Libby1

Spiritual Warfare
Apr 27, 2004
Ontario, Canada
✟2,106.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Some quotes

Quote from a Magister (LaVeyan)"...I should be very sad indeed if you were one of the cadres of that irrational Herd whose ability to judge and discern is non-existent, therefore demanding that the right to judge would most certainly not be a privilege to which you are rationally entitled.... "

"...In closing, I must say that I do not see how a thinking Satanist can be other than "anti-Christian." Christianity is the antithesis of what we believe and practice. Its superstition-based motivations are diametrically opposed to our own which are founded on reason and practical effect. Its practitioners, however "good" personally, are wrapped in chains of their own stupidity. In my opinion, even tolerating these people is fraught with dangers of its own. It is like tolerating the baby viper in the old story, and we all know how that story ends. The only "good" Christian is one who pulls his head out of his butt, realizes that he has been playing the fool, and cleans up his act by abandoning the Middle Eastern dungheap that he has either plunged himself into in an act of sheer stupidity or which he has had dumped upon him and from under which he has finally managed to wriggle his way into the daylight of reason..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quotes from a satanist (LaVeyan) "...lot of parts of a lot of religions are 'crazy' or false. I find that this includes Satanism. But in every religion there is truth. Even if it is just some of the morals that are true, and none of the stories..."

"...I find that I do not follow Satanism. To do so would be anti-Satanic. Satanism, up to this point, has fit perfectly into my life. It follows me, if you will. Blatantly refusing all other religions is also anti-Satanic. It is ignorance and closed-minded. "All religion is ignorance" is very closed minded..."

"...I.strongly disagree with most of what you are saying ********One part that caught my interest was when you said: I have no respect for any other religion, nor for any who follow a religion in which they worship a fairie-tale deity.

Are you saying that if your best friend suddenly decided he was Christian and worshipped God, you would lose all repect for him? Would you stop being his friend after years of loyal friendship?

You are saying that you have no respect for a person, just because of their religion? Is that not running right along the lines of Nazism? Personally, I (try to) show respect to everyone I meet, until it is proven that they do not disserve my respect. Believing in something that differs from what I believe does not justify them losing my respect.

Go ahead and judge, sure. But don't judge people before you know more about them.

Blatently refusing all other religions is anti-Satanic. It is exactly what is disliked about the Christian church.

I said before all religion has 'crazy' and irrational parts. This part of Satanism I find crazy and irrational. Perhaps, just as there are fanatical Christians, ******** represents a fanatical Satanist...."

"...I don't understand why Magister ***and *** are acting like Satanism is so 'high-and-mighty'. Satan represents man as just another animal... Everyone who follows Satanism is a man... therefor no better than an animal. Everybody who follows Christianity is a man, therefor no better than an animal. This is completly contradictory to the statement that Satanists are the Alien Elite. Also contradictory to *** and Magister's thinking that they are better than Christianity and Christians.

I have found flaws, inconsistencies..."

--------------------------------------------

quote from a satanist

"...Exactly. We don't call ourselves the "alien elite" for purposes of separtion but rather since we know it to be true.

We have an ego larger than many groups..."

End of quotes

Libby1
:)

Upvote 0

Cerridwen

Peaceful Pagan
May 28, 2004
Alabama
Visit site
✟16,054.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey~

Yes, Libby1....this is precisely what I've been telling you all along. They are conceited, they worship themselves, they look WAY down on stupidity-the blind following of ANYTHING...that makes people sheep..or more appropriately, Lemmings.

Love & Blessings, Cerridwen*

Upvote 0

Libby1

Spiritual Warfare
Apr 27, 2004
Ontario, Canada
✟2,106.00
Faith
Pentecostal
The second set of quotes were from a 'teen' who was a 'new' satanist. After observing and participating on the forum he informed them as per his quotes and then told them he was no longer going to go by the term 'satanist'. He is searching, seeking. After that I guess they pretty much were ignorant to him.

