• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Satanic Attack or What?

carrico

May 5, 2019
TN
✟31,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have worried about this for a few hours. Not sure what happened in my mind. This morning, I got up and I felt this pressure to be mad at my MIL. Like cussing her. I don’t really cuss a lot. I have to be totally ticked to get to that level. It was the F word. The word I hate. “God” came to my mind and I did not want to mix that word with His name, like I have heard from kids on the bus in school. A long time ago. I immediately cut the head off of that snake, and I got rid of that thought. I felt crappy about it for about an hour and a half.

I went for a walk. No, I didn’t. It began to rain. It poured all day. I went to Walmart to grab a few things. I got out of my car and I feel like my mind was trying to go somewhere, but I kept drawing blank in thought. I was thinking something bad against the Spirit might come through, but it didn’t, thankfully. Praise the Lord! (I have an issue with repetitive thoughts and stuff like that)

So, I am walking through the store. I looked around for a few minutes in the clothing section. I then felt these thoughts coming over me like paranoia. How am I dressed? Are you wearing clothes? I was. I knew I was dressed. Athletic shorts and a tank top. I then had thoughts of modesty and modest dressed people that I know of. Then I felt like some sort of question came over me but I can’t remember what it was. “A devil,” came to my mind. This is where my problem is at. After “a devil,” came to mind, it registered with me (I am still kind of drawing blank here, I am feeling the material of an outfit) and a thought “of Jesus” came through my mind. I was quickly telling myself “A devil can get out of mind. Not of Jesus!” It was so fast, I don’t know how to explain it. I feel so guilty though. “A devil,” came to mind and then I feel like I drew blank and I don’t know if “of Jesus” was the first thing to come to mind, something that was trying to pass through my mind, or I was just randomly thinking it. I also couldn’t tell you if that was the order it happened in. I am always so distracted. I feel like when I was saying the devil could get out of my mind, was when the “of Jesus” stuff came to mind. I really don’t know. It is all confusing, but I have a lot of stupid thoughts that I do not want. I feel like I am in a brain fog. I dwelled on this for half the day. I have been dwelling on it fore the past 3 hours. It’s so hurtful.

To the point where I don’t know if I am having a mental health issue or if this is a satanic attack. I don’t want to lose my salvation over stuff like this. I know the blood is sufficient. I don’t understand all of the bible to be honest, but I know that I am not wanting to deliberately think bad things about God. I honestly think I am panicking when “Of Jesus” came through my mind, like I may have been afraid it was going to happen and that is why I feel like it came to mind. Confustion. It’s like I am blaming myself for deliberately thinking of stuff like this. I am not trying to say that devils are of Christ.

Brian Kuzma

Jun 6, 2019
Tampa
✟7,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey, I went thru something like this in January. It’s sounds to me like a spiritual awakening and you need to know that those thoughts or ideas are all from Satan. God gives us the power Thru Christ to say NO to those attacks. Rest in Christ. You are facing a lion but that lion can’t hurt you. Do this now:Go to your Bible now and open to Ephesians chapter 1. Read verse three to the end. Read it out loud slowly. The enemy cannot deal with scripture because it is God’s word. God’s truth says you belong to him read that out loud and to Jesus to make it real to you! Praying for you!

I have worried about this for a few hours. Not sure what happened in my mind. This morning, I got up and I felt this pressure to be mad at my MIL. Like cussing her. I don’t really cuss a lot. I have to be totally ticked to get to that level. It was the F word. The word I hate. “God” came to my mind and I did not want to mix that word with His name, like I have heard from kids on the bus in school. A long time ago. I immediately cut the head off of that snake, and I got rid of that thought. I felt crappy about it for about an hour and a half.

I went for a walk. No, I didn’t. It began to rain. It poured all day. I went to Walmart to grab a few things. I got out of my car and I feel like my mind was trying to go somewhere, but I kept drawing blank in thought. I was thinking something bad against the Spirit might come through, but it didn’t, thankfully. Praise the Lord! (I have an issue with repetitive thoughts and stuff like that)

