Jun 11, 2005
✟1,092,262.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
In my voting I will always prioritize survival issues over divisive social issues every time.

What affects more people--lack of safe water in Jackson, MS, extreme water shortages in Arizona, Nevada, and Eastern California--or a very tiny percentage of our population--trans individuals--who want to be treated with dignity being treated as a threat? Trans individuals aren't dangerous. They are no more likely to be pedophiles than any other members of the population. They are more vulnerable than "scary" in my admittedly limited experience.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Water shortages are not about survival.

In Flint, MI, it was.

The Legionnaires’ disease outbreak during the water crisis in Flint, Michigan was one of the largest in U.S. history, sickening at least 90 people, and killing 12, according to state data. But a FRONTLINE investigation strongly suggests the actual toll was much higher.

Legionnaires’ is a severe form of pneumonia that can be fatal if not properly diagnosed and treated, making public awareness critical to combating the disease.
We Found Dozens of Uncounted Deaths During the Flint Water Crisis. Here’s How.

Flint water crisis - Wikipedia

When the city had a financial crisis, the state took over management of the city And the quickest way of getting things back on track was to ignore public health. So the water quality in the city was allowed to deteriorate, killing many people. So it matters. BTW, most of the criminals involved, escaped punishment:

In January 2021, former Michigan Governor Rick Snyder and eight other officials were charged with 34 felony counts and seven misdemeanors—41 counts in all—for their role in the crisis.[15] Two officials were charged with involuntary manslaughter.[16] Fifteen criminal cases have been filed against local and state officials,[17] but only one minor conviction has been obtained, and all other charges have been dismissed or dropped.

Upvote 0

John Owen

Sep 23, 2022
Minneapolis
✟14,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In Flint, MI, it was.

The Legionnaires’ disease outbreak during the water crisis in Flint, Michigan was one of the largest in U.S. history, sickening at least 90 people, and killing 12, according to state data. But a FRONTLINE investigation strongly suggests the actual toll was much higher.

Legionnaires’ is a severe form of pneumonia that can be fatal if not properly diagnosed and treated, making public awareness critical to combating the disease.
We Found Dozens of Uncounted Deaths During the Flint Water Crisis. Here’s How.

When the city had a financial crisis, the state took over management of the city And the quickest way of getting things back on track was to ignore public health. So the water quality in the city was allowed to deteriorate, killing many people. So it matters. BTW, most of the criminals involved, escaped punishment:

In January 2021, former Michigan Governor Rick Snyder and eight other officials were charged with 34 felony counts and seven misdemeanors—41 counts in all—for their role in the crisis.[15] Two officials were charged with involuntary manslaughter.[16] Fifteen criminal cases have been filed against local and state officials,[17] but only one minor conviction has been obtained, and all other charges have been dismissed or dropped.
Naaah. No one died. Of thirst. They died of water contamination.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
You make a lot of sense here.
Yeah, it doesn't seem like a very complicated adjustment to make. There seems to be a movement of "we shouldn't have to change our facilities to accommodate freaks." or something like that.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,092,262.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Naaah. No one died. Of thirst. They died of water contamination.

And supporting government policies that prevent companies from contaminating water and replacing deteriorating sewer infrastructure in a timely manner is more important than making a huge issue out of accommodating the needs of a tiny, tiny fraction of Americans whose gender identity diagnoses are verified and acknowledged by every national group of medical professionals in the United States.

When I use the rest room I don't pay much attention to the others in the room. I do my business, mind my business, wash my hands, and leave. It's not my place to study others to determine if they are trans individuals. They don't intend to harm me or my family. They only want to live in peace.

• Winner
Reactions: The Barbarian
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
When I use the rest room I don't pay much attention to the others in the room. I do my business, mind my business, wash my hands, and leave. It's not my place to study others to determine if they are trans individuals. They don't intend to harm me or my family. They only want to live in peace.

Today's winner.

I always wonder about people who are terrified that a trans person might be in the restroom with them. There's more going on there than they want us to know about, I think. Not a reflection on anyone here, of course.

• Agree
Reactions: kiwimac
Upvote 0

John Owen

Sep 23, 2022
Minneapolis
✟14,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And supporting government policies that prevent companies from contaminating water and replacing deteriorating sewer infrastructure in a timely manner is more important than making a huge issue out of accommodating the needs of a tiny, tiny fraction of Americans whose gender identity diagnoses are verified and acknowledged by every national group of medical professionals in the United States.

I don't want my female daughter to be subject to a boy looking at her in the bathroom.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟338,010.00
Faith
Pentecostal

Oh good grief. You would start noticing if men were in your bathroom.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟338,010.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Today's winner.

I always wonder about people who are terrified that a trans person might be in the restroom with them. There's more going on there than they want us to know about, I think. Not a reflection on anyone here, of course.

Nobodies terrified. Give me a break. Women want a deserve their privacy from men being in their space. I've always said if you honestly look like the sex you want to be, then no one is going to notice. But you have got to be extremely naive to think that's always the case. We have men who look like men going into the women's bathrooms. THATS the problem. The problem isn't some dude who actually looks like a woman. We've gone for years and years without noticing that. No one said a peep. Until men who look like men decided they wanted to use the women's bathroom and use the woman's locker room and women's showers.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Probably why they have doors on the stalls. Girls don't like other girls looking at them, either.

