Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do the letters J,D,P,,E mean anything to you in relation to the compilation of the Pentateuch?

I've read about this.
But I don't think it was necessarily men - it could've been the angels considering what's written in the New Testament. Just my opinion, anyway. :)
Act 7:53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I've read about this.
But I don't think it was necessarily men - it could've been the angels considering what's written in the New Testament. Just my opinion, anyway. :)
Act 7:53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

The text in Acts 7 is in relation to the spoken word, not the written word. See Hebrews 2:2 :)

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I've read about this.

The text in Acts 7 is in relation to the spoken word, not the written word. See Hebrews 2:2 :)

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I've read about this.

Duplicate post

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I've read about this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Reactions: chunkofcoal
Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But Exodus is clear that it was not just the Decalogue. That is man's excuse not to follow the Law.
What you said here is totally bugging me! Thanks! :D
It's bugging me because when Yeshua was asked what the first (foremost) commandment was, He didn't quote from the Decalogue.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
What you said here is totally bugging me! Thanks! :D
It's bugging me because when Yeshua was asked what the first (foremost) commandment was, He didn't quote from the Decalogue.

No. he quoted from the Sh'ma

Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. he quoted from the Sh'ma
Exactly. So I'm wondering why people think the Ten Commandments are valid, but not the rest.
So you think it is, at least in part, because people think it was only the Ten that were written on the tablets?
(I know about some of the arguments about people keeping and/or not keeping the Law, but this is a new one for me!)

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Exactly. So I'm wondering why people think the Ten Commandments are valid, but not the rest.
So you think it is, at least in part, because people think it was only the Ten that were written on the tablets?
(I know about some of the arguments about people keeping and/or not keeping the Law, but this is a new one for me!)

Or it could be that if they isolate the ten, they do not have to look at the other 603!

Reactions: chunkofcoal
Upvote 0