Libby1

Upvote 0

Iollain

Jer 18:2-6
May 18, 2004
Atlantic Coast
✟8,725.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
More proof that the pentagram is Christian: Jesus is called the Morning Star, the Morning Star is Venus, Venus makes a pentagram path :A superior conjunction occurs when Venus is behind the Sun and the inferior conjunction is when Venus is between Earth and the Sun; in both cases Venus is not visible. But it is true that plotting the recurrence of Venus' westward elongation from the Sun, over five consecutive synodic periods, will create the points of a pentagram. This period is approximately 584 days long, each period determining a different point of the observed pentagram—taking approximately eight years, five days to complete the figure. One would get a pentagram by picking any sunrise date on which the morning star is prominent and then repeating the observation at 584 day intervals following that date.

Upvote 0

Cerridwen

Peaceful Pagan
May 28, 2004
Alabama
Visit site
✟16,054.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey~

I find it rather amusing that a Christian would use ASTROLOGY to make a point about the origins of the pentagram, lol. Its Christian origin hasn't been under debate here. Incidentally, the "morning star" was also used to describe Lucifer....
Many symbols throughout history have been taken & used for other purposes....some with the purpose staying basically the same, as with the pentagram...but some still having the meanings changed to represent something completely different, & usually opposite, such as the Swastika.

Upvote 0

Iollain

Jer 18:2-6
May 18, 2004
Atlantic Coast
✟8,725.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi againJ

Yes your right I should not be delving into the stars too deeply. I just found this info about Venus out the other day and I had to tell someone.

The word Lucifer originally did not have anything to do with satan. "Lucifer" is the Latin term originally used by the Romans to refer to the planet Venus when that planet was west of the sun and hence rose before the sun in the morning, thereby being the morning star, the name Lucifer was applied to Satan first by St. Jerome, who admitted this was a mistake made in haste. I believe these verses metaphorically calling satan the false Morning Star, fallen from Heaven, as Jesus is the Bright and Morning Star.

The heavens are mentioned many times in the Bible, examples being :

Psalm 147:4
He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their names.

Psalm 148:3
Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light.

Isaiah 13:10
For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

Isaiah 13
10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

Job 9
9 Which maketh Arcturus, Orion, and Pleiades, and the chambers of the south.

Amos 5
8 Seek him that maketh the seven stars and Orion, and turneth the shadow of death into the morning, and maketh the day dark with night: that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the face of the earth: The LORD is his name

Job 26
13 By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent

The bible warns many times of astrology and worship of the heavens, examples being:

What does God say about those who consult with astrologers and use astrology for guidance in their lives? It's in the Bible, Isaiah 47:13-15 NIV. "All the counsel you have received has only worn you out. Let your astrologers come forward, those stargazers who make predictions month by month, let them save you from what is coming upon you. Surely they are like stubble; the fire will burn them up. They cannot even save themselves from the flame…Each of them goes on in his error; there is not one that can save you."

Astrology is a divination art, which teaches that the relative positioning in the sky of the Sun, Moon and planets has an influence upon individuals and upon the course of human affairs. The actual word for astrology in the Hebrew language literally means, ‘divining the heavens'. Divination is the act of foretelling future events, or of revealing secret knowledge, by means of signs and omens or other supernatural agency. God prohibits the practice of divination. It's in the Bible, Leviticus 19:26 NIV. "Do not practice divination or sorcery."

When the Israelites were about to enter the Promised Land of Canaan, God warned them not to practice it. It's in the Bible, Deuteronomy 18:9, 12 & 14 NIV. "Do not learn to imitate the detestable ways of the nations there…The nations you will dispossess listen to those who practice sorcery or divination. But as for you, the Lord your God has not permitted you to do so…Anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord."

Divination is actually regarded to be a grave sin. It's in the Bible, 1 Samuel 15:23 NIV. "Rebellion is like the sin of divination, and arrogance like the evil of idolatry."

