Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am at peace He gave Me His precious Spirit

I rely on God not me.

Ephesians 4:30 "And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption."

Timothy 2:13
"If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself."

Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Salvation is already done.

This is encouragement to those who know the true Gospel of Jesus which is salvation apart from works. I have no time to waste with the wisdom of men that will throw away God’s word using man made wisdom to dismiss what they don’t want to believe. So I will not waste my time responding to those who pursue works salvation.

Salvation is a gift. (Eph 2:8 You did not save yourselves; it was a gift from God.) You did not save yourself, well if you did not save yourself that in and of itself tells us that salvation has nothing to do with what we do in order to obtain it outside of believing it. Anything that you have to do in order to receive a gift makes it a trade and not a gift. Therefore this teaching of repent of sin (which does not exist in the Bible) in order to get salvation is a lie of the devil. Furthermore, how can it be that one would have to turn from sin to obtain something already done and given.

God was in Christ, was is past tense; making peace, when was that done, when Jesus died and rose again. Salvation was already done before we was even born. (2Co 5:19 I mean that God was in Christ, making peace between the world and himself. In Christ, God did not hold people guilty for their sins. And he gave us this message of peace to tell people.)

Now consider who God is. (1Jn 4:8 ...God is love.) God is love, so if we can find a definition of what love is we can then come to understand not only the person of God but also is nature and character and what to expect from him. (1 Cor 4-7: 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.)

Pay close attention to love is not self seeking. Therefore God is not seeking for anyone to do works be it for salvation or to prove your salvation. God is not seeking anything for himself from you other than just have faith in him. Love keeps no record of wrongs. Now that is the pinnacle of one of the greatest statements we could grab a hold of. All our sins are paid for and erased past, present and future. Love keeps no record of wrongs. When was that done, at the cross. And to whom was this given, to the world (Jn 3:16). The fact it was done for the world and before time began then every sin was dealt with and erased to those who will believe.

Love always protects. Love is protecting your eternal life. Once by faith we have accepted the free gift of salvation that was already done, then love comes in and protects you. What is love going to protect you from? Everything that comes to harm the object of one’s love. And what would be the greatest harm that could ever come to anyone, to be cast into hell. Therefore, God’s plan of salvation included the greatest protection plan, to preserve all of His children unto His heavenly kingdom.
Repentance isn't needed?

I would point out the following scriptures:

Matthew 3:8-12, Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance. And think not to say within yourselves, we have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham. And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire: Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

Luke 3:3, And he came into all the country round about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;

Luke 13:1-5, There were present at that season some that told him of the Galileans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galileans were sinners above all the Galileans , because they suffered such things? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

If you have a mind to study, look up Matthew 11:7-19, which shows that Jesus substantiated the ministry of John the Baptist, even calling him Elijah, the fulfillment of Malachi 4:5 (and that he will come yet another time).

Now the fruit of the Spirit is among other things goodness (Galatians 5:22-23). So if we repent and give our hearts to Jesus Christ, believing in and trusting in His finished work to save us (and in that He said, "Father, into thy hands I commend my Spirit", which Spirit was poured out on the early church and also indwells every believer since, and produces the fruit of repentance in those who are indeed indwelt by Him); He will produce the fruit of goodness in our behaviour: there is no excuse for calling myself a "sinner saved by grace" implying that I do not need to repent in order to be saved. The scriptures above show that if we do not bear fruits worthy of repentance, the axe will be laid to our root and we will be cast as chaff into unquenchable fire.

And it is by faith in Jesus Christ that the love of God is shed abroad in my heart so that the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in me (Romans 5:5, Romans 8:4, Romans 13:8-10).

Righteous living is the result of a living and saving faith in Jesus Christ (Matthew 5:6, Romans 5:19, 1 John 3:7).

If I do not have works, I should question as to whether I have a living/saving faith (James 1:22-2:26). Now I am not saved by works, Romans 4:1-8, Titus 3:4-7, Romans 11:5-6. But if anyone truly understands the lengths Jesus went to redeem us, and understands that they are not going to hell anymore but to heaven as the result of Jesus' great suffering on the Cross, they will respond with gratitude and love. And real love by nature is not in word or in tongue only, but in deed and in truth (1 John 3:18). Therefore I am saved apart from works, and yet I am saved unto doing the good works that God hath before prepared for me to do (Ephesians 2:10). Works are the effect of salvation, not the cause.

