The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
First I spoke with Paul Cox of Leicester, N.C. He and his wife Michelle had lamented to Hannity that because of Obamacare, they can’t grow their construction business and they have kept their employees below a certain number of hours, so that they are part-timers.

Obamacare has no effect on businesses with 49 employees or less. But in our brief conversation on the phone, Paul revealed that he has only four employees. Why the cutback on his workforce? “Well,” he said, “I haven’t been forced to do so, it’s just that I’ve chosen to do so. I have to deal with increased costs.” What costs? And how, I asked him, is any of it due to Obamacare? There was a long pause, after which he said he’d call me back. He never did.

Source

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh, Salon.com they shill anyone who leans left and basically kiss any left wing idea with no hesitation.
Maybe so but that does not really address the issue in the OP. What happened to Paul?

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Oh, Salon.com they shill anyone who leans left and basically kiss any left wing idea with no hesitation.

Perhaps that's true, but in every conversation I've had on here with someone complaining that Obamacare is terrible because their premiums are going up, when you ask them if they've looked on the exchanges they say no. They have never given me a really good reason why they don't do that, except I guess they want Obamacare to fail so they figure if they do nothing it's for the best.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Maybe, but the article is pretty well referenced. You can verify the numbers for yourself, if you like. Also, it highlights the interesting trend of Obamacare detractors who haven't really looked into the issue but just decided beforehand they didn't like it, presumably because it's Obama.

Upvote 0

sylverpiano

unworthy
Oct 14, 2010
✟53,702.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As all of you know by now, I am a small business owner. There are 37 people in my group health plan. I pay 70% of the premium for all employees. They pay the remaining 30%. Despite what I read on message boards and hear from talk radio, the premiums for my plan have not increased, nor have I been notified that they will be.

I cut a pretty healthy quarterly check to our provider, but my employees have a good health care plan. These people work very hard, and are the major reason that my business is a success. I am happy to be able to provide good benefits to them.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
As all of you know by now, I am a small business owner. There are 37 people in my group health plan. I pay 70% of the premium for all employees. They pay the remaining 30%. Despite what I read on message boards and hear from talk radio, the premiums for my plan have not increased, nor have I been notified that they will be.

I cut a pretty healthy quarterly check to our provider, but my employees have a good health care plan. These people work very hard, and are the major reason that my business is a success. I am happy to be able to provide good benefits to them.

You sound like an excellent business owner and employer. Good for you! :)

Upvote 0

KatherineS

Jan 31, 2010
Washington, DC
✟5,152.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status

Good for you! Here in DC many small businesses are saying their premiums are going down by buying it on the Exchange.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums