Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You think God punishes sinners by making them homosexual?
Seriously? I think you got that wrong.

What do you think those verses mean then? Romans 1:24-27

It means that, if you don't follow God, you will follow your own nature and give in to sin. God doesn't punish people by making them homosexual. We all have our own crosses to bear. That's a particularly heavy one. But the Christian understanding of all sins, including this one, is that we are called on to resist our nature and to seek God.

Chastity and homosexuality
2357 Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an
exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great
variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. It psychological genesis remains
largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts
of grave depravity (Cf. Genesis 19:1-29; Romans 1:24-27; 1 Corinthians 6:10; 1 Timothy 1:10),
tradition has always declared that “homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered.” (Congregation
for the Doctrine of the Faith, Persona humana, 8). They are contrary to the natural law. They
close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual
complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not
negligible. They do not choose their homosexual condition; for most of them it is a trial. They
must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination
in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God’s will in their lives and,
if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord’s Cross the difficulties they may
encounter from their condition.

We all like to think that our sins are nicer than the other guy's sins. I pay attention to the ones I need to work on before I'll be looking for the mote in someone else's eye.

Wouldn't it be a better world if we all did that?

First That verse talks about thy [brother's] eye.

Often, people think that they should only care about those who share their religious ideas. But that's not what Jesus said. The parable of the Good Samaritan is not "it's nice to help others." It's about who our brothers are.

The world would be better if everyone followed Gods laws.

It would be. Even the ones we would rather not have placed on us. I know my sins aren't nicer than those of other people. But not everyone gets this.

Do you want to just let gay people to die in their sins?

I don't want anyone to die for their sins. It doesn't help if one obsesses on particular sins, for whatever reason that might be.

Is it not love to tell them they are sinning against God?

2359 Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them
their inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and
sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.

It would be helpful to approach the issue in a Christian manner. Consider for a moment that homosexuality was a common thing in the Mediterranean world in Jesus' time. How much time did He spend preaching about that, as opposed to sins of malice, greed, and pride?

It's a deadly sin like so many others. The problem is, it causes emotional responses in many people that makes it difficult for them to be rational and Christlike in dealing with it.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Amen. Unfortunately, the left won't like hearing this. They support the so-called "gay rights."

There should be no "gay rights" any more than there should be "straight rights." There should only be rights. And yes, homosexuals have the same rights anyone else has. And remember, a celibate homosexual is as praiseworthy as a celibate unmarried heterosexual.

Upvote 0