So, I am walking through the store. I looked around for a few minutes in the clothing section. I then felt these thoughts coming over me like paranoia. How am I dressed? Are you wearing clothes? I was. I knew I was dressed. Athletic shorts and a tank top. I then had thoughts of modesty and modest dressed people that I know of. Then I felt like some sort of question came over me but I can’t remember what it was. “A devil,” came to my mind. This is where my problem is at. After “a devil,” came to mind, it registered with me (I am still kind of drawing blank here, I am feeling the material of an outfit) and a thought “of Jesus” came through my mind. I was quickly telling myself “A devil can get out of mind. Not of Jesus!” It was so fast, I don’t know how to explain it. I feel so guilty though. “A devil,” came to mind and then I feel like I drew blank and I don’t know if “of Jesus” was the first thing to come to mind, something that was trying to pass through my mind, or I was just randomly thinking it. I also couldn’t tell you if that was the order it happened in. I am always so distracted. I feel like when I was saying the devil could get out of my mind, was when the “of Jesus” stuff came to mind. I really don’t know. It is all confusing, but I have a lot of stupid thoughts that I do not want. I feel like I am in a brain fog. I dwelled on this for half the day. I have been dwelling on it fore the past 3 hours. It’s so hurtful.

To the point where I don’t know if I am having a mental health issue or if this is a satanic attack. I don’t want to lose my salvation over stuff like this. I know the blood is sufficient. I don’t understand all of the bible to be honest, but I know that I am not wanting to deliberately think bad things about God. I honestly think I am panicking when “Of Jesus” came through my mind, like I may have been afraid it was going to happen and that is why I feel like it came to mind. Confustion. It’s like I am blaming myself for deliberately thinking of stuff like this. I am not trying to say that devils are of Christ.

Reactions: carrico
Upvote 0

carrico

May 5, 2019
TN
✟31,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey, I went thru something like this in January. It’s sounds to me like a spiritual awakening and you need to know that those thoughts or ideas are all from Satan. God gives us the power Thru Christ to say NO to those attacks. Rest in Christ. You are facing a lion but that lion can’t hurt you. Do this now:Go to your Bible now and open to Ephesians chapter 1. Read verse three to the end. Read it out loud slowly. The enemy cannot deal with scripture because it is God’s word. God’s truth says you belong to him read that out loud and to Jesus to make it real to you! Praying for you!

Brian,

Thank you for this reply. This stuff has been going on since 2011. I must admit, it has gotten a little better over time. I still just get these attacks. I wonder if I am OCD. I have had a biblical counselor (not mental health related) suggest that I could be. I did see a mental health counselor at my college two years ago and she never mentioned OCD. She said it just seemed to be stress. Well, there was a lot of stress and stress made it worse. Thanks for your prayers. I hate that you went through stuff like this too. I remember back in 2011, I had this fear that there could be something that maybe the Lord has not forgiven me for. I did research and found a lot of bad things on the internet. I mean, it was always coming to my mind like cussing the names of God (Christ, God, Lord, etc.). Then it moved on to being the Holy Spirit. It about killed me. I just hung in there because I knew that I was His. I just don't want to become those thoughts or dwell on them to the point, that I could lose salvation in means of turning my back on God. I was afraid I had done that, but I know deep down inside, he is my greatest desire.

Upvote 0

BrotherD

Thus Saith The Lord
Mar 10, 2019
Tennessee
✟37,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

Hello my brother carrico,

I understand what you are going through, i started getting back on track with Christ Jesus in October last year. It seems that as soon as i started reading the bible i would get all these crazy thoughts in my head. Disrespecting and thinking blasphemous words about our Lord. I hated it with a passion and i would always immediately apologize to God. The more i read and prayed the better it God. It would be worse at night when i would fall asleep reading the scriptures.

Gradually it got better and better, thanks be to God. Its really gone now that i think about it. The key to it is to read his word and i mean whole books. Pray that the Lord will hide his word in your heart. I pray that you defeat this, always remeber this scripture:

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Colossians 1:12-17
12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: ALL things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Stay strong my brother, Christ got you.

Reactions: carrico
Upvote 0

carrico

May 5, 2019
TN
✟31,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello my brother carrico,

I understand what you are going through, i started getting back on track with Christ Jesus in October last year. It seems that as soon as i started reading the bible i would get all these crazy thoughts in my head. Disrespecting and thinking blasphemous words about our Lord. I hated it with a passion and i would always immediately apologize to God. The more i read and prayed the better it God. It would be worse at night when i would fall asleep reading the scriptures.

Gradually it got better and better, thanks be to God. Its really gone now that i think about it. The key to it is to read his word and i mean whole books. Pray that the Lord will hide his word in your heart. I pray that you defeat this, always remeber this scripture:

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Colossians 1:12-17
12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: ALL things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Stay strong my brother, Christ got you.

Thank you. Definitely trying to keep myself in the word. I gotta dig into it tonight!! I mean, I can't even think straight.

• Prayers
Reactions: BrotherD
Upvote 0