Milwaukee
✟25,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Probably.... The bible says that God will send a great deception.. or "allow" a great deception..

I don't think second chances are big on His list.. But that's me.

Why are you so worried? If you are saved... you're fine.
Yea your right he doesnt do second chances

Upvote 0

Serenity Armstead

Oct 25, 2018
Milwaukee
✟25,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Where does it state that?

If you are a sinner, which we all are, and you accept Christ, He covers all your sins... the only unforgivable sin is the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit..
It says that in 1 corinthians 6:9-10 any believer who continues to practice sin and does not repent for it wont go to heaven so your right if christians are left behind its because they didnt follow Gods law or they rejected him

Upvote 0

Serenity Armstead

Oct 25, 2018
Milwaukee
✟25,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Where does it state that?

If you are a sinner, which we all are, and you accept Christ, He covers all your sins... the only unforgivable sin is the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit..
Do you think God will forgive someone who accidentally blasphemes the holy spirit?

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Do you think God will forgive someone who accidentally blasphemes the holy spirit?
You can't accidentally blaspheme the HS in the way it means in the narrative of to condemnation. This is something you willfully did by rejecting the witness of the HS showing you Jesus Christ and you went to the grave that way. Blaspheming the HS in this way isn't just saying a dirty word or error. It's a belief. You don't/can't do it accidentally.

• Agree
Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

Serenity Armstead

Oct 25, 2018
Milwaukee
✟25,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You can't accidentally blaspheme the HS in the way it means in the narrative of to condemnation. This is something you willfully did by rejecting the witness of the HS showing you Jesus Christ and you went to the grave that way. Blaspheming the HS in this way isn't just saying a dirty word or error. It's a belief. You don't/can't do it accidentally.
In the scriptures it says the pharisees commited the unforgiveable sin by saying words so its something you have to say in regards to the holy spirit

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
In the scriptures it says the pharisees commited the unforgiveable sin by saying words so its something you have to say in regards to the holy spirit
Based on their belief, grieving the Holy Spirit was rejecting Christ and calling him evil. An event when He was on earth, they had all the signs right in front of them, of Him. And rejected them.

• Agree
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I believe that God does not only give each person 1 singular chance to believe the Gospel, you can reject a gospel that you hear and still come to believe it later. People change. If you introduce Christianity to a young teen and they reject it, does that mean that 20 years later it's impossible for them to repent? No. Peter denied Christ 3 times in 1 night. He then repented when the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] crowed.
My own testimony on this.
I was not raised by a Christian family, my first introduction to Jesus was when I was about 5 or 6 through the lady that ran my daycare. She tried to tell me based on the old testament, I knew Jesus was the Son of God, and God created the earth, but the message of salvation was lost because she taught a works based salvation, the importance of Jesus Himself was completely lost in the teaching because of the emphasis on works and obedience. What's the point of a savior if you're saving yourself according to theid doctrine? It didn't make sense. Also being that young, a lot of other topics simply did not make sense, praying for the end of the world and the world being destroyed by fire? Before you understand the resurrection, before you understand the new earth, before you understand the second coming of Christ, that sounds like a suicide pact! So yes I rejected their teaching, it didn't help that they abused me, so I saw whatever they were trying to teach as a bad thing because they were bad people.
I didn't come to Christ until I was about 12, and different circumstances happened then. I was friends with neighbors who were Christians and so first off, I'm much more willing to listen to what decent people have to say about Jesus than what people who would abuse me would say. Secondly they got me to go to vacation bible school over the summer, so that I could be properly taught the Gospel by people who knew what they were doing. It made much more SENSE when you realized that the reason we call Jesus the savior is not because He's just the son of God but because He actually went to bat for us and was sacrificed to atone for our sins. That made me realize the greatness and goodness of God where the prior teaching only managed to get through to me that God was just some mean guy in the sky smiting people for making mistakes. THAT is when I believed.

But you see, there are multiple factors at play.
1. The quality of the witness you received. Nobody is perfect, and if they are bad people trying to teach you anything, even a good thing, their teaching will be poisoned by their own shortcomings. The right teacher can be the difference between salvation and condemnation. So always strive to be a better witness when you try to bring others to Christ, their judgement of Christ and your teaching might be skewed because of their judgement of you.
2. False doctrines can muddy up a message to not make sense anymore If you teach an incorrect doctrine is it any wonder why someone would feel your religion makes no sense and rejects it but later converts when they hear better doctrine?
3. The age and maturity of the listener plays a big factor, if a young child or even young teenager rejects the message they just might not be ready for it and understand it yet. Give them time. Revisit the gospel when they're older, when they're more mentally mature and maybe their circumstances have changed. You know how many people converted after they hit rock bottom in their life?

Great post... and..

Yes, I stand corrected. I should have said that, while you are alive you will have all the chances that you need... Upon your death.. I believe all bets are off the deal is done.. And same with the rapture.. But, again, that's my view.

Reactions: Jamdoc
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I am of the belief that you cannot "accidentally" blaspheme the Holy Spirit. I fully believe that people who do this know full well what they are doing and don't care. It's not something that you "might" have done and aren't sure if you did or not... Nor are you going to worry if you did or want to take it back...

• Agree
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Basically if your a christian & you get left behind that means your not going to heaven right?because God gave you a chance to get it right before he came back...?

Fear not Serenity! If you are a Christian you will be taken up! OUr Chriastianity nor our salvation are dependent on how successful we are in doing works. We are saved and kept by Jesus . That is not a license to sin, but a license to rejoice and let the love that God shed abroad in your heart to flourish and do the good works God predestined you to do!

Be an obedient child and not a disobedient child. But once you trusted Jesus- you are God's child forever.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Basically if your a christian & you get left behind that means your not going to heaven right?because God gave you a chance to get it right before he came back...?
I am going to make this as simple as possible. Jesus Christ of Nazareth never said those left behind are those who are not saved. He said the opposite. " It will be like the days of Noah". Who was taken ?
It is up to all of us to read through the entire chapter instead of falling into the error of Dispensational Futurism.
Blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I am going to make this as simple as possible. Jesus Christ of Nazareth never said those left behind are those who are not saved. He said the opposite. " It will be like the days of Noah". Who was taken ?
It is up to all of us to read through the entire chapter instead of falling into the error of Dispensational Futurism.
Blessings
"Who was taken"... the only righteous of the entire world... that's who.

Upvote 0