When King Nebuchadnezzar had a dream, he summoned the magicians, sorcerers and astrologers to tell him what he had dreamed. How did they respond? It's in the Bible, Daniel 2:10 NIV. "The astrologers answered the king, ‘There is not a man on earth who can do what the king asks! No king, however great and mighty, has ever asked such a thing of any magician or enchanter or astrologer.' "

The astrologers of Babylon were unable to help the King with this troublesome dream. However, God had blessed his prayerful prophet Daniel with the true gifts of the Holy Spirit, and he was brought before the king to interpret the dream. It's in the Bible, Daniel 2:27-28 NKJ. "Daniel answered in the presence of the king, and said, ‘The secret which the king has demanded, the wise men, the astrologers, the magicians, and the soothsayers cannot declare to the king. But there is a God in heaven who reveals secrets, and He has made known to King Nebuchadnezzar what will be in the latter days. Your dream, and the visions of your head upon your bed, were these…'" With God’s anointing, Daniel was able to describe and explain the king's prophetic dream.

There are Christians that believe the Gospel is written in the heavens (night sky), but still they are not worshiping or relying on the stars for their answers or faith, as only God has the answers.

So I will have to take back my post, for fear that some may stumble, and just say that Venus does make a pentagram on it’s courses. J

:sorry:

Upvote 0

Libby1

Spiritual Warfare
Apr 27, 2004
Ontario, Canada
✟2,106.00
Faith
Pentecostal
This is a quote and the response from a Magister of LS.

"...
Quote:Am I the only one who gets annoyed when, after I ask an Xian for proof of God, they ask me to disprove him?

No more annoyed than I get when, after poking a nasty tempered dog with a stick, he snaps at me. The reaction in both cases is natural to the situation.

Xian debate has never been known for following logical rules of discussion. I don't think you should be surprised, and certainly not annoyed, when they react according to their limited abilities. My thought is not to give them the satisfaction of thinking they have won an argument by letting them slap you with the impossibility of proving a negative.

After 2,000 years of experience, thinking individuals should realize that Xianity is not founded on logic. You cannot expect Xians to debate logically. Therefore, any annoyance you feel when you prod them to respond rationally and they don't is 99% of your own making. In my opinion, you should have expected exactly the reaction they are psychologically and intellectually conditioned to give. If you must "debate" with them, there are more expedient ways to demonstrate the folly of their belief system than by foolishly giving them an opening on their own twisted philosophical terms. You cannot treat irrational people as though they were rational equals.

Just my personal thoughts on the issue. After all, there are some people who start a "debate" simply because they get off by getting annoyed..."

The only logical response IS to ask an individual to disprove His existence.

Libby1

Upvote 0

Cerridwen

Peaceful Pagan
May 28, 2004
Alabama
Visit site
✟16,054.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey~

I actually almost completely agree with what he says. Many Christians, Fundies especially, are notorious for not being logical at all, or they use a tactic called "circular logic" in which something "is so because I think it is, and I think it is because I believe that God said it is".

The fact is, Christians cannot prove that God exists, any more than non-believers can prove that He doesn't. That's why it's called faith. That's why it's pointless for any Christian to tell any non-Christian that said non-Christian's religious beliefs are any less valid or truthful than said Christian's. A Christian can't prove that my Gods, as a Pagan, are false, & I can't prove that his God, as a Christian is false, as they are both true to their believers.

Now, from a purely scientific point of view, God does not exist, simply because there is no conclusive evidence that indicates he does, but that has nothing to do with faith or beliefs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cerridwen

Peaceful Pagan
May 28, 2004
Alabama
Visit site
✟16,054.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey~

marc37 said:
then I dont have faith because I know for certain.

faith \"fath\ n, pl faiths \"faths, "fathz\ [ME feith, fr. OF feid, foi, fr. L fides] 1 : allegiance to duty or a person : loyalty 2 : belief and trust in God 3 : complete trust 4 : a system of religious beliefs — faith•ful \-fel\ adj — faith•ful•ly adv — faith•ful•ness n
(c)2000 Zane Publishing, Inc. and Merriam-Webster, Incorporated. All rights reserved.

Yes, I'm sure you do. You "know", in your heart of hearts, that God exists.
I "know", in my heart of hearts, that my Gods exist. However, neither you or I can prove empirically, and beyond a shadow of a doubt that he/they actually does/do. There is nothing inherently 'wrong' with that, for either of us. While you may think my beliefs are false, & I may think yours are, that doesn't change the fact that they exist, and that they are very real to us both, albeit in different ways. So even as we both "know" that our respective God(s) are real and that they exist in the real sense to us both, this "knowledge" is still largely...almost completely...based on faith.

