Saddam is dead....

R

RigalCygnos

Originally Posted by Brittney7711
If the US news media doesn't show the legalized murder (aka "executions") of US citizens, why should it show pictures and video of SH's hanging? :confused:
End rant.

To prove he's dead.

Actually, I wondered about the positioning of the noose, all I had ever seen was placed behind the head, not in front. I came across this quote in a blog:

Dec 30, 2006 8:03:22 PM
"This hanging was done by someone who knew exactly what he was doing. Look at how much slack there was in the rope. It was a "long drop", and there was a pipe hidden in the hangman's knot, so that the rope wouldn't catch.

His neck is clearly broken, and witnesses report that he died almost immediately. Definitely, a pro job.

The typical Middle East hanging is a slow strangulation."

In spite of all the negative hype about how his executors had no respect for this monster, even they proved to be far more humane than Saddam ever was in his entire life.

Upvote 0

justanobserver

Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I cannot believe that the (specifically, American) news media is splashing Saddam Hussein's execution photos all over the world.

While I DO NOT condone his actions to his fellow Iraqis by any stretch of the imagination, I am utterly appalled by the feeding-frenzy reaction of the fear-based news media.

This is shocking.

~Britt

your utterly appalled and shocked about the media coverage but you dont condone what he did to his people?

just trying to understand where you are putting your main focus here.

I may not condone all that the media shows but I am utterly appalled and shocked by what Saddam has done over the years.

this is where my main focus is.

Upvote 0

BigToe

You are my itchy sweater.
Jun 24, 2003
Sudzo's Purple Palace of Snuggles
Visit site
✟35,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I thought the media coverage was done well, before showing it on television, they warned you what was in the pictures so you didn't have to look. It would have been too easy for someone to claim he's dead and then not kill him, so some sort of proof of death was required, not just for Iraqis, but for people around the globe. Showing the pictures makes it more real. It lets reality sink in to exactly what has happened. They didn't show the actual hanging, just leading up to it. It could have been done in a much more gruesome manner completely ignoring the senses of the news audiences, but they didn't.

Upvote 0
R

RigalCygnos

Already 78 people killed in Iraq since his death.

Saddam had approximately 40 of his own relatives murdered.

1988: Chemical attack on Kurdish village of Halabja killed approximately 5,000 people.

1990-91: 1,000 Kuwaitis were killed in Iraqi invasion of Kuwait.

1991: Bloody suppression of Kurdish and Shi'a uprisings in northern and southern Iraq killed at least 30,000 to 60,000.

At least 2,000 Kurdish villages were destroyed during the campaign of terror.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,239897,00.html

Upvote 0

s_gunter

Contributor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
✟59,965.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

1988: Chemical attack on Kurdish village of Halabja killed approximately 5,000 people.

1991: Bloody suppression of Kurdish and Shi'a uprisings in northern and southern Iraq killed at least 30,000 to 60,000.

Kinda does put it in perspective, huh?

Upvote 0

Psalm32

Nov 28, 2006
Boston
✟8,058.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

You completley missed the point. What I was highlighting is that his loyalists vowed to retaliate and the death rate will continue to rise. In other words, more violence. We are all aware of his past atrocities.

Upvote 0

Shakespeare

Jul 20, 2006
✟15,220.00
Faith
Lutheran
Politics
US-Others
I do not rejoice in the death of any human being, no matter who that human being may have been. It's that simple. I have friends who are already making jokes about Saddam's execution, and become quite irritated with me when I do not join their laughter.

Saddam may have brought this upon himself. He may have done things worthy of death. I can even understand how his execution may have been necessary to the larger scope of things, but I will not rejoice at his execution. I do not believe any Christian should be celebrating the death of anyone.

I will not comment further because I do not wish to start a flame war; such is not my intention. My only intention is to state in a public forum that I, and many other Christians, do not celebrate the execution of any human being, no matter who that human being may have been or what that human being may have done.

Reactions: David Brider
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
R

RigalCygnos

You completley missed the point. What I was highlighting is that his loyalists vowed to retaliate and the death rate will continue to rise. In other words, more violence. We are all aware of his past atrocities.

If Saddam's loyalists rally around his death, what makes you think they would not be even more encouraged by his being still alive? To assume that they would not continue to keep the death rate rising if Saddam were not executed is a little naive.

If they wanted the violence to stop, why don't they stop first? They have the choice, regardless of the circumstances. They have been killing for years with Saddam's leadership, if they won't stop with his death, nothing will stop them.

Instead of pleasing them, show them that they have no credible voice at all. Put the blame for the violence upon them, where it belongs.

I wonder, I really do, just what you mean by

"We are all aware of his past atrocities."

There is no closing the book on Saddam's "past atrocities" because the carnage is permanent, the anguish is never-ending, the evil must never, ever be minimized in any way, let alone considered irrelevent and forgotten.

Or do you wish to forgive all of them as well?

Upvote 0
R

RigalCygnos

I do not rejoice in the death of any human being, no matter who that human being may have been. It's that simple. I have friends who are already making jokes about Saddam's execution, and become quite irritated with me when I do not join their laughter.

Saddam may have brought this upon himself. He may have done things worthy of death. I can even understand how his execution may have been necessary to the larger scope of things, but I will not rejoice at his execution. I do not believe any Christian should be celebrating the death of anyone.

I will not comment further because I do not wish to start a flame war; such is not my intention. My only intention is to state in a public forum that I, and many other Christians, do not celebrate the execution of any human being, no matter who that human being may have been or what that human being may have done.

Even Christians have the right to recognize the downfall of evil. Even Christians may still have their eyes and hearts filled with the screams of thousands of innocents who found no mercy at the ends of their lives.

To persist in equating every human being as equal in the eyes of God is not reasonable. Am I to actually assume that you view Saddam Hussein as equal to a little child, a young girl, a loving parent, a person who saves lives,
a mother who lost her baby?

God is not blind, knowing that, I believe that it most certainly is up to us, the people upon this earth, to assume the resposibilities of judging and controlling the evils that threaten our fellow human beings.

We do not rejoice in the death of others. We rejoice in the triumph over evil. We are, after all, Christians.

Upvote 0
R

RigalCygnos

Many think that executing Saddam has made him a martyr, which is why it would inspire more violence than keeping him alive. Martyrdom is highly sought after by many extremists.

Considering all the years of Saddam's life which did not minimize the violence, but rather supported both violence and murder, this kind of thinking seems just a bit, uh, naive.

Those that hail him as a martyr doesn't make them any smarter.

It helps a lot to know that martyrdom is so highly sought after by many extremists, perhaps more efforts would be welcome to send them on their way.

^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
R

RigalCygnos

But killing them makes them see each other as martyrs and helps fuel their desire to continue on with their plans. It isn't as easy as saying just kill them all.

We are not responsible for their twisted ideals; and I can't see where they won't keep fuelling their own ideas.

What I do see is their line of propaganda which cynically accuses all the rest of the world as being totally responsible for their homocidal mania.

Why should we turn around and completely agree with such distortions of fact?

At least give them some credit for making their own sadistic decisions.

Upvote 0

ny5i

Dec 10, 2006
Visit site
✟7,781.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Many think that executing Saddam has made him a martyr, which is why it would inspire more violence than keeping him alive. Martyrdom is highly sought after by many extremists.

But Saddam wasn't an extremist... he was a brutal thug dictator that killed his own people, invaded neighboring countries, worked to destroy the environment by first dumping oil into the Arabian gulf and then setting the oil fields ablaze. None of those were done for any form of religous reasons.

Upvote 0

BigToe

You are my itchy sweater.
Jun 24, 2003
Sudzo's Purple Palace of Snuggles
Visit site
✟35,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Sounds like he was pretty extreme to me. There are extremists that go beyond being religious extremists. He was a brutal dictator and he developed some brutal followers. That leads to extremism. I'm not saying that he didn't deserve to be executed. I'm not saying he wasn't a bad guy. I most definitely agree he was horrible and did unspeakable things to his own people. He did unspeakable things to members of his own family even.

