Salvation Lost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, is it possible that one could pray to be saved, not really recieve Him as Lord, and then lose that "salvation", thus 'once saved always saved' would not be true, until we accept Him as Lord? You know, believe one is saved, but not really be? I am not saying this is how it is, I am feeling out things, so, give me what you got.

I guess what I am trying to say, can we really be saved if we don't Him as Lord? I think that once you REALLY give yourself to Him, you cannot leave Him. When I had prayed before, I went on sinning, not feeling any kind of conviction. When I met Him personally, and gave myself over for real, whenever I would sin, I would feel LOTS of conviction!! There was a difference.

Upvote 0
That is exactly my point. There are ppl in this world who believe that they are saved, because they said a prayer. I believe this false "salvation" is the one that is lost. These ppl need to be taught the TRUTH. One has to recieve Jesus as Lord, and commit thier lives to Him and His service, walk the walk and talk the talk. The "heart" change to which you refer is true salvation.

Upvote 0
Ed, I thought about that when I first started posting, because I myself am not really a 'new' Christian. But, I also knew that there would be alot of 'mature' Christians coming here to help, and I am looking for help in this area. Also, I believe that time is short, therefore, it is imparitive that we do not 'softpeddle' the gospel, even to 'new' Christians. They need the entire truth, just as those who are more 'mature'. Thank you MizDoulos, you have greatly helped me in understanding. God is so good!!

Upvote 0

soulsisterclaire

JESUS DIED FOR YOU & ME
Feb 26, 2002
Alabama
Visit site
✟1,279.00
Originally posted by StogusMaximus
Removed last couple of posts because of a reference to teachings by a "controversial" author.

Stogus -

I am ignorant to what you are talking about. Please tell me what is bad about the author he mentioned. PM me if you have to please. The same author was mentioned in another post on another thread.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

edjones

Jan 15, 2002
✟1,549.00
Any Christian who is not clear about the difference between salvation and reward will have difficulty being assured of his salvation. Salvation is by grace through faith (Eph. 2:8 ), whereas reward is the result of working according to the Lord’s will (Matt. 16:27; 1 Cor. 3:14 ).

Ephesians 2
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Matthew 16
27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

1 Corinthians 3
14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.