North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
WASHINGTON - Contaminated fresh tomatoes served in restaurants were the cause of a recent salmonella outbreak that sickened dozens of people in 21 states, health officials said Friday.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15549821/

Seems we are taking a risk ANYTIME we eat out anymore. Do you really trust our food supply anymore? I know I sure don't! :prayer: :prayer: :groupray:

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
WASHINGTON - Contaminated fresh tomatoes served in restaurants were the cause of a recent salmonella outbreak that sickened dozens of people in 21 states, health officials said Friday.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15549821/

Seems we are taking a risk ANYTIME we eat out anymore. Do you really trust our food supply anymore? I know I sure don't! :prayer: :prayer: :groupray:

You're taking a risk with just about everything you do. You take a risk when you walk out the door. Risks are just something we have to deal with. They're a fact of life. The wise thing is knowing when to take a risk and when not to. If you go into a restaurant and see a cockroach scurry across the floor, the wise thing to do would be to walk out and call the health department.

Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Best movie Hollywood ever didn't make was "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes". Think that was one of the Carter Era Productions which brought us so many wonderful things. Saw one movie after that and then decided it wasn't worth the effort.

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
You're taking a risk with just about everything you do. You take a risk when you walk out the door. Risks are just something we have to deal with. They're a fact of life. The wise thing is knowing when to take a risk and when not to. If you go into a restaurant and see a cockroach scurry across the floor, the wise thing to do would be to walk out and call the health department.

True but I'm sure all the resturaunts in 21 states that people got sick from, did not obviously have roaches running about,who WOULD eat in such a place anyway? :scratch:

Upvote 0

LoG

Veteran
Site Supporter
May 14, 2005
✟70,204.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
who WOULD eat in such a place anyway? :scratch:

Well if there are roaches there the food must be edible;)

Likely the tainted tomatoes will be traced back to one particular supplier whose business is mainly resteraunts. Could just as easily have been shipped to grocery stores, canning plants etc. As has been said already, life is risk.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
✟108,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
True but I'm sure all the resturaunts is 21 states that people got sick from, did not obviously have roaches running about,who WOULD eat in such a place anyway? :scratch:

Not very many people I would hope. I know I wouldn't eat in such a place! ;) :sick:

Upvote 0

Petunia

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
✟211,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Canned stuff is safe.

I'm not too sure about that. I opened a can of clam chowder soup for dinner on thursday night.. and have been sick all weekend!
^_^

Oh wait! I ate some fresh red grapes too. Could have been the grapes!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Isn't Salmonella a strange bacteria to be traced to tomatoes? I mean the first thing I thought about the story was "it probably came from watering with some poor quality water",but then that is more likely to have e-coli,so I'm curious to find out how in the world did tomatoes get contaminated with Salmonella? IF we ever do hear the facts. :confused: :scratch:

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
✟108,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
True but I'm sure all the resturaunts in 21 states that people got sick from, did not obviously have roaches running about,who WOULD eat in such a place anyway? :scratch:

Isn't Salmonella a strange bacteria to be traced to tomatoes? I mean the first thing I thought about the story was "it probably came from watering with some poor quality water",but then that is more likely to have e-coli,so I'm curious to find out how in the world did tomatoes get contaminated with Salmonella? IF we ever do hear the facts. :confused: :scratch:

Its possible that someone cut some infected meat and then placed the tomatos right where the meat was cut.

Upvote 0