Sep 21, 2004
The Republic of Texas
Visit site
✟694.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Since I was in here reading and writing I figured I'd post this question in the TAW forums as well. (I also tend to respect the answers I get here more than the ones I get from some other areas of this site, but that's another issue entirely.) Anyway, the question is basically, before Christ salvation was pretty much only through the Law and sacrifice. Now that Christ has come and brought w/ him the new covenant, what happens to those who still do it the old way? Is that no longer a legitimate means to salvation? Hope the question makes sense...

Singing Bush

Sep 21, 2004
The Republic of Texas
Visit site
✟694.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Michael the Iconographer said:
It is no longer a legitimate means to salvation. Salvation is now through Christ and there is no other way.
I appreciate the quick reply, but forgive me if my thirst for knowledge and understanding isn't sated by that. Is there any sort of explanation you can provide? Thanks.

Upvote 0

gzt

The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.07 billion years
Jul 14, 2004
Abolish ICE
Visit site
✟118,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
All salvation is through Christ, not just salvation after Christ. Now we know it is through Christ, those who received salvation before Christ only experienced salvation through Christ, though they did not know it. They were only saved after Christ. I think the best explanation of how we attain salvation is either in the canon of the Liturgy of St. Basil or St. Athanasius's "On the Incarnation of the Word". Both can be found through google.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.