And yes, executing him was the smart thing to do because of history. When he was imprisoned and sentenced to die in the early 60's, sympathizers worked to help him escape. To not execute him was running the risk of allowing that to happen again.

But that doesn't mean he and his followers weren't/aren't brutal. And it doesn't mean their extremism won't let this see him as a martyr and fuel their fire. Hopefully, it isn't on a large scale.

Upvote 0

kathaksung

Jan 30, 2002
San Jose, Ca.
Visit site
✟8,266.00
Faith
Atheist
458. The execution of Saddam (12/30/06)

Saddam was executed yesterday. It was arranged by Neocon. It is a strategy step of their Mid-east war plan.
The Iraq government is a puppet of the US. The execution of Saddam must be approved by its master(or ordered by) - Bush administration. Why do they perform such an execution in current situation?

The Neocon's plan in Mid-east is bigger than the Iraq war. After Iraq, the next target is Iran and Syria. To prepare for the Iran and Syria war, US troops must stay in Iraq. That's why we saw there was a continued riot in Iraq. America people are tired of this unjust war. It's them who paid money and lives for it. What's the tactic Bush uses to deal with them? He said if US withdraw from Iraq, then terrorists win and US loses. No people want to admit they support terrorist, no people want to be cowards. Bush uses patriotism to halt anti-war movement.

What excuse the Neocon use to have US troops staying in Iraq? Insurgence and riot. Although some people said Iraq war is like Vietnam war, it is not. There were two big countries: Soviet Union and China behind the Vietnam. It was their support of weapons and economic aids which helped North Vietnam to win the war. There was none such support for Iraq. Iran and Syria, are much weaker and smaller than Soviet Union and China then. They themselves know they are the next target of the Neocon. They dare not to offend US by supporting the Iraq insurgence. To stay in Iraq, Neocon try to make a mess in Iraq - they need a civil war of Iraq.

Al Qaida is a tool of US intelligence. The 911 attack was carried out in the name of Al Qaida. The purpose was to justify the Mid-east war. It succeeded. To provoke a civil war in Iraq, Al Qaida was once again involved.

The conflict between Sunni and Shiiti in Iraq was provoked by the bombing of a Shiiti Muslim Shirine by Al Qaida.

Al Qaida then helped Sunni Muslim in a series of conflict with Shiiti. The purpose is to push for a civil war.

You can view Saddam as a shrine of Sunni Muslim. Kill Saddam is to pour oil on a fire. It will flame a civil war.

America people voted Democratic Party to the House on the hope that the Congress can help US army withdraw from Iraq. Now with this strategy step, Bush will say, the situation is worsen. On contrary, we need more troops there instead of withdraw. A draft may be revived.

The next target in Neocon's map is Iran and Syria. For the coming war, US army has to stay in Iraq. To justify the staying, Neocon needs a riot in Iraq. Saddam's death is one step to reach this goal. Any politicians with brain know the execution at this time will stir the storm not calm it.

(Though Syria and Saudi may be treated as allies in Neocon's plan to deal with Iran, it is only temporary. Remember Saddam also once was an ally of US when he was used to fight against Iran. )

Re:
Quote, "Behind the Cheney Trip to Riyadh
(Reprinted with permission of Executive Intelligence Review)
by Jeffrey Steinberg

Nov. 27, 2006 (EIRNS)-A well-placed and highly reliable source has provided the following account of Vice President Dick Cheney's Nov. 25, 2006 visit to Saudi Arabia.
The essential message delivered to Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah by Vice President Cheney was that there is no basis for dialogue with Iran. The U.S. position in the region has been weakened, and therefore a new security architecture must be established, particularly in the Persian Gulf, to contain and counter Iran's growing influence. Already, NATO has been in dialogue with Qatar and Kuwait, in pursuit of closer, upgraded cooperation. Cheney proposed to establish a new regional balance of power, through a Sunni Arab alliance with Israel, to confront the Iranian threat. Cheney argued that to negotiate with Iran at this time would be tantamount to surrender. A new military organization will be built, involving the Gulf Cooperation Council states, Egypt, and Jordan. NATO and the United States will be closely involved, and Israel will be a de facto participant. These moves led by Cheney obviously aim to pre-empt adoption by the Bush Administration of any recommendations from the Baker-Hamilton Iraq Study Group, to initiate diplomatic talks with Iran.

