Sapphire Commandment tablets

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Yes, so two thin pieces of stone (the couldn't be thick if they 'smashed to pieces'), Moses could carry on his back. He wasn't a wimp!!
Couldn't read the small chiselled letters let alone words of the 613 that you claim were chiselled on stone the size Moses could carry on his back.

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Note that Moses specifically cites the words spoken to the assembly by God himself as what is written on the tablets. Both Exodus and Deuteronomy record God speaking the 10 Commandments directly to the people

Deut 5:1 And Moses summoned all Israel and said to them, “Hear, O Israel, the statutes and the rules that I speak in your hearing today, and you shall learn them and be careful to do them. 2 The LORD our God made a covenant with us in Horeb. 3 Not with our fathers did the LORD make this covenant, but with us, who are all of us here alive today. 4 The LORD spoke with you face to face at the mountain, out of the midst of the fire, 5 while I stood between the LORD and you at that time, to declare to you the word of the LORD. For you were afraid because of the fire, and you did not go up into the mountain. He said:

vs 2-21..THE TEN COMMANDMENTS... ending with

Deut 5:22 These words the LORD spoke to all your assembly at the mountain out of the midst of the fire, the cloud, and the thick darkness, with a loud voice; and he added no more. And he wrote them on two tablets of stone and gave them to me.

So, back to the beginning - you think G_d is a liar to say that the law & the commandments were on the two stones?

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Couldn't read the small chiselled letters let alone words of the 613 that you claim were chiselled on stone the size Moses could carry on his back.

Who said they were chiselled? Oy vey! Did G-d just happen to have some tools lying around?

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
So, back to the beginning - you think G_d is a liar to say that the law & the commandments were on the two stones?
I am giving you scripture that indicates it is only the TEN on stone and the Law of Moses is on parchment and placed on the side of the Ark... not inside like the TEN in STONE. If all is on the stone, what is on the parchment kept on the side of the ark?

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I am giving you scripture that indicates it is only the TEN on stone and the Law of Moses is on parchment and placed on the side of the Ark... not inside like the TEN in STONE.

Yes, and that makes G_d a liar? Either you are wrong or God is wrong?

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
So at least you believe God wrote on both stones... progress.
I have said the set of stones quoted in Exodus are the ones that G_d wrote, and contain all the Law

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
There has been no contradiction on my position throughout this thread.

If you insist. I know what I have read and others will no doubt reading the contradiction. Post #141 spells it out!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic

I think the TEN were the only LAWS written on stone... It wasn't til after Moses broke the first and when back up was there any written on parchment.
So you think Exodus 24:12 is a lie?..
?? I see no contradiction...
12 And Jehovah said unto Moses, Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee the tables of stone, and the law and the commandment, which I have written, that thou mayest teach them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Moses, bidden to go up to God on the mountain to receive "tables of stone, and a law ["Torah"], and commandments ["miẓwot"]" (Ex. xxiv. 12, R. V.), is given "two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God" (ib. xxxi. 18) "on both their sides" (ib. xxxii. 15), "the work of God" (ib. xxxii. 16). Descending from the mount with these two tables, Moses, beholding the iniquity of the golden calf (See Calf, Golden), cast them "out of his hands and brake them" (ib. xxxii. 19). Later he was ordered by God to hew two tables of stone like unto the first; and on these God wrote the words that had been written on the original tablets (ib. xxxiv. 1-4), that is to say, the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments (ib. xxxiv. 28). These new tables also are designated "the two tables of the testimony" (ib. xxxiv. 29). According to I Kings viii. 9, these tables of stone were put by Moses into the Ark at Horeb (ib. xxv. 10 et seq.), and were still in it when the Solomonic Temple was dedicated. http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/14189-tables-of-the-law

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Note that Moses specifically cites the words spoken to the assembly by God himself as what is written on the tablets. Both Exodus and Deuteronomy record God speaking the 10 Commandments directly to the people

Deut 5:1 And Moses summoned all Israel and said to them, “Hear, O Israel, the statutes and the rules that I speak in your hearing today, and you shall learn them and be careful to do them. 2 The LORD our God made a covenant with us in Horeb. 3 Not with our fathers did the LORD make this covenant, but with us, who are all of us here alive today. 4 The LORD spoke with you face to face at the mountain, out of the midst of the fire, 5 while I stood between the LORD and you at that time, to declare to you the word of the LORD. For you were afraid because of the fire, and you did not go up into the mountain. He said:

vs 2-21..THE TEN COMMANDMENTS... ending with

Deut 5:22 These words the LORD spoke to all your assembly at the mountain out of the midst of the fire, the cloud, and the thick darkness, with a loud voice; and he added no more. And he wrote them on two tablets of stone and gave them to me.
Moses specifically cites the words spoken to the assembly by God himself as to what is written on the tablets. Both Exodus and Deuteronomy record God speaking the 10 Commandments directly to the people ... and as it says... He added no more....

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

I think the TEN were the only LAWS written on stone... It wasn't til after Moses broke the first and when back up was there any written on parchment.
?? I see no contradiction...
12 And Jehovah said unto Moses, Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee the tables of stone, and the law and the commandment, which I have written, that thou mayest teach them.

I rest my case.

Upvote 0