, replaced by stability within and joy.

Romans 8:15
15 For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!"

Romans 8:37-39
37 But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.
38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,
39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Emily7584

Aug 15, 2020
I love God
✟23,269.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you believe, are you really, deeply convinced, of God's incredible, faithful love for you? The simplest, best remedy for fear is to be fully settled in the truth of how enormously God loves you. (See: 1 John 4:16-19)

Love is where everything between you and God starts. The First and Great Commandment to us all isn't to go to church, or to get rid of some sinful habit, but to love Him with all of who you are. (See: Matthew 22:36-38) Loving God, though, begins with knowing and believing - really believing - He loves you more, far, far more, than anyone else ever has or will, with a love that moved Him to die for you.

Why not? It was Jesus who died on the cross for you. He was God in the flesh, just as much God as the Father in heaven. He is God with a face that can be seen. If you love God the Father, you should love His Son, too.

What do you mean by "love," by the way? A warm, fuzzy feeling of strong affection? This isn't what the Bible means by "love for God." At its core, love for God is longing for Him, desiring to know and walk with Him above all else, a thirsting to commune with Him. Here's how the Bible puts it:

Psalm 42:1-2
1 As the deer pants for the water brooks, So my soul pants for You, O God.
2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God; When shall I come and appear before God?

Psalm 63:1
1 O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly; My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You, In a dry and weary land where there is no water.

Love right at its core is desire. We chase after the things we desire. And the more we desire - love - a thing, the more we chase it and sacrifice to obtain it. Do you long for God?

Have you been submitting yourself to God's will and way all day, every day? Are you yielding yourself to His control all the time? (Romans 12:1; James 4:7; 1 Peter 5:6) Instead of letting yourself get caught up in obsessive thinking, use the times when you being to obsess as a trigger to submit to God. Every time you begin to obsess, yield yourself to God - even if you do so only seconds after the last time you submitted, again and again.

Cut down the lies at the heart of your obsessive fearfulness with God's truth. Find verses that speak to who you are in Jesus and begin to focus your thinking on them rather than on the things you obsess over. Write them down; even better, memorize them and fix your mind on them every time fear and obsessiveness rises within you. Do these things - submitting to God and focusing on His truth - and you'll get free of your fear and obsessiveness. I know: this is how I got free.

See above. Don't neglect Bible study. If you don't feed on God's word you will grow spiritually weak! You must be in God's word every day!

You know, God saves sinners, not perfect, godly people. He saves His enemies, those who are bound up by the devil, their own sinful desires, and the evil of the world. He moves toward foul, wicked people and draws them to Himself. He doesn't wait 'til they're good, and holy, and clean to save them. If your weakness and sin couldn't keep Him from you before you were saved, why do you think it can keep Him from you after you're saved? God loves you. He loves you so much He was willing to humiliate Himself, become one of us, suffer and die on a cross to save you from yourself. A God like this, who loves you this MUCH, can't be put off by your fear, and weakness, and sin. Believe it. Stand in the truth of His love for you and come free of fear.

God has made us all to be shaped to whatever we focus on. If you look at your fear, if you think about it and stress over it, don't be surprised when it grows and makes you even more fearful. Look instead at God, at His great love for you, and at His freedom-giving truth. Fix your attention on these things and in time, as you make a new habit of looking to God and His word, your fear will dissolve, replaced by stability within and joy.

Romans 8:15
15 For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!"

Romans 8:37-39
37 But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.
38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,
39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Thanks

Reactions: aiki
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi

I became Christian around may 10th 2020. I’m 17. Ppl I spent most of my time in fear of so much stuff like: end times, second return, unpardonable sin, sinful thoughts, lukewarm, Matthew 7:21, to name a few). I prayed to God the Father and had love for God and read the Bible and stuff. I never felt close to Jesus.

Understandable, since reading 'Bible and stuff" is like one 'taking a shot in the dark'.

That has nothing to do with salvation, and we must only look in the New Testament four Gospels to begin to understand eternal salvation of our soul.

We certainly miss the truth of salvation by reasoning and listening to our heart or our head ---for Satan often greatly influences those.

Idk what do do and it’s sad my heart hardened towards God and gets tempted to think bad thoughts out of hardness I think. I’m scared of apostasy. Am I allowed to read the Bible. Psalm 50:16 But to the wicked person, God says: "What right have you to recite my laws or take my covenant on your lips?

I can appreciate your anxiety, friend, but reasoning and trying various methods will profit nothing before God. We must read and bow to the Holy Word of God. Have you prayed over such as John 3; John 14; Acts 4:12; Romans 8; and hearing God speaking there to you? God says: he that HAS the Son has eternal life, not he that thinks about God (note the clear statement in the Epistle: 1 Jn. 5:10-12). I will pray for you. -1watchman

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi

Dear one,
Do you consider yourself to have more sins than others ? Consider what Jesus our Lord have said :

"A certain moneylender had two debtors. One owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. -Luke 7:41
When they could not pay, he cancelled the debt of both. Now which of them will love him more?" -Luke 7:42

So dear one, consider to love Jesus more !

