Saddam is dead....

R

RigalCygnos

As one Christian to another, I believed you would be more effective by not indulging yourself with lack of consideration for others. If you care not about how others feel, why bother to share your thoughts?

Please, show me some charity here.

Please.

Quote:

"To love someone is to care for them, have compassion for them, want the best for them, to help them....?"

Reactions: Adammi
Upvote 0
C

Caleb89

As one Christian to another, I believed you would be more effective by not indulging yourself with lack of consideration for others. If you care not about how others feel, why bother to share your thoughts?

Please.

You are absolutely right! .... Which is why I do not understand why you are bothered enough to confront me on something as insignificant as the font I choose to type in.

Upvote 0

Adammi

A Nicene Christian not in CF's Xians Only Club
Sep 9, 2004
✟26,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Please.

Quote:

"To love someone is to care for them, have compassion for them, want the best for them, to help them....?"
I agree, it's common Internet courtesy not to use caps unless conveying excitement or anger and also maintaining the same font size and color.
It's not a bid deal or anything, but it does give dialogue a sense of consistency and an invitational quality.

Upvote 0
R

RigalCygnos

You are absolutely right! .... Which is why I do not understand why you are bothered enough to confront me on something as insignificant as the font I choose to type in.

Please, Brother, surely entreaty is not the same as confrontation. I was not bothered, I was concerned.
But if font is insignificant, I do not understand why you would mind at all.

Why are you only concerned with the lack of love shown by religious countries, yet consider lack of love between Christians insignificant?

Upvote 0
R

RigalCygnos

I agree, it's common Internet courtesy not to use caps unless conveying excitement or anger and also to maintain the same font size and color.
It's not a bid deal or anything, but it does give dialogue a sense of consistency and an invitational quality.

Please forgive me, but it can also be highly distracting and intrusive upon the thoughts being shared in these little boxes which we call posts.

There is common Internet courtesy, but may we also have a just a little consideration, also?

Upvote 0

Adammi

Sep 9, 2004
✟26,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Please forgive me, but it can also be highly distracting and intrusive upon the thoughts being shared in these little boxes which we call posts.

There is common Internet courtesy, but may we also have a just a little consideration, also?
Yes, I completely agree. I just didn't put all of that in my post.

Perhaps CF should offer Posting 101 classes.^_^

Upvote 0
C

Caleb89

I agree, it's common Internet courtesy not to use caps unless to convey excitement or anger and also to maintain the same font size and color.

Well, I do appologize if my font has offended anyone... And I will try to be more considerate of others. And I love you all!!! However, I must ask, why then is CF all about variety and why does it give you so MANY ... excuse me... many font options, if you are to be totally consistent?

And just to clarify, my post that started this "Battle of the Font," if you will, was not in all CAPS... sorry... caps.

Upvote 0

Adammi

Sep 9, 2004
✟26,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
However, I must ask, why then is CF all about variety and why does it give you so MANY ... excuse me... many font options,
So that people may wish others a.....

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Ok, enough about posting courtesies.
Back to "Saddam is dead...."​

Upvote 0
C

Caleb89

Upon_This_Rock, you know me personally, and you know that I am quite the continuosly excited person.

And, also, I have been a member now for several days, and my font choices have been totally inconsistent. I think it would have been a common courtesy to me, if someone would have let me know of my "font error" when the problem first arose... You know as Barney Fife said, "You've gotta nip it in the bud!"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Adammi

Sep 9, 2004
✟26,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upon_This_Rock, you know me personally, and you know that I am quite the continuosly excited person.

And, also, I have been a member now for several days, and my font choices have been totally inconsistent. I think it would have been a common courtesy to me, if someone would have let me know of my "font error" when the problem first arose... You know as Barney Fife said, "You've gotta nip it in the bud!"
I believe that is what RigalCygnos was doing.

And back to our scheduled program.

Upvote 0

chalice_thunder

Senior Veteran
Jan 13, 2004
Seattle
Visit site
✟7,202.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, I do appologize if my font has offended anyone... And I will try to be more considerate of others. And I love you all!!! However, I must ask, why then is CF all about variety and why does it give you so MANY ... excuse me... many font options, if you are to be totally consistent?

And just to clarify, my post that started this "Battle of the Font," if you will, was not in all CAPS... sorry... caps.
I, for one, am not at all bothered by your font choices, brother Caleb.

Post on bro!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chalice_thunder

Senior Veteran
Jan 13, 2004
Seattle
Visit site
✟7,202.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh, I'm sorry.

This, of course, eliminates my consideration, then.

Thank you for letting me know.
I in no way eliminated your concern.
I merely added my opinion that it did not faze me.

C'mon Rigal - jump back into the substance, and let's all play nice. :wave:

Upvote 0

Adammi

Sep 9, 2004
✟26,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upon_This_Rock, you haven't had much to say in the last little bit. Are you still with us? LOL!!! :D
LOL, when it comes to the death penalty I've said all that I have to say already. Refer to post #66

Upvote 0

OhhJim

Often wrong, but never in doubt
Aug 19, 2004
Walnut Creek, CA
✟6,051.00
Faith
Non-Denom
More people need to stand up against criminals or people like Saddam Hussein instead of appeasing them in the hopes they will just go away.

If only we/they had "appeased" Austria-Hungary in 1914, we might have avoided two devastating World Wars.

Sometimes too much "appeasement/negotiation" is a bad thing. Sometimes not enough is a bad thing. I guess it depends on which side of the argument you are on, which examples you pull out to support your case. And, just as importantly, which examples you will ignore.

Upvote 0