ChristianFromKazakhstan

Oct 9, 2016
ALMATY
✟29,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Apparently you visited some unfortunate places, as I suppose Kazakhstan has as well. No country is perfect and this particular topic pertains to scams, not the overall view of the USA and should you wish to address how bad our country is, please take it elsewhere.

Thank you!

Emmy

But my sincere wish for salvation and truth for all contries. I love all people so much. This physical reality is an illusion. In the sense that it's so short and not important comparing to eternity. It only matters if people know the true God or not. So difficulties can be sign of love of God. When all is good, people spit on God. When they suffer, they remember Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I've been to USA several times, different states. Country is in very bad shape. Economically, spiritually, criminally.
As All4Christ says, if you visit New York or LA, or Chicago, you might believe that the US is in very bad shape in those areas. But the country is not only NY, LA or Chicago. This country, despite the problems, is the best country on God's Earth. Just this weekend, I took a visitor around San Francisco, and 90% of the city is beautiful.

Upvote 0

ChristianFromKazakhstan

Oct 9, 2016
ALMATY
✟29,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As All4Christ says, if you visit New York or LA, or Chicago, you might believe that the US is in very bad shape in those areas. But the country is not only NY, LA or Chicago. This country, despite the problems, is the best country on God's Earth. Just this weekend, I took a visitor around San Francisco, and 90% of the city is beautiful.

I understand it very well. I've been to many states, to cities, towns and country side. Travelled in the US extensively over couple decades. Have many friends. Studied there.

In Kazakh, we have a saying, "not everything that shines is gold". There's fool's gold as you know. I could explain deeper, but I don't want to. I'll just repeat - economically, spiritually, criminally. It's true.

Best country on earth? I disagree. Countries are creations of people. Borders exist on maps and in minds of people. All of earth is God's beautiful creation. If anything, we people spoil it by our sin and silly divisions.

Best country is Kingdom of Heaven in hearts of beleivers. The earthly kingdoms are but abomination.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,023,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I understand it very well. I've been to many states, to cities, towns and country side. Travelled in the US extensively over couple decades. Have many friends. Studied there.

In Kazakh, we have a saying, "not everything that shines is gold". There's fool's gold as you know. I could explain deeper, but I don't want to. I'll just repeat - economically, spiritually, criminally. It's true.

Best country on earth? I disagree. Countries are creations of people. Borders exist on maps and in minds of people. All of earth is God's beautiful creation. If anything, we people spoil it by our sin and silly divisions.

Best country is Kingdom of Heaven in hearts of beleivers. The earthly kingdoms are but abomination.
Please consider that you do not know the hearts of some in America. Feel free to have your opinion on that, but there are many who are grateful for our country. We know that we have our problems, but every country today has problems. If you want to talk more about this, perhaps it belongs in a different thread than this thread about protecting people from scams.

I will reiterate. I can't speak for everywhere, but many of the local areas around me are truly good places. There are really good people who love and service God. They are not "fool's gold".

If you want to continue believing that all of America and those of us who live here are like that, feel free to do so. In this thread though, it is off-topic to the OP.

Upvote 0

ChristianFromKazakhstan

Oct 9, 2016
ALMATY
✟29,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Please consider that you do not know the hearts of some in America. Feel free to have your opinion on that, but there are many who are grateful for our country. We know that we have our problems, but every country today has problems. If you want to talk more about this, perhaps it belongs in a different thread than this thread about protecting people from scams.

I will reiterate. I can't speak for everywhere, but many of the local areas around me are truly good places. There are really good people who love and service God. They are not "fool's gold".

If you want to continue believing that all of America and those of us who live here are like that, feel free to do so. In this thread though, it is off-topic to the OP.

Well, you don't understand me. As if we speak in different languages. "Bad, good, best" very much depends on what criteria used. USA is in very, very bad shape by the cretaria I use. Spiritual eyes. In all aspects. Much worse than, say, 24 years ago when I first visited your blessed land.

If you want me to speak your language, OK. Physical eyes. The USA is magnifecent. The people are wonderful. The food is tasty. Life there is great.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,023,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well, you don't understand me. As if we speak in different languages. "Bad, good, best" very much depends on what criteria used. USA is in very, very bad shape by the cretaria I use. In all aspects. Much worse than, say, 24 years ago when I first visited your blessed land.