What do our Lord Jesus consider about this woman whose sins are many ? This is what we have heard:

Therefore I tell you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven'FOR SHE LOVED MUCH. But he who is forgiven little, loves little." -Luke 7:47

So dear one, don’t you Jesus want to give this testimony about you ?

So love Jesus much !!!

Remember what Jesus finally said to this woman:
And he said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace." -Luke 7:50

Didn’t Jesus acknowledge her faith ?
Yes, He did. So can Jesus acknowledge your faith — just love Him much.

Didn’t this woman go in peace ? Yes, she did. So can you, dear one. Just love Jesus and believe wherever you will be in peace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi

Dear one,
When you have bad thoughts ! Abandon those unrighteous ! How ?
First, pray like David :

I acknowledged my sin to You, and I did not cover my iniquity; I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD,”.......and You forgave the iniquity of my sin. -Psalms 32:5
Amen

Understand that David prayed and in his prayer, that he believed that the Lord Jesus forgave him.

This how David showed that he believed that he was forgiven and that he was blessed:

Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. -Psalms 32:1
Blessed is the man against whom the LORD counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit. -Psalms 32:2

Meditate on Psalms 33:1-2

Then, dear one, fill your thoughts more and more on the words written in the holy scripture, such as:

Good and upright is the LORD; therefore he instructs sinners in the way. -Psalms 25:8
He leads the humble in what is right, and teaches the humble his way. -Psalms 25:9

Remember your mercy, O LORD, and your steadfast love, for they have been from of old. -Psalms 25:6
Remember not the sins of my youth or my transgressions; according to your steadfast love remember me, for the sake of your goodness, O LORD! -Psalms 25:7

All the paths of the LORD are steadfast love and faithfulness, for those who keep his covenant and his testimonies. -Psalms 25:10
For your name's sake, O LORD, pardon my guilt, for it is great. -Psalms 25:11

My eyes are ever toward the LORD, for he will pluck my feet out of the net. -Psalms 25:15
Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. -Psalms 25:16
The troubles of my heart are enlarged; bring me out of my distresses. -Psalms 25:17
Consider my affliction and my trouble, and forgive all my sins. -Psalms 25:18

Consider how many are my foes, and with what violent hatred they hate me. -Psalms 25:19
Oh, guard my soul, and deliver me! Let me not be put to shame, for I take refuge in you. -Psalms 25:20

So dear one, resist all unrighteous thoughts and meditate these bible verses and let these bible verses always stay on your mind.
Keep daily.
Eventually, your heart will be softened.

Upvote 0

Ramon

Oct 28, 2020
Horseshoe Bend, Arkansas
✟14,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Emily,

I pressed the wrong button and sent that by mistake.

I'm not sure if anyone has said this to you yet or not but temptation is not a sin. Jesus was tempted in the desert and He was sinless. Sounds to me like you're fighting your mind and that is a victory in itself. We will be tempted during this life, it is a fight with who we want to be vs who we are.

There is a verse in the bible that says that there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ, I think it would be a good verse for you to tell yourself to remind of you His love and mercy. There is no trick to get rid of what we have to fight in this life, there is no secret words or easy steps to make our life more easy to handle, we are called to fight the good fight, to resist, to overcome and to be strong. This is merely a test and there will be many so hang on and no matter how bad it gets, never let go because you will see that in the end, He will be there to receive you. We Christians have a long road ahead and many challenges, never give up on Him because He will never give up on you.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
2 Timothy 1:7 - For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
I've learned to approach God as both a friend and a Father. As a friend I don't fear God for things that I shouldn't and as a Father I try to live up to his standards not out of fear but out of love.
A child loves a parent that they know loves them and shows it to us.
God loved us to the max, he gave his life for us.
God knows we will fail that is why he went to the cross because us "doing the right thing" was impossible to do it well enough.

You need to read the Bible looking for God's love and forgiveness, not looking for condemnation.
Romans 1:8 There is no condemnation in Christ Jesus.
John 3:16-17.
Our relationship with Jesus is already solidly founded on his works, not ours because he knows we will always fall short. I have had a problem with loving and caring in my life but I know God knows it and he accepted me "as is" when I was saved I wasn't instantly a wonderful person nor am I such now either, I fall very far short on my own.

Plain and simple if you base your relationship with God upon what you DO, it will falter. If you base your relationship with God on what HE DID.... it will stand the test of time. When I think of my shortcomings I'm glad Jesus already won for me, I don't have to compete for his love nor do I have to do anything special to keep my salvation.
We should desire that others have this great gift of salvation, not dread it is something we have to "be right" to keep intact.

Upvote 0

carolina16

Jesus Christ is the Lord
Sep 21, 2017
Bs As
✟43,424.00
Country
Argentina
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Hi

The scriptures says that the Lord Jesus is on a Journey (busy).

Upvote 0