• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Safe place - Venting thread

J

Jenster

I am venting here because I don't want to get into an argument with anyone by posting in any other CF forum. I just want to vent my feelings and opinion. I am very disturbed that President Obama has OKd embryonic stem cell research. It is very frustrating. I have read about breakthroughs using adult stem cells, that researchers are now able to turn them into flexible stem cells that can turn into any kind of body cell. I think that is the way to go. They don't need to use cells taken from human embryos. It concerns me greatly that Obama thinks morality has no place in science. It is too disturbing for me to talk about.

Upvote 0

thelost

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
✟7,639.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am venting here because I don't want to get into an argument with anyone by posting in any other CF forum. I just want to vent my feelings and opinion. I am very disturbed that President Obama has OKd embryonic stem cell research. It is very frustrating. I have read about breakthroughs using adult stem cells, that researchers are now able to turn them into flexible stem cells that can turn into any kind of body cell. I think that is the way to go. They don't need to use cells taken from human embryos. It concerns me greatly that Obama thinks morality has no place in science. It is too disturbing for me to talk about.

The way I look at it. I would rather die from the disease thats killing me rather than take the life of an unborn baby. God have mercy on them.

Upvote 0

Chococat

I love Jesus and kittycats
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟10,828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am venting about the fact that some of the most nasty vicious people on the Net including CF call themselves Christians. These "Christians" are totally lacking in compassion for their weaker brethren who may be struggling with besetting sin or depression or any number of problems. In fact these people often seem to take some sort of sick pleasure in putting the boot in. I have been struggling with things in my life and have sometimes reached out for comfort from my fellow Christians only to be made to feel 10 times worse than I did originally by the unsympathetic and sometimes down right nasty words of other Christians who have told me it is all my fault (yes some of it is). I have been told that my friends should ditch me and are probably just being friends with me out of a sense of duty. I have been called a codependent, manipulative person by someone who implied I am a "psycho" or a "stalker". These people seem to think they have all the answers but they forget what Paul the Apostle said. You can have all the answers but if you don't have love it is useless! In a way I feel sorry for these people because they must be hurting even more than me. I also hope they are not among the number of false believers who will hear Christ tell them to get lost on Judgment Day!:preach::mad::sigh::cry:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BlessEwe

Legend
Dec 22, 2003
California
Visit site
✟33,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am venting about the fact that some of the most nasty vicious people on the Net including CF call themselves Christians. These "Christians" are totally lacking in compassion for their weaker brethren who may be struggling with besetting sin or depression or any number of problems. In fact these people often seem to take some sort of sick pleasure in putting the boot in. I have been struggling with things in my life and have sometimes reached out for comfort from my fellow Christians only to be made to feel 10 times worse than I did originally by the unsympathetic and sometimes down right nasty words of other Christians who have told me it is all my fault (yes some of it is). I have been told that my friends should ditch me and are probably just being friends with me out of a sense of duty. I have been called a codependent, manipulative person by someone who implied I am a "psycho" or a "stalker". These people seem to think they have all the answers but they forget what Paul the Apostle said. You can have all the answers but if you don't have love it is useless! In a way I feel sorry for these people because they must be hurting even more than me. I also hope they are not among the number of false believers who will hear Christ tell me to get lost on Judgment Day!:preach::mad::sigh::cry:

Yes this can be very disturbing, and frustrating. I guess it shows us that we are all human and make mistakes sometimes without even knowing it.
This is why we have to know that We have no control over other peoples actions, only how we respond to it.

I have had 2 reactions from people compassion, or judgemental. The judging comes from not having a clue what I am talking about, or never experienced it.
Compassion comes from the discernment from God, or having been through it themself.

So with this said we have to really have a understanding that all will not respond in the same way and not take things personal ( very hard to do at times).

God Bless.

Upvote 0

Chococat

I love Jesus and kittycats
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟10,828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for the kindness Criada and BlessEwe.:hug::hug:I must emphasise that most people in the Recovery Section are lovely, compassionate people and the jerks are only a tiny minority. However it does make you (or at least me) very wary of pouring out your heart after being burned twice by these people. When you are already hurting the last thing you need is to be preached at and given a list of all you are doing wrong. It just makes you feel even worse than when you originally posted. Often a hurting person does not need someone with all the answers, though of course Godly advice never goes amiss, they need someone who will listen and show compassion.

Upvote 0