Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are there many sons desiring to kill their families and is this a frequent occurrence in your reality?
If you would only read what I was saying correctly? You would see I was in agreement with you (with a little of my own sarcasm thrown in).

That is... If you were responding to me. Or, someone else.

Ever hear someone talking in his sleep? Sounds like he may be talking to you. But....

See how I quoted you before making my response? Try it.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
“But she that liveth in pleasure is dead while she liveth.” (1 Timothy 5:6).

In other words, she is dead spiritually while she is lives physically.
Context?

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
So when we read the Parable of the Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-32), we realize that when the father says that the son was “dead” and he is “alive AGAIN,” the parable is speakiing in spiritual terms. The son was dead spiritually when spending his inheritance money on prostitutes. The son then became alive AGAIN spiritually when he came back home, and sought forgiveness with his father. This proves that sin is separation from God regardless if you are a son or not.
Yes. Communion. But he never stopped being a son.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I try to do the same and it is quite clear to me why Jesus separated them into goats and sheep.
Yeah. One group was sheep. One group was goats. And the evidence was their behavior.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are there many sons desiring to kill their families and is this a frequent occurrence in your reality?
My Boo boo! I owe you an apology.

Just found out.... If a person you are quoting is on someone else's Ignore list? It will not show the person's words you are quoting. My apologies....

In other forums it will show the person's words when quoted. But, will not show their actual post it came from. Here? It looks like you are speaking to yourself..

Glad I caught that. For, it looked like you were responding to me, but reading me all wrong. That was not the case I just found out.

From now on ... When it looks like someone is talking in their sleep? I will need to find the "stop ignoring" link on the bottom of the page, and turn it off for that page.

My deepest apologies... grace and peace. GeneZ

• Friendly
Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I have gone back to "saved by faith alone". Why? One reason was I could find no peace when I had to look at my own life to see if I was saved. Do works matter? Surely so! By obedience we keep our faith, but it's by faith through the Holy Spirit we are connected to Christ, the cross, the forgiveness of sins. Through the Holy Spirit we are children of God.

Tim 4
7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith; 8 in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing.

:ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::heart::checkeredflag:
Yep well written. For me the light went on in the gospels with JESUS healing all the sick. The sick could not save or heal themselves from their sickness. They were 100% reliant on JESUS to heal them from their sickness and it was only as they had faith as they believed his Word that they were healed (believe I am able to do this?).

The centurian was an example given by JESUS who had "Great faith" when he said "speak the Word only and my servant shall be healed".

Jesus was speaking to the Scribes and the Pharisees when he said. "They that be whole need not a physician but they that are sick. I am not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance but go learn what that means." We are all sick with the sickness of sin.

There is nothing that we can do to save ourselves accept to rely on the very promises and words of JESUS. It is only through our faith in God's Word that we are born again to newness of life and it is faith alone that gives us the victory to overcome the world and sin and frees us to walk in God's Spirit.

There is no such thing as once saved always saved. Those who depart the faith and return to a life of known unrepentant sin fall back into unbelief and unless they return to God will not enter into God's kingdom according to the scriptures. We are only saved by God's grace through faith and not of ourselves and not of works lest any man should boast but as James says faith without works (the fruit of faith) is dead and not faith at all and is why JESUS says by their fruits you shall know them.

God bless.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: zoidar
Upvote 0

Swag365

Dec 25, 2019
USA
✟50,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Lol. I guess you don’t have kids. To be in union, no obedience. To be in communion, obedience.
Then a person can remain in union with God and have no obedience to him. That does not sound like much of a new creation now does it?

• Winner
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
@friend of

Right, if what you say makes any lick of sense, I can imagine Jesus reply to the Canaanite woman, saying, “Yes, but masters of the dogs in this kingdom rarely give scraps to their dogs. So bye, bye now, and get out of my way.”
But Jesus did ignore the woman the first time she asked. Simply because Jesus was sent only to the Jews.

• Useful
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Then a person can remain in union with God and have no obedience to him. That does not sound like much of a new creation now does it?
Being a new creation gives you an option that no other believer had before the church age began had...

We have become a new "spiritual species."

OT saints never had this option and ability given to them by grace. If they had? They would have NOT had to live under the restraints of being under the Law.

For you are receiving the end result of your faith,
the salvation of your souls.

Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke
of the grace that was to come to you, searched
intently and with the greatest care, trying to find out
the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ
in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings
of the Messiah and the glories that would follow." 1 Pet 1:9-11

We get this grace to be a new creation in how we can function spiritually.. Not them before the church age began. A new creation is made manifest because of this imparted ability at the point of salvation in Christ.

We are getting a grace enabling potential from God that was never seen before the Church came into being. That is why we no longer have to be under the Law. For the Spirit in us empowers and transforms us when we are filled with the Spirit in a manner that is peaceful and relaxed. Whereas,in the past? When they lived under the Law it demanded an outward behavior that required at times fear of reprisal and stress to keep an outward appearance of righteousness. But, we are a new creation. When we are led of the Spirit? By grace, we are not under Law. But, rather, fulfilling the Law from the new man we have become.. our transformed empowered life in Christ!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
A new creation is created for good works according to Paul, that is our purpose in life as a new creation.

Obviously, anyone claiming to be a Christian and not bearing any fruit, there would be room for doubt.

Yet we do not overturn Paul's doctrine, any attempt to do so is blatant heresy.

Ephesians 2:8-10
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

We are saved purely by the grace of God through Christ Jesus. Grace through the mechanism of faith and we have no part to play, in that reconciliation. We receive salvation, righteousness, and even faith itself, as a free gift from God.

"not as a result of works"

Works follow on from our faith but never contribute to salvation. Works perfect your faith (James).

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But Jesus did ignore the woman the first time she asked. Simply because Jesus was sent only to the Jews.

And, Jesus was using righteous sarcasm when using the word "dogs." ... For the gentiles outside of Israel lived in a depravity in many cases They were seen as "dogs" by the Jews who had been trained by the Law to not walk in outward depravity. Its why in the beginning of the Church age the Jewish believers were surprised to see Gentiles being filled with the Spirit like they had been. Gentiles were sadly seen as subhuman by the Jews who followed God's law.

Before the Church went into all the world? The lives of the typical gentile in the Roman empire would have repulsed us today. They lived in a depravity like we do not even imagine about in today's transformed world. Going to pagan temples to perform sex with temple prostitutes was seen as a religious obligation. Child prostitutes, homosexual prostitutes, and even animals were used in such religious religious obligation to their gods. Its what motivated Paul to write about "no foolish talking, or foolish jesting." For they were very kinky as a norm in their pagan world.

grace and peace...

Reactions: klutedavid
Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟763,213.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Right, if what you say makes any lick of sense, I can imagine Jesus reply to the Canaanite woman, saying, “Yes, but masters of the dogs in this kingdom rarely give scraps to their dogs. So bye, bye now, and get out of my way.”

Sorry but I don't see how that scripture is relevant to anything I said. Care to elaborate?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
No, so they probably aren’t.

Upvote 0