If you want me to speak your language, OK. The USA is magnifecent. The people are wonderful. The food is tasty. Life there is great.
Nowhere did I say that we don't have problems. Just don't judge all of America, and definitely don't judge all of us here. Every country will struggle when we are here on earth until the Lord comes back in glory. The problem is when you judge us all.

I grieve for what happens here, but I also grieve for what is happening across the world. I am thankful though, that I have a spiritual community that loves God around me, that I am free to worship as I desire, that I have God's beautiful nature all around me...God is good and will bring us all through our trials. We are all different, but we aren't all spiritually dead, and judging all of us and all of America when you honestly don't know us all...not right.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ChristianFromKazakhstan

Oct 9, 2016
ALMATY
✟29,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nowhere did I say that we don't have problems. Just don't judge all of America, and definitely don't judge all of us here. Every country will struggle when we are here on earth until the Lord comes back in glory. The problem is when you judge us all.

It's just speaking the truth in love. Judging? I love your country. I love all countries. I love all people dearly. My heart aches. I want people come to the knowledge of the only truth of Jesus Christ. That's my only concern. I'm not a "judge". No need to feel so protective. No danger. No threat. Only sincere prayer and action of love.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,023,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It's just speaking the truth in love. Judging? I love your country. I love all countries. I love all people deerly. My heart aches. I want people come to the knowledge of the only truth of Jesus Christ. That's my only concern. I'm not a "judge". No need to feel so protective. No danger. No threat. Only sincere prayer and action of love.
Then I hope we can all drop this line of discussion, especially considering the OP's request.

That said - I agree that we all need prayer....all people and all countries.

Upvote 0

ChristianFromKazakhstan

Oct 9, 2016
ALMATY
✟29,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Then I hope we can all drop this line of discussion, especially considering the OP's request.

That said - I agree that we all need prayer....all people and all countries.

It's not about "judging and wishing bad". Not at all. It's about seeing the true condition in light of God's truth and wishing the best of things - salvation.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, you don't understand me. As if we speak in different languages. "Bad, good, best" very much depends on what criteria used. USA is in very, very bad shape by the cretaria I use. Spiritual eyes. In all aspects. Much worse than, say, 24 years ago when I first visited your blessed land.

If you want me to speak your language, OK. Physical eyes. The USA is magnifecent. The people are wonderful. The food is tasty. Life there is great.
Spiritually, we can agree that much of the world is bankrupt, but for your comment to single out the US, as if no other country has a problem is incorrect. It is true that most of the world has no time for God, except in much of Africa and South America. But there are many, many individuals in the US who practice their faith on a daily basis, and live by the Word of God. It's not evident because we're a minority of the population. Even so, I would say, without stats to back it up, that the US has the most avowed Christians in the Western world. I know that your country is majority Muslim, and I also know that when oppressed, Christianity tends to thrive. So the Christians where you live may be more Christ-like. But realize the topic of this thread and stick to it!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChristianFromKazakhstan

Oct 9, 2016
ALMATY
✟29,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Spiritually, we can agree that much of the world is bankrupt, but for your comment to single out the US, as if no other country has a problem is incorrect. It is true that most of the world has no time for God, except in much of Africa and South America. But there are many, many individuals in the US who practice their faith on a daily basis, and live by the Word of God. It's not evident because we're a minority of the population. Even so, I would say, without stats to back it up, that the US has the most avowed Christians in the Western world. I know that your country is majority Muslim, and I also know that when oppressed, Christianity tends to thrive. So the Christians where you live may be more Christ-like. But realize the topic of this thread and stick to it!

Dear dear brother. Again misunderstanding. Never did I mention Kazakhstan or any other country. Not once did I say, America is worse than other country or countries. I simply wished salvation and grieved about bad condition. A loving comment. So much protective reaction. Why? Why? Isn't our home in heaven?

Of course, all countries have problems. Of course, everywhere there are believers and unbelievers, good and bad, nice things and ugly things. Never did I single out the USA. On the contrary, I said, the whole world is God's beautiful creation. We are all children of Adam and Eve. It's wrong to divide, to compare, to differentiate. We're all God's creation under the same sky, needing Jesus equally.

We're all in the same boat. One little ball of rock, planet earth. And we humans are one big family, related to each other by blood and flesh and in one Spirit of one God.

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
Dear dear brother. Again misunderstanding. Never did I mention Kazakhstan or any other country. Not once did I say, America is worse than other country or countries. I simply wished salvation and grieved about bad condition. A loving comment. So much protective reaction. Why? Why? Isn't our home in heaven?