This is WAY beyond bathrooms.

No, I don't think so. Where I live, even men's room stalls have doors. We don't like other guys watching, either.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Nobodies terrified. Give me a break. Women want a deserve their privacy from men being in their space.

Don't think I've seen a poll on that. (Barbarian checks) Ah...

Americans aged 18 to 29 favor letting transgender people use the restroom of their identity by a 2-to-1 ratio. Among Americans aged 60 or more, the ratio was 2-to-1 in reverse with people saying restroom use should be mandated by the gender on one’s birth certificate.

Forty-four percent of women favor letting a man who is in transition from male to female into their public toilets, compared to 39 percent who say they must use the facilities matching their gender assigned at birth.

“As long as they’re not harming anyone, not harming children, and are dressed as male or female according to the bathroom where they are going, they have the same rights as everybody else,” said Debbie Dellera, 65, a Republican and Donald Trump supporter from central New Jersey who participated in the poll.
Exclusive: Women, young more open on transgender issue in U.S. - Reuters/Ipsos poll

No, it appears that you are wrong. Looks like old men are more scared than other people. Which I guess is understandable.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,092,262.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Trans people who are transitioning, or who can't yet afford transitioning, usually try to dress according to their gender identity. They may not be very successful, but I have never seen one act inappropriately or sexually towards anyone in a public setting or rest room. They fear rejection. They seek acceptance. A trans woman I know was once so despondent she was walking on the bridge between states late at night. A police officer walked up to her, called her a name, and told her she should jump off. Do you not think that society's treatment will make them fearful and reticent---not aggressively pushy?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟338,010.00
Faith
Pentecostal

Americans aged 18 to 29 favor letting transgender people use the restroom of their identity by a 2-to-1 ratio. Among Americans aged 60 or more, the ratio was 2-to-1 in reverse with people saying restroom use should be mandated by the gender on one’s birth certificate.

Forty-four percent of women favor letting a man who is in transition from male to female into their public toilets, compared to 39 percent who say they must use the facilities matching their gender assigned at birth.

“As long as they’re not harming anyone, not harming children, and are dressed as male or female according to the bathroom where they are going, they have the same rights as everybody else,” said Debbie Dellera, 65, a Republican and Donald Trump supporter from central New Jersey who participated in the poll.
Exclusive: Women, young more open on transgender issue in U.S. - Reuters/Ipsos poll

No, it appears that you are wrong. Looks like old men are more scared than other people. Which I guess is understandable.

See that's the caveat. They don't want me that look like men in their bathrooms. They are willing that those that are actually transitioning and look the part to use the bathroom.

Nobody is terrified. Stop being silly.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟338,010.00
Faith
Pentecostal

Of course people are going to say they support it. Why wouldn't they when they have been told that if they do t they are transphobic. They are terrified if trans people if they speak out. How dare they say such a thing. And they' ve been inundated through the media and education system that it's okay if a man uses a woman's bathroom. It's wonderful in fact and if you think it's wrong there is something wrong with you! You are the bad guy.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/11/27/14/21535920-7731627-image-a-55_1574866502795.jpg

If the polls included photos like this and asked if it was okay I bet you'd get a different result.

• Agree
Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,386.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Trans people who are transitioning, or who can't yet afford transitioning, usually try to dress according to their gender identity. They may not be very successful, but I have never seen one act inappropriately or sexually towards anyone in a public setting or rest room. They fear rejection. They seek acceptance. A trans woman I know was once so despondent she was walking on the bridge between states late at night. A police officer walked up to her, called her a name, and told her she should jump off. Do you not think that society's treatment will make them fearful and reticent---not aggressively pushy?

By her, do you mean you affirm his self professed identity or do you mean her, that she was pretending to be a man? Why does society have to accept trans individuals or their ideology which renders gender subject to personal preference divorced from the body and an actual Christian conception of male and female?

• Agree
Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟143,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes they are all harmless and gentle, rainbows and unicorns Trans prisoner who impregnated two women is ‘psychopath’

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
If the polls included photos like this and asked if it was okay I bet you'd get a different result.

Yeah, if the guys who hate them can just do scary pictures, and get people to buy into that so they can see how thos guys see trans people, it can make a difference. Worked for others in the past.

Yes they are all harmless and gentle, rainbows and unicorns

Not all of them. But from the data, a much smaller percentage than other people. In fact, they are far more likely to be victims of violence:

Transgender people over four times more likely than cisgender people to be victims of violent crime

Transgender people are over four times more likely than cisgender people to experience violent victimization, including rape, sexual assault, and aggravated or simple assault, according to a new study by the Williams Institute at UCLA School of Law. In addition, households with a transgender person had higher rates of property victimization than cisgender households.
Transgender people over four times more likely than cisgender people to be victims of violent crime

Some of it is likely motivated by hatred. But not all of it. It's a point worth noting. Thanks.

Upvote 0