Therefore when we come to 2 Corinthians 13:5, we find that if we do not have works after an extended period of time in being a Christian, we should make the conclusion that we are not in the faith. God gives to every believer a spiritual gift and wants us to operate in that gift. As true believers, we do not take our talent and bury it in the sand, but we trade with our talents and produce double what the Lord gave us; or at the very least we should take our money to the exchangers and let them trade with it so the Lord can receive back what He gave us with interest.

All the redeemed have an attitude of wanting to serve the Lord. We have been forgiven much, and therefore we love Jesus much (Luke 7:36-50); so we desire to give back to the Lord the love that He has so freely given unto us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cheylynn

Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2017
Vancouver Island
✟112,033.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Repentance isn't needed?

I would point out the following scriptures:

Matthew 3:8-12, Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance. And think not to say within yourselves, we have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham. And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire: Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

Luke 3:3, And he came into all the country round about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;

Luke 13:1-5, There were present at that season some that told him of the Galileans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galileans were sinners above all the Galileans , because they suffered such things? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

If you have a mind to study, look up Matthew 11:7-19, which shows that Jesus substantiated the ministry of John the Baptist, even calling him Elijah, the fulfillment of Malachi 4:5 (and that he will come yet another time).

Now the fruit of the Spirit is among other things goodness (Galatians 5:22-23). So if we repent and give our hearts to Jesus Christ, believing in and trusting in His finished work to save us (and in that He said, "Father, into thy hands I commend my Spirit", which Spirit was poured out on the early church and also indwells every believer since, and produces the fruit of repentance in those who are indeed indwelt by Him); He will produce the fruit of goodness in our behaviour: there is no excuse for calling myself a "sinner saved by grace" implying that I do not need to repent in order to be saved. The scriptures above show that if we do not bear fruits worthy of repentance, the axe will be laid to our root and we will be cast as chaff into unquenchable fire.

And it is by faith in Jesus Christ that the love of God is shed abroad in my heart so that the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in me (Romans 5:5, Romans 8:4, Romans 13:8-10).

Righteous living is the result of a living and saving faith in Jesus Christ (Matthew 5:6, Romans 5:19, 1 John 3:7).

If I do not have works, I should question as to whether I have a living/saving faith (James 1:22-2:26). Now I am not saved by works, Romans 4:1-8, Titus 3:4-7, Romans 11:5-6. But if anyone truly understands the lengths Jesus went to redeem us, and understands that they are not going to hell anymore but to heaven as the result of Jesus' great suffering on the Cross, they will respond with gratitude and love. And real love by nature is not in word or in tongue only, but in deed and in truth (1 John 3:18). Therefore I am saved apart from works, and yet I am saved unto doing the good works that God hath before prepared for me to do (Ephesians 2:10). Works are the effect of salvation, not the cause.

Therefore when we come to 2 Corinthians 13:5, we find that if we do not have works after an extended period of time in being a Christian, we should make the conclusion that we are not in the faith. God gives to every believer a spiritual gift and wants us to operate in that gift. As true believers, we do not take our talent and bury it in the sand, but we trade with our talents and produce double what the Lord gave us; or at the very least we should take our money to the exchangers and let them trade with it so the Lord can receive back what He gave us with interest.

All the redeemed have an attitude of wanting to serve the Lord. We have been forgiven much, and therefore we love Jesus much (Luke 7:36-50); so we desire to give back to the Lord the love that He has so freely given unto us.
Lets also add Jesus Himself in Revelation when He talks to the churches - telling them they must repent!

Reactions: justbyfaith
Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't know anything....but My own experience...Before I recognized maybe that I had repented, I begin to love, forgive, and sought to do good. And when I knew GOD had forgiven me, after crying out with my heart for His presence....out of the blue along the way I knew He had forgiven me. I was filled with Joy at least 3 months. and I shared the word and felt it opened up to me.
Its a continued relationship and I do not wish to lose the "life" that He has given me, but only to grow more into His presence [have more of His Life] and if we want to live we must die.
God has blessed me with an awesome spouse, and when I begin to do my Job for the Lord He blessed me to have a zeal for it where I never did. So there are things still that I know of that need conquering in my life.For I know without faith it's impossible to please God. So please if you are at a righteous standing with God pray for me that God Helps me to obey Him.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

This is another wonderful quote from Philippians often seem to forget.

Philippians is probably my favorite Bible book; or among my favorites.

Upvote 0