Of course, all countries have problems. Of course, everywhere there are believers and unbelievers, good and bad, nice things and ugly things. Never did I single out the USA. On the contrary, I said, the whole world is God's beautiful creation. We are all children of Adam and Eve. It's wrong to divide, to compare, to differentiate. We're all God's creation under the same sky, needing Jesus equally.

We're all in the same boat. One little ball of rock, planet earth. And we humans are one big family, related to each other by blood and flesh and in one Spirit of one God.

After all the dust settles, I think Kazakhstan will be in a far better position in relation to God at Christ's return than the US at the end of the age. This is coming from someone who lives in the US.
The US may harbor one of the biggest Christian populations in the world at present, but it also harbors the most exporters of things such as inappropriate contentography/violence in the entertainment industries on a GLOBAL scale. If one takes away the Christian populations in both countries and looks at what is left, I think the US will have a lot more to account for compared to Kazakhstan.

As for the OP, the scam is obvious since if it was legitimate, they're not going to come to your door and ask for such information right on the spot. I would've asked them to wait on the porch while I go fetch all of the paperwork and called the police while they waited.

Upvote 0

EmmaCat

Happy Homemaker!
Site Supporter
May 5, 2016
Rural Western NC
✟327,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think maybe I should go to Member Services and ask for a scam forum where we can list scams and warn folks or also where people can ask, "Is this a scam?"

I think I saw a scam today also. An old lady was sending money to someone in a foreign country and the clerk there (Walmart at the service desk) pointed to a big sign there that said, "DO NOT SEND MONEY TO ANYONE YOU DON'T KNOW."

The poor lady said she received an email from (state or local tax assesser) stating she had not paid her property tax and owed $XXX and to pay by a money order to (out of country) address.

I was in line to return a defective item, and I was about to intervene but the clerk stopped her and told her not to do this and call the police. She didn't send the money and left, and I hope she called the authorities and reported it.

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think maybe I should go to Member Services and ask for a scam forum where we can list scams and warn folks or also where people can ask, "Is this a scam?"

I think I saw a scam today also. An old lady was sending money to someone in a foreign country and the clerk there (Walmart at the service desk) pointed to a big sign there that said, "DO NOT SEND MONEY TO ANYONE YOU DON'T KNOW."

The poor lady said she received an email from (state or local tax assesser) stating she had not paid her property tax and owed $XXX and to pay by a money order to (out of country) address.

I was in line to return a defective item, and I was about to intervene but the clerk stopped her and told her not to do this and call the police. She didn't send the money and left, and I hope she called the authorities and reported it.

That reminds of of a scam that someone tried on me, and recently my father as well. Someone claiming to be from the IRS calls you saying there's an warrant out for your arrest due to back taxes, you need a lawyer, and contact them back to get it fixed, etc. Not only did I remember seeing something on the Today Show or something interviewing an IRS person who said "We only initiate contact with you through the mail and will never call you unless you already are working with us on some issue.", but that this scammer left a voicemail that sounded robotic and clearly started when my voicemail picked up and not when it actually started recording.
My dad didn't know that and kept asking questions they couldn't and didn't answer until they hung up. He contacted the IRS who said "No, you're good, that's a scam, and here's how you report them to us."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Some years ago I became aware of a possible scam and contacted the Ontario Provincial Police. They confirmed it was a scam and told me that at any given time there a thousand or more scams in the province. This one involved fund raising for disabled veterans. This is a worthy cause but there are several well established organizations that are involved already. Contact the Royal Canadian Legion or the American Legion or the Veterans of Foreign Wars.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,241,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Some years ago I became aware of a possible scam and contacted the Ontario Provincial Police. They confirmed it was a scam and told me that at any given time there a thousand or more scams in the province. This one involved fund raising for disabled veterans. This is a worthy cause but there are several well established organizations that are involved already. Contact the Royal Canadian Legion or the American Legion or the Veterans of Foreign Wars.
I was actually in city hall on other business, standing right next to the police department door when a scammer called me. The old "I'm from Microsoft and we found something wrong with your computer" scam. I've gotten it many times. So I handed my phone over to the police detective who was right there. After a few seconds he just started yelling at the scammer and hung up. I thought maybe they would actually do something. As for me, I have strung them on until they got weary of me and the scammer had to go. I can't wait until the next time. By the way, I'm typing this on a computer running Linux. No Microsoft to even go haywire or to fix. They do want yo to run a script that gives admin rights to the scammers, so never ever actually do it.

Upvote 0