Upvote 0

Christ Aficionado

Jun 19, 2004
Florida
✟390.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mr.Pious said:
Allright

To get to heaven you must worship God, and follow his rules. If you do this you are allowed into heaven, however if you do not do this you go to hell and are tortured forever.

If you were to believe there was no hell there would be no reason for you to do those things, so you would not.

There for Christianity's whole purpose is to preserver yourself by following your doctrine as to make sure you do not go to hell, and it is self gratification because you are doing all of the things to get into heaven to simplly get into heaven.
Not so. Christianity's purpose is to do the work of the Lord and preach the Gospel to all the world. Is it self gratification to preach the Word of God? Self gratification could be seen as knowing something that could save someone's soul and keeping it to yourself. The last time I checked my cable tv I noticed 5-6 cable channels with pastors preaching the Gospel. (See Matthew 24:14).

Matthew 10
7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Matthew 24
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Matthew 11
2 Now when John had heard in the prison the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples, 3 And said unto him, Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another? 4 Jesus answered and said unto them, Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see: 5 The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them. 6 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.

Mark 16
14 Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen. 15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Matthew 22
35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, 36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
---------------------------------------------------------
If you love your neighbour then you will preach the Gospel to them. :priest:

Upvote 0

marc37

your brother
Feb 18, 2004
✟1,103.00
Faith
Catholic
Cerridwen said:
Hey~

faith \"fath\ n, pl faiths \"faths, "fathz\ [ME feith, fr. OF feid, foi, fr. L fides] 1 : allegiance to duty or a person : loyalty 2 : belief and trust in God 3 : complete trust 4 : a system of religious beliefs — faith•ful \-fel\ adj — faith•ful•ly adv — faith•ful•ness n
(c)2000 Zane Publishing, Inc. and Merriam-Webster, Incorporated. All rights reserved.

Yes, I'm sure you do. You "know", in your heart of hearts, that God exists.
I "know", in my heart of hearts, that my Gods exist. However, neither you or I can prove empirically, and beyond a shadow of a doubt that he/they actually does/do. There is nothing inherently 'wrong' with that, for either of us. While you may think my beliefs are false, & I may think yours are, that doesn't change the fact that they exist, and that they are very real to us both, albeit in different ways. So even as we both "know" that our respective God(s) are real and that they exist in the real sense to us both, this "knowledge" is still largely...almost completely...based on faith.

Hi,nice post,but this isnt so,ive seen my god and felt his presence even listened to words of advice next to this being guided in my dreams also.
this and the reason that there is only one god,gives me the power to say that
your religion is wrong unless you worship the same god as I do;Who is GOD.

Upvote 0

Cerridwen

Peaceful Pagan
May 28, 2004
Alabama
Visit site
✟16,054.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey~

I have no doubt you've seen & felt your God. If you hadn't you wouldn't follow Him. However, I have seen & felt my Gods too, & am always in Their presence. I've asked Them for advice, & been given it. I've asked Them for help, & been given it. They guide me in my dreams, as well as in my day to day life. These are the reasons that my Gods are the true Gods, & that gives me the right to say that your religion is false. Where the difference comes in, is that while I have the right to say your religion is false based on my own experiences within my religion, I don't say that yours is false, because I believe that the Divine is bigger than whatever little religion we, as humans, decide to box it in. All Gods are one God, but the paths are different. Regardless of what you, as a Christian, & I, as a non-Christian, know in our hearts & souls to be true for us, we still cannot prove to others, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that our God(s) exist. Therefore, our religions are still solely based on faith.

Reactions: MQTA
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cerridwen

Peaceful Pagan
May 28, 2004
Alabama
Visit site
✟16,054.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Iollain said:
There is no proof that my brain exists either, noone has ever saw, tasted, smelled, touched or heard my brain, so scientifically i don't have one. :D

Actually, you do, as you couldn't scientifically exist in any conscious way without one. Whereas, when it comes to God, the only inkling that anyone has that they exist because of Him is belief. There is no actual proof.

Love & Blessings, Cerridwen

Upvote 0