• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Saddam is dead....

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by s_gunter, Dec 29, 2006.

1. s_gunter

s_gunter Contributor Supporter

+940
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Harpuia

Harpuia Oldie... very very oldie...

+826
    United States
    Deist
    Engaged
    US-Others

Wow... the blood lust is just amazing here.

3. theeyesoftammyfaye

theeyesoftammyfaye no parking baby - no parking on the dance floor

+211
    Other Religion
    Single
    US-Democrat
    edit: nothing to see here

4. Moonglovv

Moonglovv New Member

+3
    Baptist
    The ones that hate America because it is a Christian nation founded IRREFUTABLY on THE BIBLE.

Anyone who doesn't agree with that is clearly a traitor and should be executed as a war criminal. Its just that simple, obviously. I'm just suggesting we start with the most egregious offenders: sodomites.

5. Macano

Macano Senior Member

+30
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Well now, this thread just took a strange turn....

6. Harpuia

+826
    United States
    Deist
    Engaged
    US-Others
    I was about six seconds away from posting something that would probably get me banned from the site. You're lucky.

Again... America was God-influenced... not God-controlled.

Class is dismissed. Back to the story.

7. theeyesoftammyfaye

+211
    Other Religion
    Single
    US-Democrat
    edit: nothing to see here, either

8. nightflight

nightflight Veteran

+2,627
    Agnostic
    Single
    US-Others
    Phony. Too over the top.

9. Moonglovv

Moonglovv New Member

+3
    Baptist
    Umm no WRONG, sorry. "We hold these truths to be self evident that all men are CREATED equal and are endowed by there CREATOR..." (see: God or Jesus).

End of story

10. InnerPhyre

InnerPhyre Well-Known Member

+1,224
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Shame on you Christians who rejoice when your God does not.

Ezekiel 18:23
    Do I indeed derive any pleasure from the death of the wicked? says the Lord GOD. Do I not rather rejoice when he turns from his evil way that he may live?

18:32

For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone who dies, says the Lord GOD. Return and live!

11. Sycophant

Sycophant My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard

+263
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    I call satire!

As for Saddam/Iraq - I can't wait for Iraq to get all better now. As that is the obvious outcome.

12. Ave Maria

Ave Maria Ave Maria Gratia Plena

+1,522
    United States
    Catholic
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    And now we have yet another victim of the death penalty. :( I do not weep because Saddam is dead. I weep because the death penalty is still being used around the world and in our own nation.

13. BigToe

BigToe You are my itchy sweater.

+1,009
    Christian
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    Al-Arabiya and US Military officials are confirming it.

I hope this allows Iraqis the freedom to take control of their nation, and the confidence they need to do so. I won't celebrate his death, but I do hope his being dead helps Iraqis.

I cannot imagine what it must be like for folks in Iraq. To have lived under the control of a dictator you terrified and then to see him treated as a common criminal, let alone killed for his actions.

14. smile

smile Change? Good. This? Bad.

+104
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    Guys, please be aware that this thread is being watched and rule breaking will not be tolerated. And here's a reminder of rule 2.1.

2.1 No Flaming

You will not "flame" other members or groups of members. Flaming includes, but is not limited to:
    - Ridiculing, insulting, or demeaning another member or group of members;
    - Ridiculing another member's beliefs;
    - Ridiculing public figures important to another's religious beliefs;
    - Stating or implying that another member or group of members who have identified themselves as Christian are not Christian;
    - Calling or describing other people, groups, belief-systems, or ideas as heresy or a cult (or derivatives of these words). Instead of using these emotionally charged words, please state "X is wrong because of Y" rather than using these words in polemical discussion;
    - Asking loaded questions that directly cause flames in response;
    - Using sarcasm to attempt any of the above; and
    - Threats of any sort, including advocating or supporting physical or mental harm against another living creature (this creature clause does not apply to political discussions of military action, hunting/fishing discussions nor ethical discussions of capital punishment).

15. theeyesoftammyfaye

+211
    Other Religion
    Single
    US-Democrat
    you know, peacelover, there are MANY MANY things i disagree with you on, but i'm 100% in agreement with your anti-death penalty stance.

to me, it's kind of heartening when liberals and conservatives can come to an understanding over vital human rights issues, such as the death penalty.

16. JustOneWay

JustOneWay :)

+6,179
    Lutheran
    Private
    I am watching CNN, and they are showing many Iraqi's happy with Saddam's death. Iraq could not move foward until Saddam was gone....perhaps this is for the best.

17. Harpuia

+826
    United States
    Deist
    Engaged
    US-Others
    That screams inspired.

Anyway, I wanted Saddam to be executed... but just not this way...

18. Ave Maria

Ave Maria Ave Maria Gratia Plena

+1,522
    United States
    Catholic
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    Perhaps but I have to believe it would have been better if he was just imprisoned for life.

19. OhhJim

OhhJim Often wrong, but never in doubt

+269
    Non-Denom
    Saddam had his life. He had his chance. He made his choices. He lived longer than, say, Mozart, or Jesus. He was not a victim.

His life was not taken. It was shortened.

20. Petunia

Petunia Senior Veteran

+206
    Christian
    Married
    I'm not sure that in the age of Grace, we should be sending anyone into eternity, but I'd hardly refer to Hussein as a 'victim' of the death penalty. He wasn't a victim.. he was a user and an abuser of the death penalty. He died the way he liked to kill. He probably liked it.

LOL!!