Cheney took the lead in proposing this new security architecture. There is, at this point, a consensus inside the Bush Administration to pursue this policy. When President Bush arrives later this week in Amman, Jordan, to meet with Iraq's Prime Minister Maliki, he may also hold secret talks with several senior Syrian officials. In that meeting, President Bush will bluntly offer Syria the opportunity to break its ties to Iran and join in the emerging Sunni Arab bloc.

The approach to Syria coincides with a major effort, within Lebanon, to force Michel Aoun to break his alliance with Hezbollah, in the wake of the assassination of Industry Minister Pierre Gemayel. Over the weekend, there was a meeting of leading Maronites, sponsored by Patriarch Sfeir, aimed at tightening the pressure on Aoun to break with Hezbollah, and join a Sunni Arab, Christian, Druze coalition to counter Hezbollah's power. Were the Syrians to accept the Bush offer (highly unlikely), they would be expected to pressure Hezbollah to disarm, as a condition for negotiations to get the Golan Heights back from Israel.

Condi Rice's planned meeting with Mahmoud Abbas and Ehud Olmert is aimed at kick-starting the Israeli-Palestinian talks. But the key to the Israeli policy will be to complete the construction of the wall, and to build similar walls of separation along the border with Lebanon. The argument is that both Hamas and Hezbollah represent extensions of Iran's influence into the areas bordering on Israel, and they must be contained. The "peace" offer being put on the table will center on these walls of separation.
Iran is already aware of these Cheney-led initiatives. While Arab governments will assume that Iran will react and respond to the attempt to create this Sunni Arab-U.S.-Israel security architecture to confront Iran by playing for sectarian conflict in Iraq, Lebanon and elsewhere, sources caution that Iran is taking a more sophisticated view. Recurring statements by President Ahmadinejad are calculated to instigate an Israeli attack on Iran's purported nuclear weapons sites. Iran anticipates some kind of attack on these sites-either by the United States or Israel. Iran would prefer an Israeli attack for several reasons. First, the United States has far more significant military capabilities to strike Iran than Israel does.

Second, any Israeli attack on a Muslim country would trigger a revolt on the Arab streets. Iran carefully studied the response of the population throughout the Persian Gulf and Arab world to the Israeli attacks on Lebanon this summer. They anticipate massive Arab support, across the sectarian Shi'ite-Sunni divide, for Iran, in the event of an Israeli strike.

http://www.larouchepac.com/pages/press_releases

Reactions: CCGirl
Upvote 0
R

RigalCygnos

9 December 2006

"Jeremiah's fall into the clutches of a cult started with a trip to Germany to take part in an anti-war rally to protest over the impending bombardment of Iraq. In late January 2003 outside the British Institute in Paris, where Jeremiah was studying, he bought a newspaper called Nouvelle SolidaritŽ which appealed to his belief that war in Iraq would be misguided.

Unknown to him at the time, the paper is published by an organisation, run by US millionaire and anti-semitic conspiracy theorist Lyndon LaRouche, with whom Jerry would spent his final days.

Described as "sinister and dangerous" by British police, the LaRouche network targets the young and disillusioned, loitering outside universities across Europe.

"It was just before the invasion of Iraq. Jerry was terribly upset about it and he wanted to do something," says Erica. "Then he came across this newspaper that was full of anti-war stuff and he believed in it totally."

"...when he arrived, Jerry found that instead of an anti-war rally, he was in the midst of a conference called How To Reconstruct A Bankrupt World. Organised by the LaRouche youth movement, which critics claim uses brainwashing to bend people to its theories, its speakers included LaRouche himself."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_hea...objectid=18235456&siteid=94762-name_page.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/cult/larouche/main.htm

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Lyndon_LaRouche

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyndon_LaRouche

Upvote 0