Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I want to save magazines that are available in pdf. form. What kind of disc should I use?

Digital memory might load faster, but whatever form of memory you use is fine.
Magazines are not "important" so backups are not needed.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I want to save magazines that are available in pdf. form. What kind of disc should I use?

I would suggest CD ROM discs. They hold the least amount of data but because discs are usually closed at the end of a data dump, you won't have to wait so long to get enough to fill a disc. Each CD will hold about 700 MBytes of data so just hang on to the magazines until you get that much stored on your hard drive and then fill the disc in one burn.

Rather than a disc, you might also consider a USB thumb drive. The smallest them will hold more than a CD disc and they behave like a hard drive so you can copy small quantities a little at time without 'closing' them from holding more data.

Sixteen Gigabyte thumb drives are generally very reasonable and will hold the equivalent of more than 20 CD discs.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,933.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I would suggest CD ROM discs. They hold the least amount of data but because discs are usually closed at the end of a data dump, you won't have to wait so long to get enough to fill a disc. Each CD will hold about 700 MBytes of data so just hang on to the magazines until you get that much stored on your hard drive and then fill the disc in one burn.

Rather than a disc, you might also consider a USB thumb drive. The smallest them will hold more than a CD disc and they behave like a hard drive so you can copy small quantities a little at time without 'closing' them from holding more data.

Sixteen Gigabyte thumb drives are generally very reasonable and will hold the equivalent of more than 20 CD discs.

If you go USB thumb drive I would suggest two of them. One for a backup.

Upvote 0

Wookiee

Cool. Cool, cool, cool.
Jul 19, 2013
Australia
✟50,940.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
I guess the real question is what do you want the copy to serve as? A backup? Transportation? Temporary storage?

If you're permanently backing them up, either a CD (700 MB) or DVD (4 GB) stored out of the way somewhere would probably be best. They're harder to lose and you're less likely to accidentally overwrite them (especially if they're not RWs) or lose data.

If you're transporting them or temporarily storing them elsewhere, either back them up to a USB drive or to online (Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox, etc.). Backing them up online also gives you the option of accessing them on multiple devices (e.g. tablets, phones)

Upvote 0