• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Saints

Discussion in 'Christian History' started by Behold, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Behold

Behold Well-Known Member

+247
    Israel
    Christian
    Married
    In some ways, the phrase "favorite Saint" is a bit humorous, as all the born again are "Saints".
    God has no favorites , He just has those who do more for Him, and understand more from Him.

The Catholic church of course finessed this idea of "Saint" and redefined it and rebranded it as the idea of "famous".

In the history of the Church there have been some "famous" believers who are well worth learning about, as i find that when i read about the LIFE of someone from the Past who gave everything, gave all, to God, it helps me to stay in search of an ever deepening walk with God.

I'll list a few "Saints" for you, and if you are curious, then do a Wiki search, or go deeper and order a book, or do a really refined "Bing" or "Google" or similar search, and see if you are not also captivated and inspired by these Trophies of God's Amazing Grace.

1. St Francis

2. Mary Of Egypt.

3. Joan of Arc

4. St Bernard Of Clairvaux

5. Hildegard of Bingen

6. Dionysius

7. Richard of St. Victor

8. Gregory of Nyssa

Book you should get :

Foxe's Book Of Martyrs

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?